• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Since China's "back to work" today, in many areas, I fear things are about to go from bad to worse.
It seems they are not "back to work" as we had been lead to believe. Many places can only open if they meet requirements to prevent infection. Lots of staff either working from home or refusing to go to work until they feel safe.. movie theatres, schools and entertainment places where crowds could gather are still shut.

Since China's "back to work" today, in many areas, I fear things are about to go from bad to worse.

I saw a report somewhere that said only 10% of a factories employees showed up today. With the anywhere from 7-21 day incubation period.. we won't know if this is bad for a couple more weeks.

Again.. with them being shifty with the #s this doesn't mean a whole lot.

People ARE dying outside Hubei, which didn't happen for a while, but the #'s overall are still very small.

nush

Just use a kid. They love pushing the elevator buttons.
images

Now I wonder if China is going to use this to become a full Security State

they were already watching people but now they don't really care if the world knows about it

I got to watch a bit more NHK World because the video from Dr. Campbell said Japan just did not have a capacity to test all 3,000 people on the cruiseship

if Japan does not have the Capacity we must be missing a lot of these cases in other places

well at least the second update did not have a huge change

did we find out why they have 2 updates per day?

The first update is just Hubei province (with Wuhan) the 2nd update is for the rest of China.

Since the 2nd update has been low since.. forever.. it does not APPEAR to be spreading en masse across China like it did in Wuhan/Hubei. Is this because they're under-counting or miscounting or obfuscating the numbers? Maybe?

They've locked down a lot of area with a very low number of cases in them, but perhaps that is the right move since they didn't do that in Wuhan, and look where they are now.

MAINLAND CHINACasesDeathsNotesLinks
Hubei province
(including Wuhan)
31,7289745,046 serious, 1,298 criticalSource
Other regions10,91042979 serious/criticalSource
TOTAL42,6381,0167,333 serious
3,996 recovered
21,675 suspected

So you can see, Hubei/Wuhan has 3 times as many cases as the rest of China combined, and 23 times the deaths!

The 7333 serious is the number to watch for potential deaths.

Goawaytable!Shoo!Shoo!

Last edited:
Okay I just watched an update on NHK World
they are only testing selected passengers on that ship based on age and symptoms

that ship if fucked I don't understand why Japan is not more aggressive on this smh

Okay I just watched an update on NHK World
they are only testing selected passengers on that ship based on age and symptoms

that ship if fucked I don't understand why Japan is not more aggressive on this smh

They are probably hoping by limiting the exposure they'll just wait out the infection.. But with the variable level of incubation.. It probably would have been better to get them off. At least they're in port though but I'd hate to be stuck in an inside cabin. Those suck when you're cruising for fun let alone imprisoned there!

JordanN

Banned

And this is why I always wear gloves or use the edge of my shirt to touch things in public.

I've seen too many public health violations that I would never put my human hands near any surface. I even still carry hand sanitizer just in case for stuff in the video.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
They are probably hoping by limiting the exposure they'll just wait out the infection.. But with the variable level of incubation.. It probably would have been better to get them off. At least they're in port though but I'd hate to be stuck in an inside cabin. Those suck when you're cruising for fun let alone imprisoned there!

Do you think one could sue the government for such measures?

Do you think one could sue the government for such measures?

I don't know the intricacies of Japanese law but I would guess they have some right to limit their travel if they're suspected of being infected with something.

It's a weird circumstance all around. I would have thought the ship would have been fine for a few days but if this keeps dragging on.. Imagine being stuck in your room for a month!

Liberty4all

Banned
So in case there are any questions that China is fudging the numbers a subreddit figured out the math formula they are using for their fake numbers :

The subreddit OP figured out the daily death numbers for the last 10 days within like 10 - 50 or so.

If I'm right, this near perfect "Chinese Propaganda" quadratic model will provide the world press and the WHO with the following numbers over the next few days:

• 05/02/2020 23435 cases 489 fatalities
  • 06/02/2020 26885 cases 561 fatalities
  • 07/02/2020 30576 cases 639 fatalities
  • 08/02/2020 34506 cases 721 fatalities
  • 09/02/2020 38675 cases 808 fatalities
  • 10/02/2020 43084 cases 900 fatalities
  • 11/02/2020 47733 cases 997 fatalities
Quite sad, considering all the commendations for transparency bestowed upon China by the WHO!

Last edited:

Mistake

So in case there are any questions that China is fudging the numbers a subreddit figured out the math formula they are using for their fake numbers :

The subreddit OP figured out the daily death numbers for the last 10 days within like 10 - 50 or so.

