• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Wolverine aims to achieve Hellblade II levels of graphics

Taur007

Last of Us 3 will do it...
or
whatever ND and Santa Monica are making right now...

But, don't expect something that doesn't exist...
Just play HELLBLADE 2 on your PC or Xbox!
I believe you will be correct for a short time at least, looking at hivebusters dlc, I believe coalition will top them or undead labs, gears 6 or SOD3 will be best looking game this gen and both use UE5

TxKnight7

Hellblade is aiming for realism, Wolverine is more stylized. But in terms of "graphics" insomniac will "win".

in other words; Hellblade is going to look better, but Wolverine is going to be better.

VqdsL7h.gif

fMtHcVD.jpg

proandrad

Hellblade 2 is just a set above a point and click adventure. There is no way wolverine will reach that level of fidelity without completely neutering the gameplay.

What could possibly go wrong? Im so tired of this bullshit....

Sure then Insomniac woke up and fell out of bed, realizing they truly are woke.
Panderman 2 was only the beginning...
Is this the one where he is gay?.......I'm noping straight outta that!!!!!!

disappointed-fridge.gif

I thought this would be a fun thread bump full of console warring or gloating about Hellblade 2's graphics...

Kilau

If you had told me a few years ago that a Wolverine game from Insomniac would be an instant pass I would have said you were crazy, but here we are. Hell, pretty much all “AAA” games are dead to me now.

No we don’t need one I think.

Order 1886 graphics were achieved with Last of Us 2 God of War Horizon U4 etc. later in the gen and the same can be achieved here imo
The issue is that we are nearing the end of this generation soon and only Sony's first party is potentially capable of that level of quality with a larger game. I think we will see open world games, with graphics equal or above HB2, on a more consistent basis on Playstation 6.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Not buying this game because I don't like the writer and spiderman was boring as hell. This game will.most likely be the same. Screw graphics.

Impossibru

Hellblade 2 is linear as fuck and has next to nothing going on screen at any one time.

It's also fine to want to aim for that high graphical benchmark.

Tommi84

So Mary Jane will be even WORSE looking and everyone will have the pronouns next to the name? Yeah, no thanks

Top Bottom