• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's 'The Inhumans' to premier on ABC in Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
bUsD08o.gif

Yeah, Ghost Rider looks decent, but man, Medusa is going to be weird.

Stop Blaming Bronson people. He's the Trump of GAF. YOU are the ones who let him rise to power. Can't wait for him to build a wall around any and all Star Wars talk.

Some more details from the New York Times

NYTimes:

NYTimes said:
Imax Corporation, Marvel and the ABC broadcast network announced a partnership on Monday to introduce — and finance — a lavish new television series that will focus on the Inhuman royal family. Under the agreement, a version that combines the initial two episodes of “Marvel’s The Inhumans,” shot entirely with Imax cameras, will play exclusively for two weeks next September on Imax screens worldwide.
Shortly thereafter, the episodes — edited to include additional scenes — will run on ABC, with new installments unspooling in typical prime-time fashion. (The look of the series on TV will be enhanced due to Imax technology.)

NYTimes said:
A co-financing arrangement with Imax will allow ABC and Marvel to spend more to make “The Inhumans,” which will include cinema-quality visual effects. (One criticism of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” has been that certain action sequences are less than dazzling.) Imax has never before served as a financing participant in a TV series, according to Richard L. Gelfond, the company’s chief executive.
“We think this is a business for us,” Mr. Gelfond said of the financing arrangement. “Because Imax has an equity participation both in the pilot and in the series, this deal will be financially advantageous to Imax on an ongoing basis.”

jurgen

Not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

SHIELD was done after this season anyway. There's no mention of Kamala at all.

Kamala is tied to the Inhumans. Considering how things banished to Marvel TV are completely separate from the MCU movies, I think the character just got a giant weight tied to her feet.

Xion385

Kevin Feige must really not give a shit about the Inhumans.

He gave a shit until Spider-Man came back to the fold and Fantastic Four flopped in the box office. Now he's cutting deals left and right with Fox. Hopefully them allowing Fox to make Legion is a sign of good faith to come.

I feel like this means either that the TV and Film divisions are getting along well and planned this together, or it means that the TV division just made a fucking power move and forced itself in to the domain of the Film division. Either way, I'm gonna be optimistic and assume that this means maybe the line between the universes will become blurred a bit more.

Kamala is tied to the Inhumans. Considering how things banished to Marvel TV are completely separate from the MCU movies, I think the character just got a giant weight tied to her feet.

Kamala is tied to the Inhumans, but her involvement with the royal family is kinda limited from what I know.

BLACKLAC

How long has this been in development? fall 2017 is pretty damn quick from the announcement.

They better not be rushing this.

LOL! Ms. Marvel ain't going near the film MCU now. Y'all are gonna be stuck will Captain Marvel in the official MCU.

ps I like Captain Marvel just fine.

jurgen

He gave a shit until Spider-Man came back to the fold and Fantastic Four flopped in the box office. Now he's cutting deals left and right with Fox. Hopefully them allowing Fox to make Legion is a sign of good faith to come.

Feige has nothing to do with Fox making Legion. That's Perlmutter.

The short version is that Feige only has control over the MCU, reporting directly to Disney movies. He used to report to Perlmutter, the head of Marvel, but a power struggle sunk that relationship. So Perlmutter and Marvel Comics has little to no influence over the MCU movies. This has led them to cut deals with Fox and relaunch the X-Men comics. It's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing.

Feige dropped Inhumans to TV because it was originally a pet project of Perlmutter's when Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics both were hostile towards Fox for X-Men.

Ponn

Banned
No Xavier/Beast, no Reed, and now no Black Bolt

Illuminati is dead.

Technically Beast was an Avenger soooooo....still probably not going to happen but hold out hope.

They just won't let Inhumans go eh. I mean, they haven't got to the good parts yet so I will definitely give it a chance. I feel this hinges on who they cast as that crazy sob Maximus. If they go all in like JDM/Negan it could be good stuff.

It's not like Black Bolt is going to carry the show with his stunning personality.

Da-Kid

How long has this been in development? fall 2017 is pretty damn quick from the announcement.

They better not be rushing this.
Probably since April this year more likely a little before when it was missing from the movie lineup. Shortly after Fiege said it was still happening, people assumed it was delayed to Phase 4.

Xion385

The short version is that Feige only has control over the MCU, reporting directly to Disney movies. He used to report to Perlmutter, the head of Marvel, but a power struggle sunk that relationship. So Perlmutter and Marvel Comics has little to no influence over the MCU movies. This has led them to cut deals with Fox and relaunch the X-Men comics. It's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing.

Feige dropped Inhumans to TV because it was originally a pet project of Perlmutter's when Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics both were hostile towards Fox for X-Men.

My bad. I meant Marvel Studios as a whole. I knew about the rift, though.

BLACKLAC

Feige dropped Inhumans to TV because it was originally a pet project of Perlmutter's
when Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics both were hostile towards Fox for X-Men.

Is this speculation? Feige cut a deal with Fox to get Ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom