• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Raxus

Salarian engineer should damage boost shield drain and get a boost in powers from the Salarian vet tree. That way you can drain rocket geth on gold.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Salarian engineer should damage boost shield drain and get a boost in powers from the Salarian vet tree. That way you can drain rocket geth on gold.

You make it sound like i dont even need to put points in Fitness for more health and shield.

Then again, i do not dare to touch gold yet.

I'm not experienced on Salarian yet but tbh, I don't see the point of Armor Boost. You're not going to soak damage ever.

Armor Boost is a free+40% damage resistance. That's huge. With quick cooldown, you're almost invincible against anything with shields/barriers.

The engineer doesn't need to fully drain enemies in one hit like the infiltrator.

X-Frame

What is everyone favorite areas to hold down on each map?

I still can't understand why people insist on holding down the top of Firebase White near the ladder. It's a terrible spot, especially on the later Silver waves and all of Gold. Everything becomes 10x easier when you take the inside downstairs.

I still can't understand why people insist on holding down the top of Firebase White near the ladder. It's a terrible spot, especially on the later Silver waves and all of Gold. Everything becomes 10x easier when you take the inside downstairs.

If you have a team that can kill stuff quickly it's absolutely possible to hold the top of White, even on gold. You have very good lines of sight so it's great for sniping and any enemies coming from indoors get funnelled into a strong chokepoint.

If you have a decoy in the street, and a person in the bottom rooms, having 2 people on top of the ladder is great. They can see most of the map and just destroy the street together.

RyanDG

Firebase White - Downstairs room... Two guys in the room, two guys (preferably snipers) on the outside in the little L-shape.

Firebase Giant - Two people in the control room upstairs, two people in the room downstairs to the right to prevent spawns from coming inside the control room.

Firebase Ghost - Back of the map in the small room.

Firebase Glacier - In the center structure near the armor reload up stairs. Two people near the desks, the other two at the initial spawn.

Firebase Reactor - Near the back of the map where the controls for the reactor in SP are. Couple of people covering the reactor itself, the second group covering the stairs, hallway.

That's where I've mostly picked up my gold clears from.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I checked the top global rankings on PC for curiosity.

#1 N7 rating of 4890
#2 N7 rating of 2878
#3 N7 rating of 2803

Wow. And the #1 is so far ahead of everyone else its ridiculous.

Kyoufu

I checked the top global rankings on PC for curiosity.

#1 N7 rating of 4890
#2 N7 rating of 2878
#3 N7 rating of 2803

Wow. And the #1 is so far ahead of everyone else its ridiculous.

And so meaningless. I'm at 120 because I don't care.

X-Frame

If you have a team that can kill stuff quickly it's absolutely possible to hold the top of White, even on gold. You have very good lines of sight so it's great for sniping and any enemies coming from indoors get funnelled into a strong chokepoint.

I suppose, but at the same time those lines of sight could work against you when you're surrounded and there's Ravagers/Nemesis fire, grenades, etc. I still think the same team would have a much easier time in the downstairs room, or on the stairs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yep. Basically, the game has become spawn point manipulation.

But that's like any other game, I suppose. :p
This game has been spawn point manipulation since day 1.

Manipulating spawns in this game is braindead easy and is my #1 piss off about ME3's multiplayer, when people don't know how to do it and make things intensely more difficult than they should be. It doesn't take more than a game to pick up on this.

Just spent 600000 credits on recruit packs... managed to get more uncommon items than common weapon mods. It seems impossible to get them common weapon mods these days..

Just did my 1st gold match. Our team managed to get all the credits. Cerberus is easy if you got a good Vanguard and Salarian Engineers. Those decoys are really useful.

Mr2day

Just spent 600000 credits on recruit packs... managed to get more uncommon items than common weapon mods. It seems impossible to get them common weapon mods these days..

I get plenty of common mods in veteran packs. Though I guess that's not so helpful if you're trying to farm rare items as well.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Trying to get my level 19 Vanguard up and was getting frustrated by hosts dropping, idlers, crashes, etc. Decided to try solo on Bronze. Pretty fun, fairly stressful. Ended up on Firebase Reactor / Geth. Had to use both health packs and both missiles, but I managed to get the full extraction. 162,061XP, got crazy trophies, 50 biotic kills, 75 kills, etc.

The hold for upload part on the first money wave wasn't a picnic, but thankfully, the other two missions were high-value target. I don't think I could have done the one where you had to run around and deactivate four beacons.

Waiting for extraction I was spamming my powers so hard I accidentally hit "ESC" and almost died :)

Sober

Rocket Geth on gold have almost no shields. I specced radius/recharge/damage for my engineer and maybe only power bonus in rank 5 STG training and I could strip a shield from a rocket trooper from 100 to 0. Hunters are harder, pyros only 50%. That plus the cooldown on an Engineer is fast enough you just spam it between decoys and stuff.

I'm sure ED with damage/recharge/damage and grabbing the weapon damage bonuses in the passive is still enough to one shot strip a rocket geth trooper.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have a pile of respec cards, shame I can't sell them. Only thing I use them for is to remove the initial point in some lines that I don't want to spec at all on some characters.

Once you have many of your weapons complete you'll get more of those respecs and then you'll be upset about that. ;)

Replicant

Is MP very laggy for everyone else today or is it just me? It's like enemies are in front of you but when you shoot them it doesn't seem to take any effect.

Promoted all 6 characters last night, dunno if ill get multiple packs but the community is closer to 140,00 at least and i can start fresh so to speak.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Whichever one you're comfortable with (everyone receives the same XP I believe) but if you want to carry teams, Human Spamhard is unstoppable.

it's also the most annoying.

OOOOOOOOOHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
oh, I'm down again, somebody revive me!

Kyoufu

it's also the most annoying.

oh, I'm down again, somebody revive me!

Haha. I rarely die and if I do it's because of lag or some weird pathing issue.

It's kind of annoying when a Geth Prime is right in front of you and you can't charge it.

THe only way I can beat gold is camp against geth on White inside the room downstairs with salarian engi and or infiltrators. I have to say it's a breeze.

MNC

Woop, Asari vanguard. One of few classes I've never ever leveled... So I can't just max out powers right away :(

Still, my first Asari! Pretty neat.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lol, just used M77-Paladin for the first time... just wtf... it's like a sniper rifle but fast!

I've been chaining good gold match with the same random team all afternoon. Opening a specter pack after each round feels so good.

Widow ? Check
Carniflex ? Check

Now Krogan and Salarian Infiltrator please.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Silence on all fronts.

What the fuck IS BioWare doing, the hell are they waiting for for both MP and SP DLC :|

Shitting themselves over the ending debacle. I figure marketing told them it would be a pretty stupid idea to go and announce multiplayer DLC this early after the launch DLC uproar, and the confirmation of something coming related to the ending.

I've been chaining good gold match with the same random team all afternoon. Opening a specter pack after each round feels so good.

Widow ? Check
Carniflex ? Check

Now Krogan and Salarian Infiltrator please.

Ugh! I want both those weapons so bad (mostly Carnifex). Just opened two spectre arter successfully completing a gold match (Firebase White with a Salarian Engineer is great) and got CRAP: Disciple 2, Reset powers (now have 2-3), Turian Soldier customization (UGH!), and Quarian Engineer customization (double UGH!).

Just gimme something good for once!

Ugh! I want both those weapons so bad (mostly Carnifex). Just opened two spectre arter successfully completing a gold match (Firebase White with a Salarian Engineer is great) and got CRAP: Disciple 2, Reset powers (now have 2-3), Turian Soldier customization (UGH!), and Quarian Engineer customization (double UGH!).

Just gimme something good for once!

I've been all week end on a bad luck strike : every veteran pack I was opening was Turian soldier/sentinels... I must have something like 20 of these by now.

Then I moved to Specter and got lucky yeah.

Question for the widow : Piercing mod useful of not ? I guess yes against armored targets ?

Top Bottom