• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooxed

Gold Member
This is not the time to lecture individuals.
I have major problem someone burping in my direction for saying flu bro in totaly unrelated way , someone i never seen posting anything in this thread just wanting to poke me or someone else for making fun in one out of a hundred posts.
We should be allowed to ease off a littlebit here and there and just serve a common good.
I see people coming around coming her for daily updates and i believe we do a good job to help them learn something.

So again no need to call people out for certain comments or piss people off after they try their best to inform others.

Lets all stay civil lets poke some fun at others once or twice but dont take anything personal.
We are all affected by the events. I just found out last sunday night schools are closed.
If i wouldnt have my own company and we wouldnt have help from family i wouldnt know what the fuck to do .
A lot of parents got screwed last night out of the blue.
These are the issues we should focus on and talk about ideas alternatives and just plan for the next wave of chaos that is coming no matter what.

No time for bullshit.

You are way too emotionally invested in this thread. Chill out man.

This is how I protect myself from Coronavirus

cwDbLwf.jpg

This is not the time to lecture individuals.
I have major problem someone burping in my direction for saying flu bro in totaly unrelated way , someone i never seen posting anything in this thread just wanting to poke me or someone else for making fun in one out of a hundred posts.
We should be allowed to ease off a littlebit here and there and just serve a common good.
I see people coming around coming her for daily updates and i believe we do a good job to help them learn something.

So again no need to call people out for certain comments or piss people off after they try their best to inform others.

Lets all stay civil lets poke some fun at others once or twice but dont take anything personal.
We are all affected by the events. I just found out last sunday night schools are closed.
If i wouldnt have my own company and we wouldnt have help from family i wouldnt know what the fuck to do .
A lot of parents got screwed last night out of the blue.
These are the issues we should focus on and talk about ideas alternatives and just plan for the next wave of chaos that is coming no matter what.

No time for bullshit.

I was kinda referring to you, yes (I mean that other guy was having a go at you). Plus, we gotta remember, not everyone's English is mother-tongue here. Someone called me out on my shit-talking, so I toned it down a bit. What I'm saying, and what you're saying too, is that we need to cut each other a little slack. This has real world repercussions, and I don't think how we talk on here needs to be a problem.

Also, I forgot to mention the paperclip guy Captain Zyrain Captain Zyrain for doing stellar updates too.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
A
Ground beef out of stock in two supermarkets I go to. Cool.
All vitamins eggs milk meat out of stock.
Going from store to store trying my luck .
I have most i need .
Fun fact. All gyms shut down so my wife is sending me to get equipment for home.
All malls soon to be shut down.
Stores in malls like lulu lemon and other already shut.

Jtibh

Banned
Both Ford and Trudeau dropped the ball major today. That Trudeau Q&A was infuriating.

"we'll take further precautions when necessary". Great, continue to gamble with everyone's health and safety for another couple weeks in a feeble attempt to rally the economy with panic buying.

"we trust Canadians will take their healthy and the safety of others seriously and obey quarantine guidelines". My friend works at Eb and she told me people have been coming in saying they are on quarantine orders and they need something to do. People don't give a shit about the safety of others. An enforced quarantine was never going to happen, but closing down mon-essential services would do a better job at keeping these assholes at home. It's not like they'd hang out at the grocery store or gas station. But hey, let's leave the bars open, they'll go out for some fresh air and have a couple drinks to kill the time while they are "quarantined".
I cant post this here but i have a pic of him menstruating.
I wouldnt be surprised if he actually does.

sinnergy

Why the Dutch choose for immunization of more than 1 year and not lock down is because we are 3 weeks to late .. in my opinion , no way back.

Wish us luck. But I worry for my loved ones.

I think this is a mistake , lock down in 2 weeks .

Last edited:

llien

I'm not a big Paul Offit fan, but he's making a lot of sense here, and I hope he uses his name recognition and pull within the medical community to get the word out. Fear of the virus is 100% going to wreak (and already wreaking) more havoc than the virus itself. Though I'm sure the armchair gaf experts will call him an idiot and a moron or whatever I've been called these past couple weeks while trying to restore a little sanity.

Because he is a moron who is full of shit. This bit in particular:

"The population of China is about 1.4 billion, three times greater than ours. If we suffer an equivalent proportion of deaths, then 1,000 Americans will die from COVID-19, one-twentieth to one-fiftieth of the number who have died from influenza. "

China, huh?

China has handled it with fucking draconian measures. Actual expected scale of mass Covid-19 infection if no measures are taken is 70-80% of the population.
5%+ of those infected will die.

That is more dead people, than in WWII.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I was kinda referring to you, yes (I mean that other guy was having a go at you). Plus, we gotta remember, not everyone's English is mother-tongue here. Someone called me out on my shit-talking, so I toned it down a bit. What I'm saying, and what you're saying too, is that we need to cut each other a little slack. This has real world repercussions, and I don't think how we talk on here needs to be a problem.

Also, I forgot to mention the paperclip guy Captain Zyrain Captain Zyrain for doing stellar updates too.
You cant read a persons emotional state based on text. Look i just got this comment.
No i am not emotional about anything.
My job turned me into teflon. I am dealing with a lot of asshole clients day by day and i dont care its just a job . If client is shit i just fire them.Nothing sticks to me though i like to call people out on their bull.

A lot of people here do a great job and i would hope more and more people will contribute as the world is changing rapidly and we are still 3 months away from the peak.

That's why I bought a dumbell set and an adjustable bench from amazon. Comes thursday, so just in case the Gym closes for a few weeks
yeah i got stuff at home but it's gonna be sad without dat gym energy even if i put on music

but oh well, desperate times

fuck this fucking shit

😭😭😭

Birdo

Banned
Wait..... Idris Elba and Tom Hanks have it......

There are three beloved actors that the internet worships..... Idris Elba, Tom hanks, and Keanu Reeves.

Get tested, Keanu!

Jtibh

Banned
  • Australia prepares 2nd stimulus package
  • Canada closes borders to foreign travelers
  • Dutch PM says experts believe 'most' citizens will catch virus
  • New Jersey reports 80% jump in cases
  • Italy reports another 3,233 cases, 349 deaths
  • 6 Bay Area counties to issue 'shelter in place' order
  • Actor Idris Elba tests positive
  • WH conference set for 3:30pmET
  • G-7 releases communique about 'coordinated' virus response
  • Washington State shuts down bars, restaurants for 2 weeks
  • First cases confirmed in Tanzania, Somalia
  • Russia 'limits' entry of foreigners
  • UK reports 18 new deaths, asks citizens to avoid all non-essential contact and travel
  • Chile tightens borders, bans foreigners from entry
  • Kudlow teases helicopter money; Romney pushes plan to hand every US adult $1,000
  • Cuomo warns US might not succeed in flattening the curve enough
  • Lombardy reports smallest jump in new cases since beginning of outbreak
  • Greenland reports first case
  • Google's virus website booked up on first day of operation
  • Moscow bans all events with more than 50 people
  • Top Iranian cleric dies
  • Germany closes restaurants, bars, gyms and nightclubs until further notice.
  • EU Commission bars "non-EU citizens" from entering the area, but refuses to cave on internal controls
  • NY, NJ, Conn bar large gatherings
  • Israel mulls national lockdown

cryptoadam

Banned
Actor Idris Elba says he's tested positive for coronavirus
Actor Idris Elba tweeted on Monday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and said he feels OK.
"This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus," Elba wrote.

So I guess he isn't cancelling the apocalypse

(a little Pacific Rim humor)

San Francisco orders residents to shelter in place
From CNN's Cheri Mossburg

San Francisco’s mayor is ordering residents to stay home in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.
Mayor London Breed announced in a tweet that residents will be required to stay home starting at midnight, except for essential needs.

Ohio governor recommends delaying primary until June

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Because he is a moron who is full of shit. This bit in particular:

"The population of China is about 1.4 billion, three times greater than ours. If we suffer an equivalent proportion of deaths, then 1,000 Americans will die from COVID-19, one-twentieth to one-fiftieth of the number who have died from influenza. "

China, huh?

China has handled it with fucking draconian measures. Actual expected scale of mass Covid-19 infection if no measures are taken is 70-80% of the population.
5%+ of those infected will die.

That is more dead people, than in WWII.

No they wont. The actually CFR is much lower. SK CFR is >1%. Same in places like Canada and Germany. Your assuming that the only cases are the ones being reported tested and that there are no people who have it and don't get tested and just recover.

1% CFR is bad, but even if everyone in the world got this it would "only" be about 70 million deaths. Thats a lot no joke but we have gone through World Wars and Spanish Flu that killed 10's of millions when the population was around half of what it is today.

And if this thing did take out a million people you bet that they would fast track any cure and skip and FDA testing etc... We already have multiple vaccines and cures being talked about and studies from china/Japan have shown HIV drugs can work against it as well.

This can become very bad but I doubt it will get to the point where it wipes out millions and even if it did its not going to be 5% of the population because the CFR is not near 5%.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

oatmeal

Banned
Do we think this will get as bad as H1N1 (12K deaths in the US alone)?

Also - I was new to the US when that happened, but I don't recall ANYTHING like this panic-wise. Is that because the media handled Obama with kid gloves and didn't try to perpetuate fear as much?

No they wont. The actually CFR is much lower. SK CFR is >1%. Same in places like Canada and Germany. Your assuming that the only cases are the ones being reported tested and that there are no people who have it and don't get tested and just recover.

1% CFR is bad, but even if everyone in the world got this it would "only" be about 70 million deaths. Thats a lot no joke but we have gone through World Wars and Spanish Flu that killed 10's of millions when the population was around half of what it is today.

And if this thing did take out a million people you bet that they would fast track any cure and skip and FDA testing etc... We already have multiple vaccines and cures being talked about and studies from china/Japan have shown HIV drugs can work against it as well.

This can become very bad but I doubt it will get to the point where it wipes out millions and even if it did its not going to be 5% of the population because the CFR is not near 5%.

The 1% death rate goes to 15% pretty fast when too many people get sick at once and no assisted oxygen is available for the ones who get serious pneumonia.,

Teslerum

Do we think this will get as bad as H1N1 (12K deaths in the US alone)?

Also - I was new to the US when that happened, but I don't recall ANYTHING like this panic-wise. Is that because the media handled Obama with kid gloves and didn't try to perpetuate fear as much?

Death rate is at least 50 times higher than H1N1. So, yes. Good chance.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Yeah it's hilarious that people keep blaming their local governments (or more broadly, Trump) for this.

All blame has to go squarely at the root of the problem.

Its like people complaining at the janitor mopping up the floor because his mop is too small, but no one blames the guy who poured the 2 liter bottle of coke on the floor.

Regardless of what our leaders do they were dealt shitty hands in an unprecedented situation. But the dealer needs to be the one whose ire is directed towards. China fucked us all by being shits when this first started.

Notice how the WHO now talks about Pandemics, banning travel, Europe is the epicenter. But when it was in China they didn't want to use the P word, they didn't want to ban China travel because it might be racist.

No travel ban: Tedros, as he is called, said the WHO does not recommend limiting either trade or travel to China at this time. “In fact, we oppose it,” he said. The health organization said it would question border closures, quarantining of airplane passengers who aren’t ill, and similar steps. Some regions have taken such measures, including Hong Kong, which has sought to limit transportation to the Chinese mainland. British Airways and American Airlines said this week they would halt or limit flights to China as well.

Tedros also called on countries to combat false information about the virus circulating on social media, including Twitter. “This is the time for facts, not fear; for science, not rumors. This is the time for solidarity, not stigma,” he said.

WE OPPOSE IT!

You want to blame people blame CCP and Tedoras plain and simple.

These lockdowns will be spreading throughout the country in the coming days.

Honestly, I just wish they would do it already. My area has already shut down restaurants, bars, nightclubs, etc,etc. Seems like they are testing the waters but I will be surprised if we arent on lockdown by the end of the week.

Officially on work from home status now.. got my desk sort of setup. I've only ever done it once or twice so this will be interesting. Still trying to find a way to cram a 3rd monitor on the desk like I have at work. I liked having a breaking news monitor lol

bronk

Banned
yeah i got stuff at home but it's gonna be sad without dat gym energy even if i put on music

but oh well, desperate times

fuck this fucking shit

😭😭😭
I did 45 days in a row and was trying to be a maniac and do 100. That dream is crushed. I feel you completely... working out at home just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom