• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Death update

ldca0XI.jpg

Airbus Jr

Banned
Giving context.

Seems scary if people say X died so adding context. So far right now 85K people have died today and the tally is still running.

Im not worried about those 85k people dead from diabetic..heart disease..accident..homicide..or any other causes....

Im worried about the people died from Covid...

Because its an airborne transmitted disease....the idea that someone could brought this thing into your houses without you knowing it and spread it to your parents...wifes..kids.....and vaccines not ready yet..that should...at least...concern you...

Hope this clears everything

Cheers

Last edited:

Joe T.

Im not worried about those 85k people dead from diabetic..heart disease..accident..homicide..or any other causes....

Im worried about the people died from Covid...

You just perfectly demonstrated the problem with mainstream coverage of this pandemic, from heads of state all the way down to the average person on the street.

When you focus entirely on one virus at the expense of everything else you are no longer acting in the interest of public health. That myopic view is counterproductive.

Nymphae

Banned

I saw a video of that California Gavin fella apologizing for getting caught breaking rules (such a pathetic speech too - "uh, I need to not just preach but practice...what I preach")

And then this, I just keep thinking, when are people just going to say LOL O RLY and beat the shit out of these motherfuckers. I don't condone it, but I wonder how long people can watch their rulers disrespect them so.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I was directly (and I mean like two feet away from a symptomatic person, both of us wearing masks though) exposed to COVID 11 days ago. Long before that and since (I only found out about the exposer on Saturday) I've taken 2000IU of Vitamin D every day. So far no symptoms.

I was directly (and I mean like two feet away from a symptomatic person, both of us wearing masks though) exposed to COVID 11 days ago. Long before that and since (I only found out about the exposer on Saturday) I've taken 2000IU of Vitamin D every day. So far no symptoms.
Remember in they pre covid halcyon days when you may have been in a room, public transport or even a mall with many souls who may have had a cold or a flu and other than maybe a token 'oh don't pass it on' gesture people just went about there business without a second thought?

Now you have a illness with very similar symptoms and fatality rates doing the rounds but because it has been marketed to you as the black plauge people are acting irrationally at best and down right certified bat shit crazy at the other end of the scale.

As Bill Hicks said...'is there anyone in here tonight involved in marketing?.....kill yourself.

Aesius

Remember in they pre covid halcyon days when you may have been in a room, public transport or even a mall with many souls who may have had a cold or a flu and other than maybe a token 'oh don't pass it on' gesture people just went about there business without a second thought?

Now you have a illness with very similar symptoms and fatality rates doing the rounds but because it has been marketed to you as the black plauge people are acting irrationally at best and down right certified bat shit crazy at the other end of the scale.

As Bill Hicks said...'is there anyone in here tonight involved in marketing?.....kill yourself.

Isn't it interesting how the cold and flu and every other communicable disease just disappeared off the face of the earth when COVID arrived? COVID is like the spider of viruses. It just eats all the others. So maybe it's actually beneficial. Turns out the cure for the common cold and the flu was COVID.

Airbus Jr

Banned
You just perfectly demonstrated the problem with mainstream coverage of this pandemic, from heads of state all the way down to the average person on the street.

When you focus entirely on one virus at the expense of everything else you are no longer acting in the interest of public health. That myopic view is counterproductive.

Counterproductive what?

You re the one being ridiculous by trying to underestimate/ deny the existence/ danger of this disease

This is a covid thread then of course il discuss about covid

If you want to worry about other cause of death then make you own thread

Youre the one being counter productive by moving goalpost/derailing the thread here

You will continue to act like this/ underestimate this even thought confesion of some our gaf member sufering from covid from several page before but yet you chose to ignore it, until someone close to you suffer or die from covid

Thats the moment when reality hits you in the face

Last edited:
Counterproducitive what?

You re the one being ridiculous by trying to underestimate/ deny the existence/ danger of this disease

This is a covid thread then of course il discuss about covid

If you want to worry about other cause of death then make you own thread

Youre the one being counter productive by moving goalpost/derailing the thread here

You will continue to act like this/ underestimate this even thought confesion of some our gaf member sufering from covid from several page before but yet you chose to ignore it, until someone close to you suffer or die from covid

Thats the moment when reality hits you in the face
People aren't pretending COVID isn't real. But people like you are pretending that it doesn't matter if younger people suffer/die so long as Grandma gets a couple extra months of miserable life (because she can't see her Grandkids, that would be too dangerous).

Saying it's "derailing" to talk about other causes of death when COVID response is specifically causing non-COVID deaths is a ridiculous notion. Go to a COVID cultist site if all you want to hear is how the world should be huddled in fear from COVID.

Airbus Jr

Banned
People aren't pretending COVID isn't real. But people like you are pretending that it doesn't matter if younger people suffer/die so long as Grandma gets a couple extra months of miserable life (because she can't see her Grandkids, that would be too dangerous).

Saying it's "derailing" to talk about other causes of death when COVID response is specifically causing non-COVID deaths is a ridiculous notion. Go to a COVID cultist site if all you want to hear is how the world should be huddled in fear from COVID.

Who said i pretend that it doesnt matter if younger people die as long as as grandma gets an extra month of miserable life?

Did i ever said that in any of my post?

You made that ridiculous story on your own

Have a nice day

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Have a relative who's a heavy smoker, has diabetes, and is overweight who caught it (he lost his sense of taste and smell, which is how he knew to get tested). Despite having three of the main underlying conditions of death he got over it.

prag16

Banned

This guy is a moron.

The Spanish Flu case counts only included serious cases requiring medical attention. There was no such thing as testing. Then he goes on to compare confirmed Covid cases to estimated flu cases. Comparing CFR and IFR is of course apples and oranges.

Extremely sloppy and misleading. Just another in a long line of ignorant chicken littles. Dude writes for an outlet called "The Skeptic". What a joke.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'd love to see that bar bill. I wanna see the cost of those drinks, like 100 each? What drink is worth that? I understand that bill might include food or appetizers, but still, that's an expensive bill for so few people.

French Laundry is a three-star Michelin restaurant. For several years it was rated the #1 best restaurant in the world.

As someone who has had the good fortune to visit several three stars, the drinks aren't priced like that, they probably bought *very* expensive bottles of wine.

French Laundry is a three-star Michelin restaurant. For several years it was rated the #1 best restaurant in the world.

As someone who has had the good fortune to visit several three stars, the drinks aren't priced like that, they probably bought *very* expensive bottles of wine.

That does make more sense, I just have no frame of reference so it's hard for me to imagine.

ManaByte

Gold Member

It was a birthday party, so yea expensive wine.

Joe T.

Counterproductive what?

Needlessly scaring, masking, separating and locking people/businesses down using statistical fraud isn't saving anyone's life, it's doing the opposite. The propaganda-driven panic and lock downs early on were largely responsible for the deaths that piled up high earlier in the year. The PCR tests are being misused, reporting all their positive test results as infectious cases is unquestionably deceptive. How do you defend that?

Reiner Fuellmich's team filed their legal complaint in Berlin (can find it here). The clock's ticking on the fearmongers, my biggest concern now is the vaccines.

That number's just before the 4 min mark in the video tied to that story.

Canadians put the whole fucking country into lock down when practically all our deaths were in long term care facilities. Now ask me why I'm pissed off entering month 9 of these ridiculous measures.

cryptoadam

Banned
Essentially canadian government screwed up and killed these people and are lying their ass off. Legault played dumb when it happened here and then memory holed it and we all forgot people dieing in their own shit because they were abandoned.

But its probably why Montreal has barely any deaths now they managed to get the situation under control. Dumb as a Plante probably managed to do something right between bike rides.

The government had one job protect the vulnerable instead they killed them and then the economy and our future.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Needlessly scaring, masking, separating and locking people/businesses down using statistical fraud isn't saving anyone's life, it's doing the opposite. The propaganda-driven panic and lock downs early on were largely responsible for the deaths that piled up high earlier in the year. The PCR tests are being misused, reporting all their positive test results as infectious cases is unquestionably deceptive. How do you defend that?

Reiner Fuellmich's team filed their legal complaint in Berlin (can find it here). The clock's ticking on the fearmongers, my biggest concern now is the vaccines.

That number's just before the 4 min mark in the video tied to that story.

Canadians put the whole fucking country into lock down when practically all our deaths were in long term care facilities. Now ask me why I'm pissed off entering month 9 of these ridiculous measures.

Fearmongering? HAHAHAHA !

Feel free if you dont want to wear mask buddy

Nobody is forcing you

If you or your family died because you spread it to them then dont blame us its all your responsibilities

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’m pretty sure I dealt with pneumonia before, once, and not sure which virus caused it but I dealt with that in 2018 in great health and had a tough time for three days. I never went to the doctors but for a while, I thought I was honestly in trouble one night and questioned if my chest would feel heavier than it already did when I went to bed that night. Pulled through

Now I’m just trying to estimate how I would deal with SARS-CoV-2 now with my current health situation. I think my next step is to begin studying a bit about SARS-CoV and comparing it with SARS-CoV-2. Probably got the former at some point during 2004-2020 so if it’s about as bad as Covid-19 maybe I’ll be able to get past that virus in the same amount of time? Not sure

I’ll be researching to see if SARS-CoV can attach itself to the ACE2 receptors in the body, and if it can harm the organs and tissues of the body in the same ways SARS-CoV-2 does

Would rather not catch anything, but for a while I’ve been questioning just how terrible is this new virus? It’s terrible, but is it going to be terrible in my case when/if I contract it. Seems inevitable that everyone will contract it at some point. Might as well, in my case, have an idea of how it will go

The night I was battling the pneumonia I think I had, I couldn’t sleep and was delirious that night as well so it’s possible that my brain tissue was affected during that virus in 2018, which means I potentially got past something at least on par with Covid-19. Idk, still a lot of questions I have and so does everyone else. Thought I’d brainstorm here

in case anyone is interested, here is a random study I was reading:

-Minsc-

The other side is that people were not taking the common cold or flu seriously enough. I doubt little that C-19 is a virus that is a little worse than those existing pathogens which does not yet have a reliable vaccine. I don't believe masks work as well as people think either, but whatever, I'll wear them.

What I see is that people before were too lax with respecting the common cold or flu (myself included). Now we got a battle between two sides. The people who don't give a damn and don't care if they infect another person with an illness versus the people who want zero deaths. This is a battle which has already existed, now it just has the limelight. Of course, many other external groups are taking advantage of this battle.

Edit:

I’m pretty sure I dealt with pneumonia before, once, and not sure which virus caused it but I dealt with that in 2018 in great health and had a tough time for three days. I never went to the doctors but for a while, I thought I was honestly in trouble one night and questioned if my chest would feel heavier than it already did when I went to bed that night. Pulled through

Now I’m just trying to estimate how I would deal with SARS-CoV-2 now with my current health situation. I think my next step is to begin studying a bit about SARS-CoV and comparing it with SARS-CoV-2. Probably got the former at some point during 2004-2020 so if it’s about as bad as Covid-19 maybe I’ll be able to get past that virus in the same amount of time? Not sure

I’ll be researching to see if SARS-CoV can attach itself to the ACE2 receptors in the body, and if it can harm the organs and tissues of the body in the same ways SARS-CoV-2 does

Would rather not catch anything, but for a while I’ve been questioning just how terrible is this new virus? It’s terrible, but is it going to be terrible in my case when/if I contract it. Seems inevitable that everyone will contract it at some point. Might as well, in my case, have an idea of how it will go

The night I was battling the pneumonia I think I had, I couldn’t sleep and was delirious that night as well so it’s possible that my brain tissue was affected during that virus in 2018, which means I potentially got past something at least on par with Covid-19. Idk, still a lot of questions I have and so does everyone else. Thought I’d brainstorm here

in case anyone is interested, here is a random study I was reading:

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate them. That study seems over my head though with it's academic language. I'm still going to listen to the "flatten the curve" tag line. Sure, we may all get it some day but we may as well all not get it at once.

---

A note on this thing tanking the economy.... People will find a way to adjust. Pandemic, governing body, changing markets and trends, what ever. I'll still have to find a way to survive regardless.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
I'm still going to listen to the "flatten the curve" tag line. Sure, we may all get it some day but we may as well all not get it at once.

What month is it?

Lockdowns were initially sold as temporary measures to prevent hospitals from getting overwhelmed. Prevent a sharp short spike that would cause excess deaths due to lack of access to treatment. This was NOT about preventing all cases. The bill of goods they sold us was that the area under the curve would be similar, but with a blunted peak. The idea wasn't to save lives by reducing absolute case counts, because at that time people seemed to understand that prolonged lockdowns would be untenable in terms of the social/economic impacts.

At this point that has been long forgotten. There's no more "flatten the curve"; over six months ago this changed to "prevent all cases and try to run out the clock until a vaccine hypothetically saves us all, consequences and collateral damage be damned".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom