• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

🤣🤡 conspiracy I tell you !!

Trump fits right into the category that has the highest risk ? Overweight and old.

But it’s all a pr stunt to show that it’s flu
He just has a cold.

Can claim victory over virus and will win new term !
#flubro

Last edited:
Not re-sizing...

qxpPKM7.jpg

rzpcXFK.jpg

a2zQ2l1.jpg

VzHNQmy.jpg

IBvYSrk.jpg

plLyeJt.png

e4siNPU.jpg

EesYWUC.jpg

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
W.H.O. estimates 750 million infections to date. Which sounds horrible, but the bright side on that would be that with roughly 1 million deaths thus far, that works out to an infection fatality rate of 0.13%, which is similar to influenza. The main difference would seem to be that covid is more infectious and lacks a vaccine. This could change someone's thinking as this disease is usually very mild on a personal level, despite being more concerning on an epidemiological scale. The panic and stress many are experiencing isn't valid, and is more a product of sensationalist, money driven media that faces ever increasing competition for consumers' attention and peddles ever more fear to make their money. Additionally, the internet has had a massive amplifying effect on this situation, as it has with most things that its attention is turned upon, increasing humanity's already rising neuroses to amazing new heights. It's not healthy, but it's probably not going to stop, either. Nevertheless, these things should be noted.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...g-months-dr-mike-ryan-says-1.4370626?mode=amp

Chittagong

Gold Member
W.H.O. estimates 750 million infections to date. Which sounds horrible, but the bright side on that would be that with roughly 1 million deaths thus far, that works out to an infection fatality rate of 0.13%, which is similar to influenza. The main difference would seem to be that covid is more infectious and lacks a vaccine. This could change someone's thinking as this disease is usually very mild on a personal level, despite being more concerning on an epidemiological scale. The panic and stress many are experiencing isn't valid, and is more a product of sensationalist, money driven media that faces ever increasing competition for consumers' attention and peddles ever more fear to make their money. Additionally, the internet has had a massive amplifying effect on this situation, as it has with most things that its attention is turned upon, increasing humanity's already rising neuroses to amazing new heights. It's not healthy, but it's probably not going to stop, either. Nevertheless, these things should be noted.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...g-months-dr-mike-ryan-says-1.4370626?mode=amp

So if WHO is right, we have 1M deaths for 750M infections. 6B people to go. 8M deaths to go globally, assuming no vaccine or treatment improvements.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
So if WHO is right, we have 1M deaths for 750M infections. 6B people to go. 8M deaths to go globally, assuming no vaccine or treatment improvements.

There already are treatment improvements, a vaccine likely coming, but it's not that simple, either. I think extrapolating to 8M is a very long, thin stretch, nevertheless.

prag16

Banned
This also assumes everyone in the world gets it (has never come remotely close to happening even on a more localized basis for any pandemic ever), and assumes that there is no Tcell cross-reactivity from other coronaviruses giving a chunk of people existing protection.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I think this is the right take all around. I still believe that, were this 2008, COVID just wouldn't have registered at all. We would have had no lockdowns, no mask nonsense, none of this. The news would have said, "a bad flu is going around, stay home if you're sick" and we would have just kept on. I think all this hysteria is the result of a social media monster we cannot control and a media that has morphed into something truly evil.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dr. Campbell introduced a study that speculated Neanderthal genes may increase risk for COVID-19 having serious effects.

Not sure if true, but interesting theory.

Chittagong

Gold Member
There already are treatment improvements, a vaccine likely coming, but it's not that simple, either. I think extrapolating to 8M is a very long, thin stretch, nevertheless.
This also assumes everyone in the world gets it (has never come remotely close to happening even on a more localized basis for any pandemic ever), and assumes that there is no Tcell cross-reactivity from other coronaviruses giving a chunk of people existing protection.
Measures work! Great 😊

That is kind of the point. In the absolute worst case scenario (we do as badly as so far, no treatment or vaccine, 100% infected) the global death toll will be 8 million. Just under one in thousand.

That is hardly a number worth wrecking people’s health, mental health and finances over.

sinnergy

That is kind of the point. In the absolute worst case scenario (we do as badly as so far, no treatment or vaccine, 100% infected) the global death toll will be 8 million. Just under one in thousand.

That is hardly a number worth wrecking people’s health, mental health and finances over.
Depends if your family has a couple of deaths .. think about that for a while . Could be those 4 from the 4000. Your mother and father , maybe 2 uncles No guarantee from this virus .

Last edited:
Depends if your family has a couple of deaths .. think about that for a while . Could be those 4 from the 4000. Your mother and father , maybe 2 uncles No guarantee from this virus .
My mother is 80, has COPD and mobility issues and is not in any way worried about the virus. she would rather focus on life as it is in the moment rather than worry about any potential 'what if' scenarios. I reckon if more people had a mindset like that we'd manage this 'pandemic' just fine rather than the current circus we see playing out.

cryptoadam

Banned
Some news from Jewland

And bad news for anti maskers da jooose have a mask that kills 99% of the rona

Some news from Jewland

Just looked up possible Zinc Oxide side effects...i'll pass on the masks thanks!

Chaplain

"In this video, I give my medical insight from the medical update about President Trump's COVID-19 diagnosis and hospitalization. President Trump's doctor, Dr. Sean Conley, gave a press conference regarding Trump's COVID-19 illness." (10/3/20)

Last edited:

Cracklox

I think this is the right take all around. I still believe that, were this 2008, COVID just wouldn't have registered at all. We would have had no lockdowns, no mask nonsense, none of this. The news would have said, "a bad flu is going around, stay home if you're sick" and we would have just kept on. I think all this hysteria is the result of a social media monster we cannot control and a media that has morphed into something truly evil.

Well it sorta did in 2009. Remember swine flu. It made some news but people mostly just got on with life. A couple of people at my work even had it, but they just stayed home for a few days, and business went on as usual. The worst you would hear is 'Ewww. A pig flu. Don't want that'

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Well it sorta did in 2009. Remember swine flu. It made some news but people mostly just got on with life. A couple of people at my work even had it, but they just stayed home for a few days, and business went on as usual. The worst you would hear is 'Ewww. A pig flu. Don't want that'
I still believe if Trump wasn't in office we wouldn't have had any lockdowns and went on with life...

diffusionx

Gold Member
My mother is 80, has COPD and mobility issues and is not in any way worried about the virus. she would rather focus on life as it is in the moment rather than worry about any potential 'what if' scenarios. I reckon if more people had a mindset like that we'd manage this 'pandemic' just fine rather than the current circus we see playing out.

Your mother’s time is limited (as it is for all of us, but you know what I mean). I am sure she would rather spend that time LIVING, spending time with her friends and family, then being scared locked up alone in an apartment somewhere. I think once you get old your perspective changes. The terrified busybodies demanding these restrictions claim they’re doing it for granny but in reality they’re demanding we comply with their lunacy for their own perceived benefit.

Some news from Jewland

If the mask is that effective anti-maskers should be happy, if they can distribute it well enough the virus will be gone in no time and no more masks would be required.

Cracklox

Your mother’s time is limited (as it is for all of us, but you know what I mean). I am sure she would rather spend that time LIVING, spending time with her friends and family, then being scared locked up alone in an apartment somewhere. I think once you get old your perspective changes. The terrified busybodies demanding these restrictions claim they’re doing it for granny but in reality they’re demanding we comply with their lunacy for their own perceived benefit.

Its a good point. Has anyone actually asked the elderly that we're supposedly doing this for, if they're ok with being used a tool to invoke all this madness?

Like Euclid's Bendy Water Euclid's Bendy Water , my mother has a few issues, is a pretty similar age, and is not at all worried about CV. She's in a care facility which I get we should be careful with, but she's more frustrated at being couped up 24/7 and not being able to see her sister or me, the only two relatives that live close enough to visit regularly. I've seen her twice this year, and one of those was being a little dodgy and flaunting a few rules a couple of months ago.

This is all of course made worse, living in the Peoples Republic of Victoria, Australia where we have had the longest and possibly strictest lockdown in the world, and for the last 2 months police have set blockades up everywhere out of Melbourne (where I am) to stop people going to country areas (where my moms is)

*lets building anger subside and takes a deep breath*

Its all just stupid

sinnergy

🤣🤡 conspiracy I tell you !!

Trump fits right into the category that has the highest risk ? Overweight and old.

But it’s all a pr stunt to show that it’s flu
He just has a cold.

Can claim victory over virus and will win new term !
#flubro
See nostro🤡 nus . I predict another 2 years of lockdowns.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Good column in The Times yesterday(can't remember the author) about how the vast majority of the academics and public health officials who are clamoring for more lockdowns (when they aren't lecturing the white working class about their privilege) have not missed a single paycheck or experienced any decrease in income since the pandemic started.

Yet - state employee furloughs and are probably coming sometime in the next year to most jurisdictions due to the precipitous drop in tax revenue.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Good column in The Times yesterday(can't remember the author) about how the vast majority of the academics and public health officials who are clamoring for more lockdowns (when they aren't lecturing the white working class about their privilege) have not missed a single paycheck or experienced any decrease in income since the pandemic started.

Yet - state employee furloughs and are probably coming sometime in the next year to most jurisdictions due to the precipitous drop in tax revenue.

That's a big, big part of the problem. The fact is, when these lockdowns started, the general vibe from the media and blue check twitter was that it was time for self-actualization, like let's bake and walk around in sweatpants all day because it's what we really want to do anyway because adulting is HARD. The fact is that this blue checkmark twitter class hates the working class and hates "middle America", we see it in the news, the way they treat these areas like circus freak shows in their reporting, we see it in movies and TV shows, and we definitely saw it after the 2016 election.

The overall lack of discussion on the destroyed economy, starving people, problems with remote learning, increase in depression, and other things is pretty incredible - and not just that, but how when they do report on these things, they frame it as because of "the virus" instead of the reality which is that governments intentionally made the decision to destroy the economy and put people on this path to ruin.

Last edited:

WoJ

I have been talking about this with friends since this whole thing started. The people clamoring for lock downs and this insanity that we are living in are largely not impacted by the draconian measures taken. It is people who can work from home.

I fall into this bucket. My wife works in healthcare and thankfully did not get laid off, but there was a period of time in April/May where there was some concern. She never treated COVID patients, but they cut capacity at her hospital to the point where it was lower than at any point in the 14 years she has worked there by miles. Point is - she kept working and I have kept working remotely. We have not been impacted economically.

The people most impacted are the people that the progressives and all those government officials/academics claim to want to help - lower income families. Instead, they are really promoting these measures that will just widen the gap between the rich and poor while damaging the middle class. That's really what is going on here with these "pandemic" measures and lockdowns. I'm not even trying to argue whether lock downs, restrictions, and all this stuff is right or wrong. Merely pointing out the fallout from all this that is just being ignored. And if you bring it up you instantly get labeled a science denier (at least in my experience you do).

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Study on the viability of masks from last month.

Saw this as well. The only thing that makes some sense is a properly fitted N95 but nobody is wearing those these days.

Masks. Dont. Work. We are wasting our time and letting evil people turn this into a morality play/compliance exercise. At most, wear a mask if you feel sick and need to go somewhere, but it's better to stay home.

Last edited:

Guileless

MONTREAL -- Quebec provincial police will begin manning checkpoints in Quebec to curb the spread of COVID-19, as new cases and hospitalizations surge in the province.

Joe T.

MONTREAL -- Quebec provincial police will begin manning checkpoints in Quebec to curb the spread of COVID-19, as new cases and hospitalizations surge in the province.

It's getting beyond ridiculous here. There were apparently hundreds of police officers sent to watch over a protest with maybe 300 people in Rimouski, Quebec a few days ago, dozens of fines handed out at over $1,500 each. They're also being sent out to watch over each high school now, "for education purposes." Law enforcement's using fake profiles on Tinder which is interesting because they're now allowed to enter homes if they have reason to believe you invited someone over that doesn't reside there.

I've seen people talking about organized efforts to screw around with certain media personalities, a new target each week with a couple of French language anchors first in line. If the government keeps this up it wouldn't surprise me to see the push back grow bolder.

cryptoadam

Banned

The number of hospitalizations increased by 27 compared to the previous day, for a cumulative total of 361. Among these, the number of people in intensive care decreased by 2, for a total of 62

Province of 8 million people.

Distribution of deaths by age group
Age group% of deaths
Under 20 years0.0
20-29 years0.1
30-39 years0.1
40-49 years0.4
50-59 years1.9
60-69 years6.0
70-79 years18.0
80-89 years40.1
90 years or more33.4
Age to be determined0

Last edited:

Joe T.

This is one of the strongest cases I've seen presented to the public not only against lock downs, but the pandemic as a whole. It's long and well worth the watch as it pieces together a lot of the points that skeptics have raised over the months in this thread in addition to some I don't think I've heard until now (the German connection specifically, reagents aside).

Dr. Reiner Fuellmich discusses the findings of the International Corona Investigative Committee formed on July 10th, 2020 by four lawyers. The committee is made up of lawyers, doctors, and scientists and they started off by asking 3 basic questions:
  • Is there a corona pandemic or a PCR test pandemic?
  • Do the measures serve to protect us or to make us panic so the pharmaceutical industry can profit?
  • Is it true the German government was massively lobbied, more so than any other country, by the chief protagonists of this pandemic [named in the video] because Germany is known as a particularly disciplined country and was therefore to become a role model for the rest of the world for its strict and successful adherence to the corona measures?

Interesting how the time chosen differs between graphs. The Hawaii one stops on August 30th, just before cases start dropping fast. And in all the ones with Sweden stop early September, just before cases start rising.
August 30th is >7 weeks after the outdoor mask mandate and 4.5 months after the indoor one in Hawaii. How do you think masks work?

Guileless

Nicola Sturgeon is expected to introduce a travel ban as part of sweeping new restrictions to curb the spread of coronavirus in Scotland.

A two-week “circuit breaker” lockdown appears to be increasingly likely, with the first minister holding meetings with key advisers, cabinet ministers and senior figures in the UK government over the next 24 hours.

An announcement on stricter controls — in which pubs and restaurants could be temporarily shut down — is expected to come tomorrow.

frostyxc

They will identify the devious COVID trying to enter and exit the province by their nifty red berets. Genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom