• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosrox

Banned
Oh yes, COVID19 is totally fake, a hoax, a manmade virus to inject us all with microchips. All these corona-deaths I'm witnessing first-hand as a doctor are fake as well. All a globalist plot to make the frogs gay and keep people on welfare.

So, so many people think something fishy is going on just for fun?

Or are they just idiots, flat earthers, science deniers, Trump supporters, and that's it?

Even the scientists and intelligent among us who think something is up are science deniers. Scientists being science deniers. People who hate Trump are Trump supporters. Flat earthers lol. How desperate can you get. Science deniers lol. Yep, all these people from all walks of life must deny gravity and temperature as well.

Makes so much sense.

And no, the government, military, and biiiiig corporations and politicians NEVER do anything wrong. That's why the entire world cared (or pretended to care) about George Floyd and burned the world down over CORRUPTION, a scandal that could have been a cover-up if not caught on vid by chance, but suddenly there CAN'T be a COVID scandal! Noooooo way! Scandals and lies don't happen! But we just made an international deal about ONE! WTF!!!!!!!!!

Everyone loves Government health officials and trusts them but the biggest government official of all is hated and called lying scum. I'm talking about the President by the way (and every President cept maybe a few are hated) along with politicians everyone hates have been caught lying, violating their own rules, doing illegal things, etc. Once someone is a liar, how am I supposed to believe what they say? Politicians, Government Officials, Lawyers, Businessmen. We all know how honest they all are!

Guess noone remembers The Boy Who Cried Wolf these days.

So if we all know the biggest politicians is crooked and a liar, then why are the ones you fans of perfectly honest ANGELS who would never lie, bullshit, etc?

Do you realize it doesn't make any fucking sense?

Demonize one politician, but raise another one up.
Uh huh.

Once you establish one can be crooked, they can all be crooked.

Fuck is so hard to understand about that?

Do scandals and war crimes suddenly not exist when it comes to one topic?

No, this entire COVID chapter of humanity is totally squeaky clean guys! 👌

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Hey guys how hilarious, we think the Government may be involved in a scandal.

So many people think something is up just for the lulz.

Bet people thought it was hilarious when they thought other scandals were going on in the past. They didn't even really believe it, it was just for the lulz.

People think something is WRONG,

FOR FUN. Not cuz they really believe it. Just making it up lolz!

Makes so much sense.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
People: I hate the President of the United States. He's a liar.

Same people: Trust your government.

Yup, the logic checks out. Fuck off.

Fuck outta here.

Last edited:

bigsnack

He’s pretty much healthy, but has coeliacs disease. Fingers crossed it won’t hit him hard.

I’m a little overweight and have had a bad chest recently, aged 39 but fingers crossed! Thanks both.

If he has celiacs then he’s probably avoiding a lot of shitty inflammatory foods already. I’m hoping that bodes even better for him!

sinnergy

Its pretty bad. Its going to push the limits of the healthcare systems for a while. Where we really really fucked up was the lockdowns in the spring/summer. That was idiotic. The 2 weeks was fair because we didn't know what was coming. But the virus wasn't really very widespread then. Had we not done ridiculously long lockdowns last summer when they were not necessary in most places, people and the economy would be in a much better place to tolerate lockdowns now.

As it stands, we cannot lockdown fully again for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure if will be necessary most places, but things are definitely escalating. It just depends how much worse it gets before it peaks.
That’s what you get because of not doing a 8 - 12 weeks total lock down . If you let it fester this virus will wreak havoc on your healthcare system.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Oh yes, COVID19 is totally fake, a hoax, a manmade virus to inject us all with microchips. All these corona-deaths I'm witnessing first-hand as a doctor are fake as well. All a globalist plot to make the frogs gay and keep people on welfare.

For a doctor, you are pretty dumb.

Instead of "hoax" maybe ask yourself if "opportunity" is a better word.

Then ask yourself if you really truly believe that certain interests would never ever ever see a crisis as an opportunity.

Even with the numbers in somewhere like the USA "all these corona deaths" you are seeing can't be that many compared to all the deaths you've seen from cardiovascular disease and cancer etc.

As a percentage only about 3% of the country has tested positive? 99% of those positive cases were not fatal?

Even you can't resist doing it. Using your position and your little anecdotes as an opportunity to influence how people thing about the virus.

Tell me, doc, are you this preachy regarding obesity?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Death update

ZGxuF9q.jpg

For a doctor, you are pretty dumb.

Tell me, doc, are you this preachy regarding obesity?
Sure, companies and corporate entities will always look for an opportunity, it's in their blood. That doesn't make COVID19 any less real. And yes, I am "preachy" regarding obesity. I'm a health professional so we have an obligation to improve upon health by also being "preachy" about preventable diseases caused by obesity. And your comparison so inanely stupid I feel obliged to explain why:

Anyone (with or without pre-existing conditions) can catch COVID19 and can be hospitalized or even worse, die. My patients or I don't have a say in who catches COVID19 and our means of preventing COVID19 are very limited. Obesity is a longterm process that is also reversible through lifestyle changes, exercise and mental support. Many personal choices play a choice in obesity.

Do I really have to explain the basics of a worldwide INFECTIOUS pandemic versus a longterm pre-existing condition? This forum really is stupid. The sad part is that the first hundred pages of this very thread was filled with sane people with sane comments. Now it is all mass-conspiracy bullshit you'd expect from a 16-year old pothead.

Saruhashi

Banned
Sure, companies and corporate entities will always look for an opportunity, it's in their blood. That doesn't make COVID19 any less real. And yes, I am "preachy" regarding obesity. I'm a health professional so we have an obligation to improve upon health by also being "preachy" about preventable diseases caused by obesity. And your comparison so inanely stupid I feel obliged to explain why:

Anyone (with or without pre-existing conditions) can catch COVID19 and can be hospitalized or even worse, die. My patients or I don't have a say in who catches COVID19 and our means of preventing COVID19 are very limited. Obesity is a longterm process that is also reversible through lifestyle changes, exercise and mental support. Many personal choices play a choice in obesity.

Do I really have to explain the basics of a worldwide INFECTIOUS pandemic versus a longterm pre-existing condition? This forum really is stupid. The sad part is that the first hundred pages of this very thread was filled with sane people with sane comments. Now it is all mass-conspiracy bullshit you'd expect from a 16-year old pothead.

Cool. I'm sure you won't mind pointing out which posters are claiming that "the virus isn't real".

Then we can see if they deny it or if they genuinely believe Covid is fake.

My feeling is that the majority are saying that other interests are seeing the virus as an opportunity and are actively taking advantage of the situation. You seem to agree with that part so not sure why you are on the attack.

Who here is saying that Covid 19, the virus, etc is "not real"? Let's throw some names around. I don't even think mad lads like Alex Jones are even claiming that the virus doesn't exist.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I love how the OT thread for COVID-19 has basically become the “It’s just the flu, bruh” thread now.

I don't think too many are saying it's just flu - it's clearly a disease that can cause a lot of deaths. What it is not is the world-ending apocalyptic nightmare presented to us in the early days, from which government planning has failed to diverge. As such, most of us are fed up with the overreaction and worried about the rapid erosion of freedom.

Saruhashi

Banned
People: I hate the President of the United States. He's a liar.

Same people: Trust your government.

Yup, the logic checks out. Fuck off.

Fuck outta here.

It's crazy because anyone with any knowledge of history should know that governments and rulers will often act in a way that pushes agendas and goals that are not good for the public. Sometimes creating severe long term damage upon the people.

I'm coming to the conclusion that some people just trust their superiors so completely that no pushback can ever be tolerated.

They screech about science "denial" as if scientists always agree with each other all the time. As if history is not littered with examples of dreadful mistakes and atrocities based on the understanding of science at the time.

Sorry. What am I on about? Science is and always has been 100% unassailable truth with no internal debates and disagreements.

There's a certain kind of person who doesn't really care about personal freedoms because they are more interested in controlling others. I feel like they are somehow living vicariously through the government at a time like this. Enjoying the fact that people are losing their social lives etc.

They'll be loving it if the vaccines are mandatory. Watch it happen.

I don't think too many are saying it's just flu - it's clearly a disease that can cause a lot of deaths. What it is not is the world-ending apocalyptic nightmare presented to us in the early days, from which government planning has failed to diverge. As such, most of us are fed up with the overreaction and worried about the rapid erosion of freedom.

No, we now have a world-ending conspiracy nightmare being presented.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
It was a joke.

But also, a comment about how we have a thread for skeptics. But this now has become the thread for skeptics.

Except that is exactly the sentiment portrayed here. It's just a 'bad flu'. Except I haven't seen a single flu strain kill 1.4 million people all year long. A bad flu season at most kills 500k worldwide according to the WHO. And it's also fucking wrong in the biomedical sense, the Influenza virus belongs to a whole different category than the coronavirusses. I don't see influenza cause lung scarring, blood clots, damage to the diaphragm, longterm fatigue, longterm shortness of breath etc. etc.

Influenza and many other rhinovirusses that cause flu-like symptoms, don't affect people to this degree both physically and mentally. A lot of people that recover also complain about brain fog and loss of cognitive function alongside the physical fatigue. Anyone still comparing this to the 'flu' should shut the fuck up and let the doctors and scientists do the talking.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Welp, I tested positive yesterday. I've had a slight headache and stuffy nose since Monday. Figured it was allergies until yesterday, when I totally lost my sense of smell. Haven't had a high temperature. Smell is starting to come back today and the headache is barely there, but now my throat is pretty sore. Called my HR department and told them everyone I have come into contact with. Now have 14 paid days off, so guess I'll dig into AC:V.

Saruhashi

Banned
It was a joke.

But also, a comment about how we have a thread for skeptics. But this now has become the thread for skeptics.

I think the problem is that the mainstream narrative is full on doom and gloom.

So any attempt to look deeper into the data is framed as "skepticism".

Any attempt to question aspects of the media sensationalism is also seen as conspiracy territory.

Lockdowns and mask mandates are, by their very definition, taking away personal freedoms. It's being done in ways we've just never seen in recent times.

We need to really consider that.

A year ago the idea that the government would force people to stay indoors, to not gather and to cover their faces would be the dark fantasy of the "Trump is Hitler" crowd.

Today its those same people having no problem with it because your personal freedom is really insignificant compared to the greater good. Now, that may be true.

We all have a responsibility though to question. To raise issues and to keep on raising them. If this is really a situation where we are going as far as to give up our freedoms then that must be questioned on every level.

We can't just say "don't question anything, just do what you're told."

Hulk_Smash

Banned

Any attempt to question aspects of the media sensationalism is also seen as conspiracy territory.

Lockdowns and mask mandates are, by their very definition, taking away personal freedoms. It's being done in ways we've just never seen in recent times.

A year ago the idea that the government would force people to stay indoors, to not gather and to cover their faces would be the dark fantasy of the "Trump is Hitler" crowd.

Today its those same people having no problem with it because your personal freedom is really insignificant compared to the greater good. Now, that may be true.

We all have a responsibility though to question. To raise issues and to keep on raising them. If this is really a situation where we are going as far as to give up our freedoms then that must be questioned on every level.

“It’s just a joke, bruh”.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Some CA Sheriffs aren't going to waste time enforcing Newsom's latest stupidity:

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is aware of the new Limited Stay at Home Order issued by the Governor set to go into effect on Saturday at 10:00pm.

It is very important that all of us do everything we can to protect ourselves from contracting or spreading this virus. The only way to ensure you do not contract the virus is to stay at home and avoid contact with others. For those going out into public, it is very important to protect yourself from contracting and/or spreading the virus by wearing a mask and social distancing.

It has been the policy of the Sheriff’s Department to encourage responsible behavior and compliance with the Governor’s orders. To ensure constitutional rights are not violated and to limit potential negative interactions and exposure to our deputies, we will not be responding to calls for service based solely on non-compliance with the new order or social distancing and mask guidelines.

I would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving holiday.

Sheriff Chad Bianco

Except that is exactly the sentiment portrayed here. It's just a 'bad flu'. Except I haven't seen a single flu strain kill 1.4 million people all year long. A bad flu season at most kills 500k worldwide according to the WHO. And it's also fucking wrong in the biomedical sense, the Influenza virus belongs to a whole different category than the coronavirusses. I don't see influenza cause lung scarring, blood clots, damage to the diaphragm, longterm fatigue, longterm shortness of breath etc. etc.

Influenza and many other rhinovirusses that cause flu-like symptoms, don't affect people to this degree both physically and mentally. A lot of people that recover also complain about brain fog and loss of cognitive function alongside the physical fatigue. Anyone still comparing this to the 'flu' should shut the fuck up and let the doctors and scientists do the talking.
First of all, you being a doctor doesn’t mean shit to me. What’s your speciality? Lots of doctors are complete jackasses both in general and with regards to covid. So “letting doctors do the talking” will get you about a thousand different answers. Since you are actually a doctor with any experience, you’ll already know that.

Second, influenza does have long term effects. Now the prevalence may be higher with covid, we don’t really know. But the flu can cause pulmonary fibrosis (or lung scarring, as you put it), which will increase long term shortness of breath. It can cause myocarditis. It increases risk of strokes due to clotting. Now the prevalence of these complications is fairly low with the flu. Perhaps it is much of higher with covid. We really don’t know. Many of the people reporting “long term fatigue” already suffer from things like chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia... so until we determine the actual biological reason why someone might be struggling with long term consequences from covid, it’s probably smart, as a medical professional, to keep from making broad, alarmist statements like you are here.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

I think you're misunderstanding people's objections, taking things too literally in some places. I'll address point by point.

1. So you're saying it's 3x a bad flu. At what point between 0.5m and 1.5m do we shut down economies, bankrupt our governments and destroy the employment prospects of a generation? Is it 1m? 0.6m? If we get a really bad flu do we now shutdown because a precedent is set (which I fear will be the case)? What about the fact that many deaths are not necessarily caused by COVID, merely deaths WITH COVID? We just don't know the proper numbers because for instance in America hospitals get cash for COVID deaths. The US overcounts, China undoubtedly undercounts, and the rest of the world does whatever the fuck it does. Because it's become so politicised the data has become polluted.
2. People are comparing vs flu because flu kills a large number of people across a broader age spectrum and goes around every year without us locking everything down. As above - where do you put the red line over which we must lock down?
3. Different diseases cause different problems. What percentage of sufferers of COVID actually get lung scarring, blood clots etc? The media likes to play it up but I've seen a tiny number. I suspect it's like the tiny number of people getting reinfected - ie an individual matter of weakness of immune system or similar rather than indication of something wider.
4. What studies can you point to that the prevalence of post-viral fatigue is greater in COVID than many other viruses?
5. Which doctors and scientists get to talk? Do the ones who disagree with you get to talk? It's funny how a certain kind of person likes to tell others to shut the fuck up, and it's funny how you act as if there's universal consensus. Science doesn't work that way. If you don't know that you're not a doctor.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Many of the people reporting “long term fatigue” already suffer from things like chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia...

It's also worth noting that the apocalyptic coverage must surely be contributing on some level to psychosomatic 'symptoms'. My wife is a lawyer (defending doctors) and there are a truly impressive number of mad people out there who will make all manner of ridiculous claims about routine procedures - some of them plainly impossible, a lot of random pain and tiredness which have the benefit of being really fucking hard to prove or disprove in order to get compensation. Given that mad people have long been doing that, and given the current environment, there must be some percentage of chancers and mad people (and let's be honest, fibromyalgia is usually the latter).

How are all you people in the US able to post ? All your companies apparently have been bankrupted by the lockdown which would include your internet provider and power company. Are you all foraging and hunting for food as all farms and supermarkets are now closed ?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
How are all you people in the US able to post ? All your companies apparently have been bankrupted by the lockdown which would include your internet provider and power company. Are you all foraging and hunting for food as all farms and supermarkets are now closed ?

Are you actually retarded? Big companies are doing just fine. Small ones are fucked. Small shops, restaurants, etc. Most things that aren't fucked are likely not fucked because the government's giving them money. Honestly - you thought THIS was your gotcha moment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saruhashi

Banned

I was just thinking that the other day.

Its amazing how no businesses have closed at all because of the pandemic.

Its baffling how nodody has lost their job. Everyone is just as the were in February. Amazing.

Theres definitely no way way that losing money day after day after day will eventually cause bigger business to have problems.

Noooooope. That couldn't happen.

Definitely no negative economic consequences from all of this. Nope.

Saruhashi

Banned
Are you actually retarded? Big companies are doing just fine. Small ones are fucked. Small shops, restaurants, etc. Most things that aren't fucked are likely not fucked because the government's giving them money. Honestly - you thought THIS was your gotcha moment?

The best bit is you can imagine them sitting there thinking this is the knockout blow.

LOL. No wonder so many of these dipshits want Universal Basic Income. They need it because they literally don't know how to manage themselves financially.

Imagine you have 100k bucks saved.
Then a situation arises that will cost you an extra 10k per month on top of everything else. Maybe a revenue stream dried up, whatever.

Now a smart person gets concerned and thinks "shit, in 10 months my saved 100k will be gone, then I dunno what I'll do.". It might cause some sleepless nights or a complete change in how you live.

Nah. Here comes this fucking moron in month two. "LOL you still have 80k idiot! Think of all the things you could buy with that 80k".

Brilliant.

You know you are fucked when lads don't even seem to understand the concept of linear time.

Yes you are losing money every day and you'll lose even more tomorrow but you're still in business TODAY. So it's all fine, yeah?

The best bit is you can imagine them sitting there thinking this is the knockout blow.

LOL. No wonder so many of these dipshits want Universal Basic Income. They need it because they literally don't know how to manage themselves financially.

Imagine you have 100k bucks saved.
Then a situation arises that will cost you an extra 10k per month on top of everything else. Maybe a revenue stream dried up, whatever.

Now a smart person gets concerned and thinks "shit, in 10 months my saved 100k will be gone, then I dunno what I'll do.". It might cause some sleepless nights or a complete change in how you live.

Nah. Here comes this fucking moron in month two. "LOL you still have 80k idiot! Think of all the things you could buy with that 80k".

Brilliant.

You know you are fucked when lads don't even seem to understand the concept of linear time.

Yes you are losing money every day and you'll lose even more tomorrow but you're still in business TODAY. So it's all fine, yeah?
It’s worse. They don’t understand the business can’t just sit and wait for a few months for the storm to pass. In most cases, there is a ton of overhead. Employees to pay and insure, rent on facilities, taxes, supplies, etc. This “pause” doesn’t exist. There is no pause.

Most of these places operate on projections of the future. So they need to be able to estimate where they think their business will be in six months to a year in order to make decisions today. How do you do that right now? It would be bad enough if covid was the only think to worry about. But now they have to wonder when the government is going to come in a lock their doors. At the same time these fucking politicians are talking about a $15 minimum wage and raising taxes.

So now you are wondering whether you’re going to need to increase wages, pay more taxes, and many of your customers are scared to leave their homes. All while the government is holding a hammer over your head they might drop any time now.

How the fuck are people supposed to handle that?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned

Blows my mind that this needs to be said.

Saruhashi

Banned
Death update

StTEWQ3.jpg

WTF is going on in Italy?

Seems like they are all the way back to their early 2020 situation?

Here is something that kind of annoys me to be honest.

So we've had this thing on the go now for 9 months.
A quick look at any graph showing deaths divided among age groups paints a clear picture.

They've got 48k Covid deaths but they fucking KNOW that 85% of those deaths are people over the age of 70.
OK, now the life expectancy in Italy is apparently 83 years so we are losing a lot of good years of life here.

We know exactly who is dying. We know how they are getting the virus.
We know many ways to stop it.

HOW can they still be consistently failing to protect the most obviously vulnerable people?
If you cut the death rate in over 70s in half then you almost cut Italy's total deaths in half right there.

So how the hell can the solution be "lets just shut everything down"?
How about just protect and be careful around the old people?

It's no big deal at all if some young kids have a massive party in some Italian neighbourhood.
It only becomes a big deal if they fail to protect their elderly citizens from exposure.

What troubles me is the question of where exactly all of these deaths have occurred and where exactly the disease was contracted.
How many of these are old folks who were already in care facilities and hospitals etc?
Why the fuck weren't we focusing entirely on their protection from the first month onwards?

Who gives a damn about schools and shopping malls etc when something like 60% of your deaths are people over the age of 80.
HOW did they get infected?

I mean, say we let this rumble on for another 9 months. That distribution of deaths across ages isn't really going to change.
Lock shit down. Close everything you can think of.
Oh, granny got Covid in the nursing home and died? How could this happen!? We had lockdowns!

No fucking way we are this dumb as a society. To not look at graphs like that and instantly think OK we need to quarantine the elderly and then develop systems whereby they can have their needs met without getting Covid. 9 fucking months of this!

Italy has the 4th highest life expectancy in the world by the way. Just a thought on the volume of vulnerable people compared to other nations where folks might not live so long and so might not have such a high death rate as a logical result.

For 9 months we knew exactly who was dying and the best we could come up with is "wear a mask" and "close non essential businesses".

Wow the virus is just... we just don't know how to protect people... I mean ANYONE could die from it... so we can't really like quarantine certain people or be super careful with certain demographics. It's just far too difficult. Better just shut it all down and hope for the best. How could we possibly even begin to figure things out?

COVID-CFR-by-age-768x595.png

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
This whole thing has been so weird. Even if the numbers are 100% legit (they're not), the amount of power the government has seized, the way it has tanked the economy, and this idiotic micromanaging just doesn't make sense. The hysteria is all over case counts based on a test that the damn NEW YORK TIMES said was overly sensitive.

now they’re just firing blindly, shutting everything down, based on no evidence, despite the fact that they are “contact tracing“ everything (which they weren’t doing in the spring). Anecdotal evidence - I’ve been going to the gym every other day for two months, if there was a rona outbreak they would have called me and told me, absolutely nothing. If gyms and restaurants were a major problem they would be pointing to contact tracing data to explain it not bullshit surveys.

We didn't do all this for the Spanish Flu, which wwas objectively far worse than this. This is why it is mass hysteria, it is so disproportionate to the actual risk.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
7,826,759,136Current World Population
124,571,413 Births this year
221,042 Births today
52,298,064 Deaths this year
92,799 Deaths today

11,542,692 Communicable disease deaths this year
435,224 Seasonal flu deaths this year
6,758,476 Deaths of children under 5 this year
37,850,477 Abortions this year
274,826 Deaths of mothers during birth this year
42,268,219 HIV/AIDS infected people
1,494,717 Deaths caused by HIV/AIDS this year
7,302,519 Deaths caused by cancer this year
872,152 Deaths caused by malaria this year
8,752,729,605 Cigarettes smoked today
4,444,890 Deaths caused by smoking this year
2,223,847 Deaths caused by alcohol this year
953,478 Suicides this year

People die, shit happens, it sucks.

cryptoadam

Banned
WTF is going on in Italy?

Seems like they are all the way back to their early 2020 situation?

Here is something that kind of annoys me to be honest.

So we've had this thing on the go now for 9 months.
A quick look at any graph showing deaths divided among age groups paints a clear picture.

They've got 48k Covid deaths but they fucking KNOW that 85% of those deaths are people over the age of 70.
OK, now the life expectancy in Italy is apparently 83 years so we are losing a lot of good years of life here.

We know exactly who is dying. We know how they are getting the virus.
We know many ways to stop it.

HOW can they still be consistently failing to protect the most obviously vulnerable people?
If you cut the death rate in over 70s in half then you almost cut Italy's total deaths in half right there.

So how the hell can the solution be "lets just shut everything down"?
How about just protect and be careful around the old people?

It's no big deal at all if some young kids have a massive party in some Italian neighbourhood.
It only becomes a big deal if they fail to protect their elderly citizens from exposure.

What troubles me is the question of where exactly all of these deaths have occurred and where exactly the disease was contracted.
How many of these are old folks who were already in care facilities and hospitals etc?
Why the fuck weren't we focusing entirely on their protection from the first month onwards?

Who gives a damn about schools and shopping malls etc when something like 60% of your deaths are people over the age of 80.
HOW did they get infected?

I mean, say we let this rumble on for another 9 months. That distribution of deaths across ages isn't really going to change.
Lock shit down. Close everything you can think of.
Oh, granny got Covid in the nursing home and died? How could this happen!? We had lockdowns!

No fucking way we are this dumb as a society. To not look at graphs like that and instantly think OK we need to quarantine the elderly and then develop systems whereby they can have their needs met without getting Covid. 9 fucking months of this!

Italy has the 4th highest life expectancy in the world by the way. Just a thought on the volume of vulnerable people compared to other nations where folks might not live so long and so might not have such a high death rate as a logical result.

For 9 months we knew exactly who was dying and the best we could come up with is "wear a mask" and "close non essential businesses".

Wow the virus is just... we just don't know how to protect people... I mean ANYONE could die from it... so we can't really like quarantine certain people or be super careful with certain demographics. It's just far too difficult. Better just shut it all down and hope for the best. How could we possibly even begin to figure things out?

COVID-CFR-by-age-768x595.png

Look at where I live

E GROUPNUMBER OF DEATHS IN THE PAST 14 DAYS1RATE OF MORTALITY PER 100,000 PEOPLE IN THE PAST 14 DAYSNUMBER OF CUMULATIVE DEATHS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMICCUMULATIVE MORTALITY RATE PER 100,000 PEOPLE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMIC
0-4 years0-0-
5-9 years0-0-
10-19 years0-0-
20-29 years0-< 5n.p.
30-39 years0-< 5n.p.
40-49 years0-16* 5.8
50-59 years0-7027.3
60-69 years< 5n.p.235108.6
70-79 years11* 7.6619428.3
80 years and more27* 26.82,6422,626.5
Missing0---
Total412.03,589173.7

Under 50 >25 people died. This is why all their business were destroyed, children lost a year of school. 25 people. Even under 70 it still only about 330 people. Thats over 9 months of this virus.

Now the big chunk over 70. Well over 80% of our deaths occurred in LTC, or what is called nursing homes. And the average life expectancy in these homes is usually 24 months.

At the time it was a big scandal. Orderly's were abandoning their posts letting people die in shit and starving. And this was all memory holed as the government just threw their hands up and said hey its not our fault its the sytem. And everyone just shrugged and forgot about it.

Basically we shut down everything, which lead to a huge surge in deaths in our old age homes because fear caused people to abandon them, while mismanagement caused the virus to spread there. Our government literally created the entire pandemic with their incompetence, and it has totally been memory holed as we are in a Red Zone and day 50 of our 28 day lockdown and 4 months into our mask mandate. And yet here the elderly are still dieing. The last 2 weeks 0 deaths under 60 and its been that way for months.

diffusionx

Gold Member

This was the place that wasn’t going to let you walk your dog, because of a strain of the virus so nasty that nobody knew they had it. Completely fake based on nothing but one idiot lying. Hospitals weren’t overrun. People weren’t dying in the street. But you still have to lock everyone in their homes and make dogs shit on the floor.

If this won’t convince people of this insanity nothing will.

Last edited:

WoJ

This whole thing has been so weird. Even if the numbers are 100% legit (they're not), the amount of power the government has seized, the way it has tanked the economy, and this idiotic micromanaging just doesn't make sense. The hysteria is all over case counts based on a test that the damn NEW YORK TIMES said was overly sensitive.

now they’re just firing blindly, shutting everything down, based on no evidence, despite the fact that they are “contact tracing“ everything (which they weren’t doing in the spring). Anecdotal evidence - I’ve been going to the gym every other day for two months, if there was a rona outbreak they would have called me and told me, absolutely nothing. If gyms and restaurants were a major problem they would be pointing to contact tracing data to explain it not bullshit surveys.

We didn't do all this for the Spanish Flu, which wwas objectively far worse than this. This is why it is mass hysteria, it is so disproportionate to the actual risk.

100% agree. I continue to be baffled if this is driven more by hubris or stupidity. I realize that there is an element of power hungry individuals enjoying increased power. But I still keep coming back to Hanlon's razor: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

And when I listen to people Cuomo, I don't see some mustache twirling genius. I see an idiot who has no idea what he's actually doing.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Fewer beds taken up than last year, deaths a fraction of the grim forecasts, 95% of fatalities had underlying causes... and how the facts can be twisted to strike fear in our hearts
  • Despite the fearmongering, the number of Covid-19 deaths is significantly lower than the peak back in April
  • Latest ONS estimate shows that in the week ending November 14, new infections were already levelling off
  • GCHQ has embedded a team in Downing Street to provide Boris Johnson with real-time updates of Covid-19
  • Analysts will sift through vast amounts of data to ensure Boris Johnson has the most up-to-date informat

35931778-8971669-image-a-22_1605919057158.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom