• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakage

Honestly it makes you wonder what is going in Italy. As far as I am aware they still haven't been able to identify who the outbreak started with.

Last edited:

Wwg1wga

Wearing only N95-style masks which are pointless
N95 masks are giving people a false sense of protection should be more than a little alarming.
Yet at this very moment almost no one in the health care establishment seems to be aware that coronavirus can infect people through their eyes.

Someone is going to make a killing selling swimming goggles

This is the most unexpected news from an Islamic country

very interesting, I was expecting a horror show after Friday prayers.
They pray 5 times per day at Masjid anyway but Fridays are always packed

sinnergy

That’s why i have goggles for my family here for a month now ... closed ones. Swimming and work ones, gotta be smart .

Last edited:

tfur

Buying ammo is what makes you a pussy

real men defend themselves with their bare hands, wearing gloves and masks, and goggles. (don't be fools viruses are scary)

Well, I guess that just makes me a pussy.
giphy.gif

cosmic wizard

Neo Member
Pastas, rice, noodles, bought in bulk, last forever, is a good thing, then just grab a box of canned tomatoes/beans/corn/mushrooms, and volia, you can last months as long as you have water and access to boiling temps.

Takes so little effort, everyone should really always have a small e-stash at home, makes life so much easier in bad situations. Might be bad weather, storms, droughts, or, I guess viruses. Doesn't cost much, nobody will suffer from you having it. Add a small multifuel burner and you can sustain yourself for a very long time.

Civil defence 101?

All of our grandparents had some base storage at home, not a bad idea.

Add solar storms to that too. (Carrington event)

Always a good Idea to have at minimum two weeks of supplies.

(Best source for vitamin C comes from fresh fruit and veg)

Preventative measures.

Vitamin D3: 1000 - 2000 IU
Vitamin C: 300 mg RDA [unwell increase 3000 mg - divided doses]
Zinc: 15-20 mg
Magnesium: 300-400 mg

+
Selenium: RDA [100 micrograms]

+
Echinacea tea in moderation can stimulate the immune system (research)

Gp1

If you are in Brazil and have a good news source confirming the second test results send to BNO

they seem stuck on the first report and not adding Brazil to the tracking page yet

Even the WHO already confirmed, in Pt-Br

we'll have Lollapalooza next moth, better buy a NBC suit. LOL

I wish something like that existed here in Brazil
81uv0LyLCtL._AC_SX425_.jpg

To the hell with the preper food we got cheese bread bucket.

535f2bfeb500ec53bc928daebfaf9e88

Last edited:
edit: Gp1 Gp1 yeah they already updated for Brazil since that post

South Korea's next batch of numbers should be a concerning sign to how things will go from here

Last edited:
This is the most unexpected news from an Islamic country

very interesting, I was expecting a horror show after Friday prayers.
They pray 5 times per day at Masjid anyway but Fridays are always packed

But if they skip prayers, God will EXTRA smite them!

It is Korean Air unless a country blocks them this should be expected
I think you'll be fine the good news is the lines for check in will be shorter now

Frankly them still flying is astoundingly bad. Time to bring a ton of hand sanitizer and update my will.

But if they skip prayers, God will EXTRA smite them!

Frankly them still flying is astoundingly bad. Time to bring a ton of hand sanitizer and update my will.

Still shocked they had an official government call to cancel prayers considering the Masjids are built with virus proofing materials
We shall see Friday how it turns out

South Korea great at numbers, great at testing, really stupid at still travelling to any airport that does not have a ban on them

jts

...hate me...
Someone is going to make a killing selling swimming goggles
That's actually a cool idea for a makeshift protection if there's no access to a full face mask or if they are in short supply. N95 respirator + swimming goggles.

Interesting times ahead when people get used to the idea of walking around like that......

Actually, can't that be one of the endgame scenarios? Everyone just walks around in full face protection. And once in a while you notice someone not wearing it and go like OH NO A NAKED FACE DON'T LOOK THAT WAY SON THAT PERSON IS ALREADY LOST.

Upside is that most of the new cases are getting reported hopefully, downside is cases are getting reported.

I have to imagine there is a decent number of people walking around who don't know they have it, or think it's a normal cold.

Study: Clinical characteristics of 50466 patients with 2019-nCoV infection via medRxiv. "Case fatality rate of patients with 2019-nCoV infection was 4.3%"

GM: 200 traveling through Atlanta airport showed possible coronavirus symptoms

ATLANTA - Two hundred travelers coming through Atlanta's airport showed potential symptoms connected to the new virus that is spreading around the globe and were designated for home quarantine.

bitbydeath

Real rate is closer to 2% and it specifically dunks on old people. Even if millions die, it won't be millions that matter in terms of consumption and workforce. Sorry old people.

If it never goes away then we could be living in a Children of the Corn scenario. Better start building those corn fields.

timeflais

Banned
Have no fear over Coronavirus.
Attempts to distract and cause fear.
The closing of major travel routes allow for law enforcement to move swiftly.
what is REALLY happening right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom