• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

Which leads to the important question - do we just lock down forever? In reality of course they're focusing on antibodies and that's been known for a good while, but it's T-cells that matter.

Indeed. These reports on anti-bodies had little mention of memory T-cells.

Dear reporter. Do you even know how anti-bodies are made within the human body?

Fucking idiots. Their intent to scare the nation at every opportunity is transparent and gross.

Marginally.

Thanks for digging up a 7+ month old post. I've admitted that I was low on death toll expectations (though even that is done under some degree of protest because of how many people were killed by medical error or politician error rather than just the virus alone, and other issues with counting, reporting, etc).

But I was 100% right about the power hungry tyrants, the dishonest media, the collateral damage, and everything else from that angle.

I'd bookmarked it and forgot about it and was cleaning them out, and thought it was funny.

I did come around to it not being as big a deal once we started getting confirmed ages of the deaths, and almost all of them were olds with issue.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Let me present this totally plausible prediction of the UK second wave from science professionals

34927496-8886519-image-a-21_1603843240349.jpg

Last edited:

pel1300

It’s weird linking this channel here, but this is Mike Chen, the guy with the food YouTube channels. He went to South Korea just to get away for a while, and anyway he details some of the procedures they do there to control COVID. He had to stay in a facility quarantined for 14 days before he could go into the country and they bring him 3 meals a day which didn’t look all that bad actually in terms of quality. He said if he opens his door for anything other than to retrieve his meals, it sets off an alarm.

The one thing that stood out to me though was he said that everyone he sees is wearing masks, like everyone. And while I do sympathize with those who feel the mask stuff all the time can be annoying and oppressive at times, one of the things I respect about Asian culture is they are so humble and obedient. They all wear masks, no complaining, no riots, no protests.

It did cause me to rethink some things a bit knowing apparently how everyone there kinda sticks together and doesn’t complain and just goes about life compared to western nations.

That food is basically 7-11 type convenient store instant meals. Kind of stuff you buy when you hate instant ramen but want something more affordable.

Korea's success unfortunately means they have put themselves in a situation where they can never truly ease restrictions because it makes them look bad to the rest of the world. And that sucks for them if a safe vaccine does not arrive in the near future..

They are doing the whole ease restrictions, wait for a tiny spike then panic and tighten restrictions, rinse repeat..while everyone wears a mask even outside while exercising. Seriously I see many Koreans exercising in parks while wearing masks. Or lifting weights while wearing masks. And the level of fear there isn't much better than anywhere else - in fact in some ways it's worse - many of them are still living like it is late March.

In Taiwan it's a lot better. Virus is pretty much gone so oftentimes Taiwanese don't even wear masks and go clubbing.

Can't wait for Thailand to open up. I bet Thailand has so many undetected cases and deaths from corona. Tourism too important for them and I was there in January through February - they were not taking this virus seriously LOL. My Thai friend, a young girl, months back posted a video of people in Khao San Road clubbing indoors dancing together with no masks. In a country with just a few thousand total cases and 59 dead people. Right..

Cycom

Banned
Having daydreams about a just world with people hanging from lampposts is what I picture your avatar saying is all.
Not a daydream. In our world, people like those I mentioned destroy society and ruin the lives of their constituents. Hanging from lampposts is too merciful a fate for tyrants.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not a daydream. In our world, people like those I mentioned destroy society and ruin the lives of their constituents. Hanging from lampposts is too merciful a fate for tyrants.

Nah Newsom is just getting recalled. If he mucks it up by playing games with the sigs, he’ll be voted out.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Been wearing a mask since March. Don’t go anywhere without one. Have flu like symptoms today. Don’t know if it’s COVID or just a normal cold yet.

Cycom

Banned
The majority of people choose to insulate themselves in their comfortable little bubbles, safe from the harsh realities of the truth, but sooner or later there will come a breaking point for a large enough segment of the population...

Badass protests. Unfortunately, large segments of the population in the U.S. are zombies who have been wearing masks since March and don’t go anywhere without one.

Joe T.

Badass protests. Unfortunately, large segments of the population in the U.S. are zombies who have been wearing masks since March and don’t go anywhere without one.

It's the same way here, people have been waking up at a rather slow pace. Google/Youtube and Facebook stepped in to cut off a few of the social media accounts used to keep everyone connected, some I still tune into are walking on eggshells. This is no longer a free society.

Something that most people aren't aware of and is undoubtedly contributing to this mess:

Google today is not only a weapon for promoting the pharmaceutical agenda but now also a drug company itself. During the past six years, Google’s parent company Alphabet has launched two pharmaceutical companies. In 2013, it founded Calico, run by Genentech’s former CEO Arthur Levinson. Calico operates an R&D facility in the San Francisco Bay Area for the discovery of treatments associated with age-related diseases. Two years later, Alphabet founded Verily Life Sciences (previously Google Life Sciences). Both pharma companies are partnering with other drug corporations. Recently, Verily has partnered with the European pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline to form a new drug company, Galvani Bioelectronics for the development of “bioelectronic medicines.” The collaboration is costing the companies $715 million, and the new firm is being chaired by Glaxo’s former chairman of its global vaccines business.

In addition, Google’s president of Customer Solutions Mary Ellen Coe now sits on Merck’s Board of Directors. Merck is one of the world’s “Big Four” vaccine manufacturers. Pharmaceutical companies have realized the need to co-opt social media platforms as well as the world’s most powerful search engine – Google.

This strategy, laid out 6 years ago, has picked up steam whereby now companies such as Google and Facebook have been absorbed into the pharmaceutical machinery. The dire results from this marriage already being felt as Wikipedia and other virtual social media have become just another mouthpiece for Big Pharma.

FireFly

And the above was brought to you by the same clowns who brought you this preduction (vs reality)

Cretins.

Whitty explicitly stated it wasn't a prediction, but a projection of what case numbers would look like if the doubling time remained at 7 days.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

But it was wrong, wasn't it?

Where is the thinking and logic behind the new graph prediction?

Where is the model and how reliable is it?

Saruhashi

Banned
Been wearing a mask since March. Don’t go anywhere without one. Have flu like symptoms today. Don’t know if it’s COVID or just a normal cold yet.

Dude, the point of the masks is to stop infected people from spreading the virus around. You personally wearing a mask is protection for others from you, it's not protecting you.

You'll be fine. Just take care and look after yourself.

Saruhashi

Banned
Well the third wave is upon us in the United States. And thanks to science deniers, anti-maskers, and the like, it's worse than the second wave.

The US has reached a new record high in the number of daily COVID-19 infections, surpassing the peak in mid July during the second wave. As of Oct. 24 there was a weekly average of 23.0 infections per 100,000 residents, up from 20.5 on July 19 and ticking rapidly upward. The country also set a new single-day record on Oct. 23 with 83,757 new cases.

There have been clear signs for weeks of a third wave in the U.S. as the weather grew colder and the virus migrated from metropolitan cities to rural settings.

Things aren't going to get any better so long as Trump is in office and continues to do everything in his power to make things worse, while many Republican state leaders follow his example. Man I hope the pollsters are right this year and Biden wins, and I hope the Democrats regain the Senate and gain some ground at the local level in many red states. Because I am over it. We need rational, competent people running the government again.

Hm.

I think it's interesting that we hold the US up as a country that is doing a horrendously bad job of dealing with the virus.

So the USA is the worst of the worst?

Yet they've had just over 9 million cases since the first case was confirmed on January 20th.

So in a period of 9 months of doing the absolute worst in terms of dealing with the virus it has only infected 2.75% of the population.

Even then the logarithmic graph of total cases over time shows a steep incline only from February through April before the curve was flattened significantly.

Again this is the WORST nation we are talking about here.

Regarding deaths you are looking at a flattening of the curve in early May.

Of the 9 million cases there are 232k deaths which is 2.58%.

This means that since January 0.07% of the US population have died WITH Covid though not all would have died ONLY because of Covid.

This is the country we hold up as being the worst at dealing with this.

Doesn't it seem like the reaction is over the top if this is being looked at as a worst case scenario?

FireFly

But it was wrong, wasn't it?

Where is the thinking and logic behind the new graph prediction?

Where is the model and how reliable is it?
It's just an extrapolation of exponential growth, if the doubling time remained at 7 days. The rate at which incidence of the virus actually doubles depends on the transmission rate of the virus, and the proportion of the population who is susceptible. At the beginning of an outbreak, nearly all of the population is susceptible, so the doubling time depends mainly on the natural transmission rate of the virus (R0) and any attempts to mitigate it in the population.

This is based on the SIR model. There is a nice page of interactive simulations, where you can change various factors here: https://meltingasphalt.com/interactive/outbreak/, also:

I take Whitty's claim to be saying that if the UK was to do nothing further, and simply allow the virus to spread, so the transmission rate remained unchanged, the figures could be in line with his graph. That's not a model of what will happen since of course the transmission rate is going to change over time. It's more providing a baseline for the worst case scenario.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Hm.

I think it's interesting that we hold the US up as a country that is doing a horrendously bad job of dealing with the virus.

So the USA is the worst of the worst?

Yet they've had just over 9 million cases since the first case was confirmed on January 20th.

So in a period of 9 months of doing the absolute worst in terms of dealing with the virus it has only infected 2.75% of the population.

Even then the logarithmic graph of total cases over time shows a steep incline only from February through April before the curve was flattened significantly.

Again this is the WORST nation we are talking about here.

Regarding deaths you are looking at a flattening of the curve in early May.

Of the 9 million cases there are 232k deaths which is 2.58%.

This means that since January 0.07% of the US population have died WITH Covid though not all would have died ONLY because of Covid.

This is the country we hold up as being the worst at dealing with this.

Doesn't it seem like the reaction is over the top if this is being looked at as a worst case scenario?

Well we have had far more than 9 million cases. More like 75-120 million.

The US is being held up as the worst because of a media that is trying to tank the country so Donald Trump loses the election. Any objective look at the events of 2020 would show the US' handling of rona wasn't markedly different from the rest of the west save Sweden; it was a disaster all around and it guaranteed a reckoning that would be far worse than a mild flu like virus could bring (we are beginning to see that with the rise in cancer deaths, opioid overdoses, etc. that are outpacing even the fake ginned up covid death totals). Point is, we all did it the way Bill Gates wanted, because he's basically funded the entire industry and has lackeys and shills in every country (here his head man is Fauci, but in Europe it would be different obviously).

The media based this on the case counts coming from Europe, claiming it was a solved problem there, but I and others said it was just a different timeline; it would be back in Europe and we are seeing that now, because it is a contagious virus and Europe's totals are exceeding ours. But the point is that the media's goal here is not to discuss a contagious virus, but to defeat Donald Trump, and hanging this on him was the best way to do it. We will see if it pays off.

Last edited:

sinnergy

What lockdowns? I’m in the US. I was just at the gym this morning and out for dinner yesterday.
Just wait for it ! 😆 Virus a little organism will get you on your knees, praying or crying , it doesn’t care .

it has only one goal, spread the love.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Just wait for it ! 😆 Virus a little organism will get you on your knees, praying or crying , it doesn’t care .

trump-dance-thumb.focal-760x428.jpg

New 4 four weeks lockdown in France!!
Unbelievable.

The four weeks is a lie, everyone needs to understand that. They pulled the same stunt here in Quebec and extended it another four weeks when it ended, it's simply a sleazy attempt to keep the public pacified with the idea that if they comply things will improve. Except hospitalizations and deaths always go up this time of year, it's baked into the cake, and they'll sell that to you as covid cases/deaths. This is a giant scam.

When challenged with the fact that the WHO changed its view on lock downs, the government here simply danced around the question by claiming "this isn't a lockdown, it's nothing like what we had in spring" yet all the mainstream outlets pushing the government's narrative openly refer to it as such. Funny how that works. I'm not sure about France, but over here they won't provide any criteria for re-opening gyms, bars, restaurants, etc or any of the information they're using to make their decisions either.

"Democracy dies in darkness" and there's a whole lot of that darkness originating from many of our governments right now.

diffusionx

Gold Member

trump-dance-thumb.focal-760x428.jpg

The four weeks is a lie, everyone needs to understand that. They pulled the same stunt here in Quebec and extended it another four weeks when it ended, it's simply a sleazy attempt to keep the public pacified with the idea that if they comply things will improve. Except hospitalizations and deaths always go up this time of year, it's baked into the cake, and they'll sell that to you as covid cases/deaths. This is a giant scam.

When challenged with the fact that the WHO changed its view on lock downs, the government here simply danced around the question by claiming "this isn't a lockdown, it's nothing like what we had in spring" yet all the mainstream outlets pushing the government's narrative openly refer to it as such. Funny how that works. I'm not sure about France, but over here they won't provide any criteria for re-opening gyms, bars, restaurants, etc or any of the information they're using to make their decisions either.

"Democracy dies in darkness" and there's a whole lot of that darkness originating from many of our governments right now.

Right - this is something else I said long ago, not to toot my own horn. Living in New York, I saw the government getting full compliance on all their orders yet still keeping everything shut down indefinitely and up to the whims of the governor. It was not until a series of lawsuits began being filed that he started "allowing" places to open up, which says that keeping them closed is likely something he does not have the authority to do and is not driven by drastic public health state of emergency needs.

The government is NOT going to give these newfound powers back voluntarily. That is a fact. All this stuff "just do what we say and you'll get your society back" stuff is a LIE. Hell they're not even saying it as much anymore, now they're pushing this "great reset" and "you just have to accept the new normal" sort of thing, really hellish Ministry of Love stuff, but as always they can find lots of people who support them. We are living under a brutal dictatorship now, supposedly because of a virus that is so dangerous that half of people who get sick with it don't even realize it.

Last edited:
Germ Theory: The Lynchpin Holding the Entire Hoax Together There’s no such thing as a contagious “virus.” Unbelievable? Shocking? Yes, it is. Here are quotations from doctors, authors and experts that refute Louis Pasteur’s fraudulent “germ theory.
” This is the lynchpin issue that holds this entire planned-demic together. When you disprove the theory that so-called viruses can be transmitted through the air from one person to another, the entire house of cards falls to the ground: “The entire fabric of the germ theory of disease rests upon assumptions which not only have not been proved, but which are incapable of proof, and many of them can be proved to be the reverse of truth. The basic one of the unproven assumptions, wholly due to Pasteur, is the hypothesis that all the so-called infections and contagious disorders are caused by germs.” — M.L. Leverson, M.D.

“… Viruses are simply the excretions of a toxic cell. Viruses are pieces of DNA or RNA, with a few other proteins. They butt out from the cell. They happen when the cell is poisoned. They are not the cause of anything.” — Dr. Thomas Cowan, M.D., commenting on Rudolf Steiner’s insights “We said before that so-called ‘germs’ are ubiquitous. They are ever present, in many varying forms in both healthy and sick people. These microbes kick into what modern scientists call ‘pathogens,’ when the media is toxic and conducive to clean up. When you enter into a healing crisis, and your body is throwing off toxins, these ‘germs’ appear out of your very substance, to help eliminate, process and break down these toxins. Germs have absolutely no causal relationship to disease. But germs do appear to help you clean out, because put quite simply, your disease is your cure!” — Dr. William P. Trebing, author of “Good-Bye Germ Theory,” page 154 “If the Germ Theory were true, no one would be alive to believe it.” — B.J. Palmer, D.C.

“Three criteria are, according to the scientific method needed to properly identify a virus. It must be isolated from a host cell. As of 2016 this has never been accomplished in humans. It must be photographed and it’s diameter measured. As of 2016 this has never been accomplished in humans. It must be biochemically characterized. As of 2016 this has never been accomplished in humans. This has never been done with any virus (herpes, hepatitis, h1n1, bird flu, swine flu, influenza, polio, measles) let alone HIV, HPV, SARS, Zika or Ebola.” — Viruses. How Much is that Dogma in the Window?, New Medicine Online

“We agree with those members of the profession who hold that no germ causes tuberculosis. Germs do not cause any disease. Further, we agree that there is more harm in the fear of germs than there is in the germs themselves.” — Simon Louis Katzoff, M.D., author of Timely Truths on Human Health, 1921

“Germs seek their natural habitat: diseased tissue, rather than being the cause of diseased tissue.” Rudolf Virchow “The general public have been told that we do not become ill except when germs penetrate into from without. The germ theory of disease is ridiculous.” — E. Douglas Hume, author of Bechamp or Pasteur, A Lost Chapter in the History of Biology “Medical doctors are working on the germ theory of disease… But the germ theory is already weakening and is due for being thrown aside. Dr. Fraser of Canada and Dr. Powell of California have experimented with billions of germs of all varieties, but they have been unable to produce a single disease by the introduction of germs into human subjects. Dr. Waite tried for years to prove the germ theory, but he could not do so. During the World War an experiment was conducted at Gallop’s Island Massachusetts, in which millions of influenza germs were injected into over one hundred men at the Government hospital, and no one got the flu. Germs are scavengers.” — Principles and Practice of Naturopathy, E.W. Cordingley, M.D., N.D., A.M.

“You’re working under a wrong premise to begin with and you’re never going to find the answer if you do that. Viruses have no nucleus. There’s no respiratory system. There’s no circulatory system. There’s no digestive system. Viruses are not alive. That’s like saying soap is alive. They’re not alive. They are solvents. They are soaps. However, more accurately, they are enzymes to fractionate tissue for waste elimination.” — Aajonus Vonderplanitz

“We must infer that at least some and probably all three of those Russian peasants died because of Pasteur’s vaccine, as did uncounted people later on… Only one thing is sure: ever since Pasteur developed his “vaccine,” the cases of death from rabies have increased, not diminished.” — Hans Ruesch, animal rights activist and pioneer of the anti-vivisection movement “Had it not been for the mass selling of vaccines, Pasteur’s germ theory of disease would have collapsed into obscurity.” — E. Douglas Hume, author of Bechamp or Pasteur, A Lost Chapter in the History of Biology “The culprit however, is not the microbe. It is the level of toxicity you have in your own blood stream.” — Good-Bye Germ Theory, Dr. William P. Trebing, 2006

“We must look rationally at the bacterial issue. Consider the fact that many tribes ate primarily unsalted raw meat, unsalted raw fats and/or unsalted raw dairy products from the beginning. They did not wash their hands or sterilize their food before eating. Every form of natural bacteria, including salmonella, E. coli and campylobacter were eaten with their food abundantly and constantly. Why were they vibrant, healthy and disease free if microbes are the culprits?” — Aajonus Vonderplanitz, The Recipe for Living Without Disease

Source: https://dogperday.com/coronavirus-pandemic-biggest-lie-in-human-history/?fbclid=IwAR1BNsDNX3J2E8ahFKjt8z9fGWCuzOhsgQsbfrMxm3ooqj3NL6DME20jmoU

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution” ― Aldous Huxley

Jezbollah

Indeed. These reports on anti-bodies had little mention of memory T-cells.

Dear reporter. Do you even know how anti-bodies are made within the human body?

Fucking idiots. Their intent to scare the nation at every opportunity is transparent and gross.

Update:

Dr Campbell has made the same point and rubbished this based on memory t-cells that last 17+ years.

Chittagong

Gold Member
34973556-0-image-a-4_1603923130951.jpg

Fewer than 20 people aged under 40 have died with coronavirus since the second wave began.

The latest NHS update published yesterday showed that just one person under the age of 20, and another 13 under 40, have died with coronavirus in English hospitals since the start of September.

carlosrox

Banned

Fuckin' owned. Love seeing videos like this.

What a fucking SHAM.

I remember seeing one similar to it MONTHS ago at a Hospital that was supposedly "a Warzone" yet people were just fucking dicking around outside, taking photos and videos, etc.

My parents live very close to a COVID-19 circle jerk test center and guess what, looks about as empty as you'd expect EVERY TIME you pass by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom