• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaplain

A research paper published in Oct of 2007: "Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus as an Agent of Emerging and Reemerging Infection"

"The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored."

Does anyone know how this is possible?

Last edited:
A research paper published in Oct of 2007: "Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus as an Agent of Emerging and Reemerging Infection"

"The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored."

Does anyone know how this is possible?
Updating NPC script now.

"BUSH JR AND OBAMA DID NOT ACT QUICKLY ENOUGH IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS"

kingbean

My company has closed down over half of it's retail locations including the one I operate out of so I've got an unplanned vacation.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
If y'all are looking for something to do during the Coronapocalypse, get the Trails games. It's cheap right now on GOG and they will kill A LOT of time.

DhoH6p2.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned
Updating NPC script now.

"BUSH JR AND OBAMA DID NOT ACT QUICKLY ENOUGH IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS"

Wrong, we gotta blame Trump. In 2007 he should of known he was going to President 9 years later and started preparing for the outbreak 13 years later. What a selfish egomaniac narcissit only thinking about his ego and bank account in 2007 instead of preparing the American people for the WUHAN er I mean US VIRUS.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've been working from home the past week but all the main buildings are still open for people that need to come into the office. They shut everything down today saying there were people in the building that were infected.

Kadayi

Banned

Bad day for the UK with 1950 (+407) up from 1543 which equates to a 26% increase, which is unfortunate given the previous 2 days were 20% and 12.5% respectively. No numbers yet on the death toll though.

On a personal note, working from Home from tomorrow which I'm pleased about, though I dare say it's going to be a challenge in terms of team coordination. Still, it is what it is.

You canalso protect yourself like this: wear gloves, a new sealed mask everyday, wash hands often and stop touching your face.

edited to remove comment about effectivity of supplements.

What makes you think Im not doing those things as well? There are a lot of people who need lecturing on this and if you look at my post history, I am not one of them.

Whats the condition, that in 2 weeks there will be less active cases globally than today? Because there certainly will be more active cases in 2 weeks than there are today.

You'd have to be, as @V4skunk likes to put it, Low IQ; to take that bet.

Call me low IQ. I'll take that bet. less cases, less deaths.

I dare to be wrong, do you, Mr Confident?

Put your account where your mouth is.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My FB friends are so normie-ish.

I guess it's because none of them are "nerds" or gamers but all my Corona jokes go without a single like or whatever.

Could also be because I only have 16 friends there too.

USA and Germany keeps adding numbers all day today, they are not done

Ws3zg3Z.png

follow links for tracker charts

just a study, don't freak out the Science is still being done.

Study says novel coronavirus can last on surfaces for up to 3 days
From CNN's Jacqueline Howard

The details of a study that found the novel coronavirus could remain on contaminated plastic and stainless steel surfaces for up to three days has been published in the New England Journal of Medicine as a correspondence to the editor.
The study — funded by the National Institutes of Health — was posted online last week.
For the study, researchers compared the "surface stability" of the novel coronavirus with that of the SARS-CoV-1 virus, which sparked the SARS epidemic that started in 2002.
The researchers found that the novel coronavirus could be detected on...
  • Copper for up to four hours
  • Cardboard for up to 24 hours
  • Plastic and stainless steel for up to 72 hours.
Also, the coronavirus could linger in aerosols — the suspension of tiny particles or droplets in the air — for up to three hours, according to the study.
SARS-CoV-2 — the name of the novel coronavirus — and SARS-CoV-1 “was similar to that of SARS-CoV-1 under the experimental circumstances tested," the researchers wrote in the study.
Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses common among animals. In rare cases, they are what scientists call zoonotic, meaning they can be transmitted from animals to humans. Researchers have estimated that coronaviruses can linger on surfaces from just hours to more than a week.
A study published last month in The Journal of Hospital Infection found that human coronaviruses, such as SARS, have been found to persist on inanimate surfaces — including metal, glass or plastic surfaces — for as long as nine days if that surface had not been disinfected.
Researchers continue to investigate just how long the novel coronavirus can linger on surfaces and even in the air, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, World Health Organization infectious disease epidemiologist, said during a media briefing on Monday.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'll take it.

I'll bet you a two week ban that we will see so many declines world wide that it will be a none issue in two weeks.
Two weeks? That's too soon. The virus is still making its rounds through the populace, and the numbers will inevitably increase as more testing options come online.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Iran issued a dire warning on the coronavirus outbreak's rapid spread, suggesting "millions" could die in the country if the public keeps travelling and ignoring health guidance.

The Islamic Republic's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei issued a religious ruling prohibiting "unnecessary" travel in the country.

Shit getting bad in Iran. I hope there are no countries still allowing travel from Iran at this point.

What if people start trying to escape that mess? What if neighbouring countries don’t get a choice?

The black mountain has been taken

Montenegro confirms first two coronavirus cases
From CNN's Radina Gigova

Montenegro has confirmed the first two coronavirus cases for the country, Prime Minister Duško Marković announced Tuesday.

In order to protect citizens from the spread of coronavirus, public transportation including buses and rail is suspended, the operation of indoor and outdoor sports and recreational facilities and swimming pools is prohibited, the government said in a statement on Tuesday.

Hair and beauty salons will also be closed, according to the statement.

The government is recommending weddings be postponed and advises burials to be held in a narrow family circle.
Shops should also dedicate the first two hours of opening to the elderly and persons with disabilities, the government said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom