• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I am pretty sure there was at least one episode when a deadly virus came from the SG program.. maybe Chiner is onto something!! RIP Hammond

Also:

Shit's getting real.

Close that hair salon!

So the mayor of a city can unilaterally determine who does and doesn’t get water and power?

Two years from now - “oh you’re thirsty? Shouldn’t have misgendered people on twitter, bigot”

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

New UK Figures. 17089 (+2546) which represents a 17.5% gain on the day before. Though that marks a drop-down from the 25% gain that day, which is encouraging in that the social distancing initiative and the lockdown might be starting to have an impact. Total new tests were 6999 of which 36.7% were confirmed positive which equates to a little over 1 in 3.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Spent my Saturday sorting my bookcases out which was good.

I have a feeling it's just quieter at the weekend. I've been busy bringing my man-cave back into action (removing the bathroom from it seeing as my builder is stuck in Norway). It was so annoying that having been racing on iRacing since 2012 suddenly now every fucker's doing it and I don't have a man-cave in which to do it.

Kadayi

Banned
I have a feeling it's just quieter at the weekend. I've been busy bringing my man-cave back into action (removing the bathroom from it seeing as my builder is stuck in Norway). It was so annoying that having been racing on iRacing since 2012 suddenly now every fucker's doing it and I don't have a man-cave in which to do it.

After a few weeks, people are going to really get into decluttering something fierce.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Holy fuck, shit for brains is tweeting about quarantining NY, NJ, and CT.
We're going to need Derek Jeter to talk him out of it.

In all seriousness, that would be the worst move he could possibly make. Will cause panic on those areas, and will make people in other areas feel safe when it does absolutely nothing for them.
Lock down the country you fucking moron.

Dude relax, you sound like a total spaz right now.

dO dIcTaToR sTuFf fOr aLl, nOt jUsT tHe hOtSpOtS

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Yo, this needs to become mandatory.

iLi8pnd.jpg

Want to go shopping? You must pass a temperature test first.

Last edited:
is the percent increase still going down in Italy? Someone posted a graph and can't find a similar source. Last it was around 8-10% increase vs 20% like 10 days before.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, this needs to become mandatory.

iLi8pnd.jpg

Want to go shopping? You must pass a temperature test first.

Why? It's probably safe to say that the majority of people who are contagious do not have a fever. It's a false sense of security if you ask me. Better than nothing, maybe, but I hope that no one using thermography equipment like this thinks they are actually on top of things.

the numbers climb so fast

Bg0PfMF.png

NXJhwVx.png

this thing needs to get on the down turn phase soon

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
no it won’t - all it means is that people from the tristate can’t leave and go infect other states like Rhode Island and Florida.. it wouldn’t be the same as a China style lockdown
Rhode Island and Florida have thousands of infected. It will do nothing for them except give a false sense of security.
It will also cause panic amongst some in the Tristate. Hopefully nothing major, but there will be many who see it as more than it is.
Also by tweeting now, the people who have the means, and were even considering leaving are going to do that now.
I think it's a dumb move to make.

Dude relax, you sound like a total spaz right now.

dO dIcTaToR sTuFf fOr aLl, nOt jUsT tHe hOtSpOtS
Every bad decision costs lives, and extends the depression we will be in.
If he has the power to lock down 3 states, he has the power to lock down 50. If you're going to do something, do it right. I want our lives to return to normal, this shit matters.

Last edited:

GamingKaiju

Video was posted somewhere where else in the thread so I can't quote them for credit.

But fuck me!

The amount of control and insight the CCP has over the Chinese people now is unprecedented.

Logging all your the people and places you visit on your phone and constant temp check on buses, trains, restaurants just random places, having temp checks to be carried out at work is mandatory as well as logging any symptoms, or feeling unwell.

Spiked did a podcast on how much the power the UK government has and we gave it up willingly and when the pandemic is over these powers will be used in various other ways like China, to enforce an almost police state. We've gone well onto an Orwellian path, I can totally seeing the UK government taking a similar action that China has with logging everywhere we go with temp checks, under the guise of 'Corona!! we must control the continued outbreak. ' Holy shit. How long can the UK gov keep us on an enforced lockdown because we probably will have a another 3 week lockdown and then a very slow return to the new normal this shit is going no where.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Rhode Island and Florida have thousands of infected. It will do nothing for them except give a false sense of security.
It will also cause panic amongst some in the Tristate. Hopefully nothing major, but there will be many who see it as more than it is.
Also by tweeting now, the people who have the means, and were even considering leaving are going to do that now.
I think it's a dumb move to make.

Every bad decision costs lives, and extends the depression we will be in.
If he has the power to lock down 3 states, he has the power to lock down 50. If you're going to do something, do it right. I want our lives to return to normal, this shit matters.

You have absolutely no clue what the fuck you’re talking about, and your appeals to emotion and hysterics aren’t helping either.

darkestdame

Banned

Video was posted somewhere where else in the thread so I can't quote them for credit.

But fuck me!

The amount of control and insight the CCP has over the Chinese people now is unprecedented.

Logging all your the people and places you visit on your phone and constant temp check on buses, trains, restaurants just random places, having temp checks to be carried out at work is mandatory as well as logging any symptoms, or feeling unwell.

Spiked did a podcast on how much the power the UK government has and we gave it up willingly and when the pandemic is over these powers will be used in various other ways like China, to enforce an almost police state. We've gone well onto an Orwellian path, I can totally seeing the UK government taking a similar action that China has with logging everywhere we go with temp checks, under the guise of 'Corona!! we must control the continued outbreak. ' Holy shit. How long can the UK gov keep us on an enforced lockdown because we probably will have a another 3 week lockdown and then a very slow return to the new normal this shit is going no where.

Or more likely no rights will be infringed upon long term in the UK.

Jtibh

Banned

But fuck me!

Check out this channel .

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

But fuck me!

Nahh, we are safe in the US, our government's monitoring is more subtle, and there is still some intent of privacy respect.
Watch the conference I linked. Somewhere in there Trump speaks about having a call with Xi, turns out they get along, where Xi recommends him some measures to fight the virus that wouldn't be accepted by the US citizens.
It was "reassuring" to understand that the government is aware of the fact that taking away our rights on tops of the mandated quarantines would just instigate chaos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Nahh, we are safe in the US, our government's monitoring is more subtle, and there is still some intent of privacy respect.
Watch the conference I linked. Somewhere in there Trump speaks about having a call with Xi, turns out they get along, where Xi recommends him some measures to fight the virus that wouldn't be accepted by the US citizens.
It was "reassuring" to understand that the government is aware of the fact that taking away our rights on tops of the mandated quarantines would just instigate chaos.

Dr. Birx also specifically addresses that they are fully aware of the approaches taken by China and South Korea and took their learnings into account when coming up with realistic recommendations for the United States. Timestamped here for convenience:

Last edited by a moderator:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
the numbers climb so fast

Bg0PfMF.png

NXJhwVx.png

this thing needs to get on the down turn phase soon
USA is on absilutely horrible trajectory...

T8SC

Gold Member
Has anyone got (or know where there is) a table that compares the ratio between cases & deaths between countries?

betrayal

Banned
While I am sure a great many people appreciate your unbridled optimism, I am not sure how you can claim they have reached their peak.

They've definitely stopped the exponential spread, but they had the third highest new case count ever today. New cases are still outpacing recovered cases per day as well.

They've also been on quarantine for over two weeks now and we're still seeing 5900+ new cases per day. The incubation time is looking more like 4-7 days, so everyone getting sick now had to happen well after the lock downs were put in place.

Hopefully you're right and things magically turn around next week, but that's just what you said a couple weeks ago, and last week, and probably next week too. At some point you'll be right!

The deaths will continue to rise. I wish we had updated age specifics to see if it's still 70+ that are going, even with the overloaded hospitals.

What does this have to do with optimism? I'm only talking about the numbers and they speak a clear language. And the peak is not a one-day event and then the numbers fall immediately.

Your logic that because of the incubation period, for example, all cases today were infected during the lockdown is completely wrong. Not everyone is tested on the first day of symptoms and certainly not everyone has to a) have symptoms at all or b) you can develop them slowly over a few days before you will get tested. Also, the tests usually take 2-3 days until the results are available. Before someone finally gets a "positive" result, at least 10-14 days pass from the time of infection.

The average age of the dead in Italy is still ~80 years. Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105061/coronavirus-deaths-by-region-in-italy/

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
You have absolutely no clue what the fuck you’re talking about, and your appeals to emotion and hysterics aren’t helping either.

Not one part of what I said is wrong.
I absolutely can point out stupid moves without being in hysterics (never heard anyone but Jewish grandmothers say that, lol), and I'm going to continue to do so. I actually thought he was on the right track yesterday (and I said as much here), and hopefully someone puts him back on it today.

I'm going to play Doom, and vape some lava cake. Its absolutely stressful times, we all got to relax when we can.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I absolutely can point out stupid moves without being in hysterics (never heard anyone but Jewish grandmothers say that, lol), and I'm going to continue to do so. I actually thought he was on the right track yesterday (and I said as much here), and hopefully someone puts him back on it today.

I'm going to play Doom, and vape some lava cake. Its absolutely stressful times, we all got to relax when we can.
No clue whats going on..

But waping lava cake whats that?
And you call doom relaxing hahaha that game is a mind fuck to my reflexes.

oatmeal

Banned

I have some fruity pebbles and, son of a bitch, it tastes like fruity pebbles.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Japanese have advantage: they wear masks.
Even not so good mask is very effective at reducing crap coming out of an infected person.

I am also sure that masks will be mandatory in many countries for many things in everyday life if the lockdown is lifted step by step. Heard it here first :messenger_medmask:

SushiReese

Sandyman

Neo Member
Re-post again;
I have not doubt that the Chinese number sounds suspicious. But NTD is Falungong religion's mouthpiece propaganda. It's not a credible source. (If you wonder what Falungong is.)
Falungong is basically equal to Chinese Scientology , it falsely reported it successfully convinced 100 million of Chinese withdraw from CCP which is more than CCP membership by 140% in 2020.
nah china never lied. give one example and it will be false. that is what i learned.

betrayal

Banned
Of course that's being skewed by the fact that younger people are given priority care.

It was also the exact same average age of the dead when hospitals did not yet have to use triage. If triage is used correctly, then the people who die due to lack of treatment are also the people who would very likely die with treatment. Regardless of how you look at it, in the end these figures are very close to reality.

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
This is one of the instances the media has let people down. Only under specific tests and conditions was it made airborne, and also the shelf life on surfaces thing is also so misleading.

Although technically an aerosol makes it airborne (go and lookup the rabies aerosol experiments with goats).

But yes, I'm going back into my pressure-controlled bunker.

Jtibh

Banned
Re-post again;
I have not doubt that the Chinese number sounds suspicious. But NTD is Falungong religion's mouthpiece propaganda. It's not a credible source. (If you wonder what Falungong is.)
Falungong is basically equal to Chinese Scientology , it falsely reported it successfully convinced 100 million of Chinese withdraw from CCP which is more than CCP membership by 140% in 2020.
Everything in the video seems to be factual.
I dont care who they are as long as the content is relevant.

SushiReese

If anyone want to rely on religion/doomsday cult's news media for reporting cov-19 information update, it's fine.

Also, now USA has more than 120000+ reported cases. More than 22 states have or would have more than 1000+ cases by the end of this weekend. Trump is right to quarantine NY, but it should be enforced faster and broader. More importantly, it should only be announced to public after executed the quarantine.
ncCbIUO.png

And even the states with lowest confirmed number would be over 100+ cases per state by the end of weekend. Imagine people in other states flee to hometown before quarantine is enforced.

ENufT6W.png

room414

Neo Member
It was also the exact same average age of the dead when hospitals did not yet have to use triage. If triage is used correctly, then the people who die due to lack of treatment are also the people who would very likely die with treatment. Regardless of how you look at it, in the end these figures are very close to reality.

No, more of the younger people would die if they weren't being prioritized and many more elderly would live. This is obvious by the spike in mortality rate once healthcare is overwhelmed. CFR is greatly affected by the availability of care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom