• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 lead writer Drew Karpyshyn is working on Anthem

Some Nobody

Holding tight on this until after release, when full reviews confirm whether it has a single player story emphasis commensurate with previous Bioware games. Squad co-op is fine but I want branching plotlines and romance.

If it's predominantly online multiplayer shootbang then I'm out.

You shot this up to post this? :p

As cool as Anthem looks, there's a part of me that worries it will go the same way as Destiny and be all about mindlessly grinding the same content over and over again after finishing a short, disappointing main story.

We don't know how much focus will be on "just shoot shit with your mates", but I really hope Bioware are aiming higher than to simply clear that low bar.

I still remember how excited I was when booting up Destiny for the first time, how much hope I had for an enjoyable future in that huge universe of adventure that Bungie had supposedly been crafting.

I feel that hope again, watching the Anthem gameplay trailer. I crave something as special as it promises to be, as Destiny promised before it. I'll take the news that Drew K is one of the writers as a good omen, and keep my fingers crossed as I wait for more news.
This is exactly how I feel about Anthem.
Fingers crossed.

vivekTO

Holding tight on this until after release, when full reviews confirm whether it has a single player story emphasis commensurate with previous Bioware games. Squad co-op is fine but I want branching plotlines and romance.

If it's predominantly online multiplayer shootbang then I'm out.

Think about destiny with some beefy Story and lore, but if you are going in expecting ME , you will certainly be disappointed, unless they Scrap the next ME sequel and try to make this more like it, lore wise.

jdstorm

Banned
The real question i would love answered (Come on Bioware if you are listening in throw us a bone) is "Will this be a Hero shooter or will it have character creation?"

If its a Hero shooter then that could mean really good things. Imagine if Mass Effect was a Co Op game but you got to choose if you wanted to be Shepard or Liara or Garrus or Wrex or Tali ect and then play through the game from their point of view.

If its a typical create your own character affair
Which seems much more likely after seeing the trailer, where an NPC calls you "Freelancer". Thats probably the new Shepard/Pathfinder/Dragonborn name of choice.
Then the task of writing the story just got that much harder.

Top Bottom