WHO knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

Uh, it's just a line of best fit. It's pretty clear from that zerohedge article that it didn't predict anything.

Also, the guy at zerohedge has no idea what a quadratic function is.

Way too much nutbar bullshit being posted in this thread.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I saw a report somewhere that said only 10% of a factories employees showed up today. With the anywhere from 7-21 day incubation period.. we won't know if this is bad for a couple more weeks.

According to some of the email I got from some electronics companies, they are running at 50% (one shift I think) for now. But that is down in the Pearl River Delta cities.

Still my customer is about 10 days from running out of a critical part, and their customer will be down ~ 3 days later. Air shipments are taking 3-4 days extra since they have to be... rerouted.

Last edited:

According to some of the email I got from some electronics companies, they are running at 50% (one shift I think) for now. But that is down in the Pearl River Delta cities.

Still my customer is about 10 days from running out of a critical part, and their customer will be down ~ 3 days later. Air shipments are taking 3-4 days extra since they have to be... rerouted.

We haven’t been able to get hardware for over a year at any consistent rate and we are getting hit again by this. China has been interesting to say the least lately. At least to me is a serious enough reason to see the delays.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
We haven’t been able to get hardware for over a year at any consistent rate and we are getting hit again by this. China has been interesting to say the least lately. At least to me is a serious enough reason to see the delays.

I'm talking about automotive electronics. Unpopulated/Bare PCBs.

I can't speak for the consumer electronics side of things, but I am fairly sure it is just as bad for them as it is for me.

Not sure how credible this is. My wife’s friend told us she saw it on some dude’s channel from Vietnam. I couldn’t find it there but found it on worldstar instead.

That looks nuts. I'm not sure where they had enough force to break her neck but she looks pretty gone by the end. Wtf.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The first update is just Hubei province (with Wuhan) the 2nd update is for the rest of China.

Since the 2nd update has been low since.. forever.. it does not APPEAR to be spreading en masse across China like it did in Wuhan/Hubei. Is this because they're under-counting or miscounting or obfuscating the numbers? Maybe?

They've locked down a lot of area with a very low number of cases in them, but perhaps that is the right move since they didn't do that in Wuhan, and look where they are now.

MAINLAND CHINACasesDeathsNotesLinks
Hubei province
(including Wuhan)
31,7289745,046 serious, 1,298 criticalSource
Other regions10,91042979 serious/criticalSource
TOTAL42,6381,0167,333 serious
3,996 recovered
21,675 suspected

So you can see, Hubei/Wuhan has 3 times as many cases as the rest of China combined, and 23 times the deaths!

The 7333 serious is the number to watch for potential deaths.

Goawaytable!Shoo!Shoo!
Hubei got overwhelmed. When your health system collapses, those are the numbers you are getting. You can't get respirators for thousands of people, there are like a dozen in a hospital. Can't suddenly mass produce them either. So when you are suddenly confronted with 50 people needing them - you have lost the fight. Wuhan is just managing the crisis, they don't control it in any way. The serious patients will have to survive on their own (with some help of medication to strengthen their immune system, but that's it).

eot

Banned

Polynomials fit data, news at 11.

Here's a math fact for you, polynomials are a basis for L^2. In English, this means you can fit any* function on a finite interval to a polynomial with arbitrary precision.

*square integrable

Last edited:
So the news has been saying the UK had to change the rules on Quarantine because one of those evacurated tried to leave so the law was changed to forced them to stay in quarantine

but- the guy we have been following says nope that never happened no one tried to leave

Ben using the words fake news makes me less willing to trust him over the news reports of why UK powered up the rules

Last edited:

ManaByte

nush

It's like they WANT this to go global and wipe out half of the population...

Qs26oRH.jpg

"Yeah, pandemic is so hot right now.. we're seeing click-through and engagement above what we would for this time of year.. uh huh, yeah Kobe thing derailed for 48 hours but that didn't have the cross-demographic penetration that this story does.. well we can ramp this up to how it's affecting US business and the losses they are making, give them a little break on the 14th for some feel good stories and hopefully a good tear-jerker story of a perfect couple separated by quarantine.., yeah we'll make sure we find a cute Asian chick for that one..."

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

It's like they WANT this to go global and wipe out half of the population...
Hyperbole much? Right now it looks like it's mostly deadly to old male Asian smokers with a precondition in Hubei. We are far away from half the population. The death rates outside of Hubei are at 0.16 %.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom