• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 E3 Recap Thread

"We fight or we die, that's the plan"

I'm going to assume that Bioware has something at least somewhat interesting for how they beat the reapers....hoping, praying, anticipating.

CrazyDude

Kitschkraft said:

I'm going to assume that Bioware has something at least somewhat interesting for how they beat the reapers....hoping, praying, anticipating.
Well you have to fight them, no? You aren't going to talk them to death.

CrazyDude said:
Well you have to fight them, no? You aren't going to talk them to death.

They have been set up as being far more powerful then "we can just gather a big army and beat them WITH OUR WILL".

They've been doing this for a long time.

Obviously the game is focused on combat (LOL shooter), but....there better be some damned nuance in this fucking game.

scarybore

Been watching the trailer over and over so my mind doesn't melt while I wait for something worthwhile in the MS conference, looks amazing.

Kitschkraft said:

I'll be amazed if it's done in a satisfying manner. Considering how powerful the Reapers are, you can't help but expect Bioware to pull something out of their ass to get rid of them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Make a new thread for the trailer when it finally goes up.

Edit:

Actually, it'll be at the EA press conference anyway, so we'll make a new thread for it after that.

Zomba13

It's looking good. I actually liked the Kinect stuff. Still think it might be better to just hit a button for move up and pause to use squad-mates powers but it's nice of them to use kinect in a cool way.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Foliorum Viridum said:
Kinect stuff for dialogue is pretty boring, but in combat?

It looks pretty damn responsive, to be honest. I will try it out for sure.

yes, combat looked much better than ME2.

Rad-

Foliorum Viridum said:
Kinect stuff for dialogue is pretty boring, but in combat?

It looks pretty damn responsive, to be honest. I will try it out for sure.

My thoughts exactly. Was embarrassed for them when they showed the dialogue stuff but it looked very useful in combat.

Jarmel

Banned
subversus said:
yes, combat looked much better than ME2.

We need to see more of that. Heat clips are obviously back it seems, but I couldn't figure out about the universal power aspect.

The dialog stuff was fine. It showed that you didn't need to say exactly what was on the screen.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Jarmel said:
We need to see more of that. Heat clips are obviously back it seems, but I couldn't figure out about the universal power aspect.

also grenades are back and that's good.

Rad- said:
My thoughts exactly. Was embarrassed for them when they showed the dialogue stuff but it looked very useful in combat.
Yup, was a pleasant surprise.

It probably won't be something I use all of the time, but in the heat of the moment it could be useful and feel cool. Doubt it would be a viable option on an Insanity re-play, however! Haha.

By far the best Kinect integration in a non-Kinect game yet judging by that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
subversus said:
Do you have to pause to issue commands on consoles in ME2?
Depends on what you want to do. Move commands don't require you to pause. You can also map one power per squad mate to the d pad and use it freely. If you want to use a squad power that isn't mapped to the dpad, you have to pause the game and bring up the power wheel. Changing weapons on squad mates also requires you to pause and bring up the weapon wheel.

lucius

I hope Bioware didn't waste too much time implementing the voice stuff, how many fans of the series will actually play the whole game all the way through using that, not many is my guess.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Watched the Kinect presentation.

In the time it takes to say "Garrus: Concussion...", or "Liara: Singularity", you could've issued the commands thrice over, just pushing the corresponding buttons.

And with that, back to media blackout.

Well, just saw the kinect video and I didnt hate it, its optional and it even looks, may I say fun?
I dont even have a 360 and Kinect and I wouldnt mind havinf the PC version with optional command with a mic.

The best of all, I fucking hope that thanks to this EA needs to dub the game in spanish and give me the possibilty of playing it in english and spanish, so makes multiple wlaktrhoughs more diverse and fun (EA does really good dubs here, so Im not worried). So if Kinect helps me having a better product, even with not being a 360 version, in my country, I will applaud this decission.

HK-47 said:
Why is Shepard so important again?

Because he's an icon and natural born leader, didn't you pay attention to TIM's stupid plan?

Shepard is the only person in the entire galaxy who can see colored text, it's been his greatest strength and secret.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't kidding with that scale.

Top Bottom