• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Debut Trailer - Holiday 2011 - 360/PS3/PC

kitzkozan

Totally NarNar said:
I hope this is more like ME1 with less repetition.

It's going to be somewhere in between imo, but I personally hope for good gears instead of decent gears. :p Give me a crouch on command and blind fire, with perhaps the possibility to roll (which could be tied to a stat worth boosting with squad points). Having something which is close to modern shooters AI instead of the late 90's or early 2000 would be appreciated as well. :]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fimbulvetr said:
shinobi602 said:
Good grief mate, way to over exaggerate what I said. I know for sure, the game's been out for over a year now, the criticisms have covered ever nook and cranny of the game. How much more is there? Unfortunately, again you assumed that I don't have criticisms myself V_V
And you assumed people hated the game.
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that anyone who has spent 14 months of their lives having constant, massive, in depth arguments about the plot of Mass Effect 2 to extents that truly boggle my mind probably really liked the game.

Nirolak said:
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that anyone who has spent 14 months of their lives having constant, massive, in depth arguments about the plot of Mass Effect 2 to extents that truly boggle my mind probably really liked the game.

It's weird that I'm not sure if you're being literal or sarcastic. :p

Fimbulvetr said:
Then why did you tell them to not buy it?

Because my main point was that people can have criticisms of the game and want them addressed i.e like I did, except I actually did want them addressed, hence posting on the official Bioware forums, instead of posting for over a year here where I can pretty much guarantee every angle's been covered, yet the cynicism still flows freely, which feels like it's just to relish in everyone else's negativity.

I was saying if you don't like it THAT much.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
gdt5016 said:
But the lack of GC in ME1 meant that you could just spam biotics. Just go down the list spamming them all. By the time you used the last one, the first on the list would be all charged up again.

GC works much better.

But ME2 fixed that by making the disarming powers like Pull and Throw not work until defenses were gone.

nubbe

Singularity and push was the best thing about ME1. They were fun as hell... unlike in ME2 where are useless, so you need to run and gun.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
gdt5016 said:
ME3 will be in development longer than ME2.

I loved how ME2 handled the side quests---smaller, but very distinct areas. If we can just expand the size a bit (though not as large and boring as the ME1 moons) it'll rock.

You mean small but very distinct corridors with chest high walls everywhere?

Mindlog

nubbe said:
Singularity and push was the best thing about ME1. They were fun as hell... unlike in ME2 where are useless, so you need to run and gun.
A run and gun Adept?

If people are having that much trouble with BSA they could always drop the difficulty down to normal or casual. Play as a Shockwave Vanguard with Jack and casually stroll through levels erasing enemies.

An Adept can rip through BSA as easily as a soldier snipes.

shinobi602 said:
Because my main point was that people can have criticisms of the game and want them addressed i.e like I did, except I actually did want them addressed, hence posting on the official Bioware forums, instead of posting for over a year here where I can pretty much guarantee every angle's been covered, yet the cynicism still flows freely, which feels like it's just to relish in everyone else's negativity.

I was saying if you don't like it THAT much.

I'm not sure too many people are willing to join Bioware's forums with all the stories of creepy threads and the recent talk of getting banned from games if you are banned from their forums(granted the guy in that case deserved the ban from the forum, just not from the game).

Plus it's not guaranteed that devs won't just write you off on their own forums. Though Bioware seems to actually care about fan feedback, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Then there are those who are scared to voice concerns because things they liked(in concept) might be removed(see. the Mako).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
nubbe said:

lol @ Singularity being useless in 2. Where is that adept speedrun with Warp users popping Singularities?

HK-47 said:
You mean small but very distinct corridors with chest high walls everywhere?
Its not always walls. Some times it's crates or containers or other square or rectangular shaped objects stacked next to each other.

Kyoufu

Mindlog said:
A run and gun Adept?

If people are having that much trouble with BSA they could always drop the difficulty down to normal or casual. Play as a Shockwave Vanguard with Jack and casually stroll through levels erasing enemies.

An Adept can rip through BSA as easily as a soldier snipes.

Enemies on Casual/Normal die to squadmates before you can get off two biotics on them :(

Yes, Adept can play on Insanity with biotics alone, but is it fun? Nope.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kyoufu said:
Enemies on Casual/Normal die to squadmates before you can get off two biotics on them :(

It is if you have heavy armor pierce or inferno ammo.

Dresden

Adept on Insanity is good stuff. Spam singularity and toss warp-bombs.

The class design actually worked very well for ME2. It's one of the things they got right--every class is more than viable in the highest difficulty.

You mean when she was supposed to be frozen and taken by the Collectors and the she appeared fine like if nohing happened?...yeah
When you get on the collector ship for the first time, and come across that heap of rotting bodies, there's a figure buried in there with Ashley's armor... I was so sure at the time that the Ashley you meet on Horizon was a 'fake,' and that the real one just died after getting harvested.

Of course that didn't happen at all.

Mindlog

Kyoufu said:

I don't understand what you are getting at. I was noting the absurdity of saying that ME2 biotics are not effective.

DuckRacer

Patryn said:
I'd almost be willing to take a ban bet that Kasumi will not return as a squadmate in ME3.

Almost. Basically I'm 99.9999999 percent certain that, at most, you will get an e-mail from Kasumi.
This. Zaeed and Kasumi were originally supposed to be full characters – Zaeed's recruitment mission actually required you to use the Mako to chase down a mob leader's vehicle through Korlus – but they were dumbed down because BioWare thought the characters were significantly less quality than the other squad members. If BioWare didn't have confidence in them from the get-go and relegated them to truncated roles provided through DLC, there's no way they'll get anything more than brief cameos. If even that.

Kurtofan

DuckRacer said:
This. Zaeed and Kasumi were originally supposed to be full characters – Zaeed's recruitment mission actually required you to use the Mako to chase down a mob leader's vehicle through Korlus – but they were dumbed down because BioWare thought the characters were significantly less quality than the other squad members. If BioWare didn't have confidence in them from the get-go and relegated them to truncated roles provided through DLC, there's no way they'll get anything more than brief cameos. If even that.
I wish Jack and Jacob got truncated instead of Zaeed.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
DuckRacer said:

shame. I'd take them over Garrus.

sonicmj1

Nirolak said:

By this argument, all of GAF loves MGS4, so-called "haters" included.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
HK-47 said:
Sub, why do you have horrible opinions?

hehe, he's boring really.

Name one redeeming quality about Garrus!

Zaeed is a fun party member on the other hand.

Peff

subversus said:

xywkW.png

subversus said:

Just one?

Truth be told, Garrus really got the short straw in ME2.
I'm not certain, but he seems to have the shortest number of conversation options of the crew. I'm always sad returning from missions to go talk to my crew, but then I remember I've already exhausted all of the points to speak with Garrus.

I thought Bioware was more... aware of how popular Garrus was and would give him a better treatment than he got. Oh well, he still has some pretty good quips here and there.

I really wanted to like Zaeed, but he just never clicked with me. I think if he had been given a better mission like Kasmui's to get to know him better I might have changed my tune.

Top Bottom