• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Nori Chan

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm thinking that we will get the based models for the DLC characters and have to buy spectre packs for the apperances.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm thinking that we will get the based models for the DLC characters and have to buy spectre packs for the apperances.
It's already confirmed that you will have to obtain characters just like the ones already in the game: through packs.

Though maybe next week they will do an increased drop rate for DLC characters or something.

Nori Chan

Multiplayer completely down. Singleplayer down as well (unable to verify From Ashes).

Yeah I was trying to search then it says ME3 servers down.

I quit a game beforehand cause I was searching for silver and I wasn't paying attention that he changed it to bronze until the 3rd wave where we only got 2300 for it. Fucking pocket change

Whenever I play asari adept I do ok but not great, but whenever I play human adepts alongside asari, I beast. I dont get it. I dont even spec into shockwave.

Odd, the Asari Adept is better in pretty much every way. Maybe the dodging throws you off?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Warp > Throw, Warp > Throw, Warp > Throw, repeat and get 120,000+ on Gold.

Thats what i do. I'm saying human adept is oddly amazing for me. However, i usually only play it went I have engineers or a turian sentinel around for shield stripping.

Mindlog

Human Sentinel is quite effective. The problem is that it's competing directly with the Asari Adept. Would you rather have Stasis or Tech Armor?
With a mid level team, Stasis. With an elite team, Tech Armor. When the team is really good I never have to cast Stasis.

Just had my first failure ever as a Salarian Infiltrator. Geth-Gold-White. I figured it was a standard farm, but two guys decide to setup outside for some reason. OK, I've two-man completed this before. I have to listen to some XBOX Live Champion talk about taking a shit and how terrible all his teammates are. His other buddy joins him defending the outside back alley for no good reason.

The two of us inside are doing all the work. The Asari I'm with easily beat their score and I double it. They quit so that they can do the bronze-gold exploit trick.

pubs

Between potential new classes and assured new consumables I'm going to start saving up. I hope they have equipment packs again next week.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
i should probably start adding gaffers to play with. i never play mp games on xbox, but I never switched over for ME. It would probably be more fun to talk with people.

Also how should one spec tech armor?

Here's the FAQ for the DLC that came from the BioWare blog (http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/):

When is the Resurgence Pack available?

The Resurgence Pack is available on April 10th for Xbox 360 and PC worldwide. For PlayStation 3 owners the pack will be available on April 10th in North American and April 11th in Europe.

What exactly is included in the Resurgence Pack?

Firebase Hydra and Firebase Condor are available to play on as soon as the Resurgence Pack is downloaded. The new weapons, characters, and equipment are available as rewards inside Reinforcement Packs.

How many new characters are there total?

There is a new character for each class in the game, so 6 new characters to play as total. There are also new races introduced including the Geth and Batarians.

Does each new character come with new abilities?

Yes the new characters will have their own unique abilities and loadouts.

How much does the Resurgence Pack cost to download?

The Resurgence Pack is available at no additional cost for Mass Effect 3 game owners.

So it seems like the new characters/weapons/equipment will be exclusive to a specific pack. That's cool, at least, as it should make it easier to unlock them quicker. Imagine how hard it would be to unlock them if they were added to all the packs. Hell, I STILL haven't unlocked the Quarian Infiltrator and I'm only missing 1 gold gun and 3-4 N7!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here's the FAQ for the DLC that came from the BioWare blog (http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/):

When is the Resurgence Pack available?

The Resurgence Pack is available on April 10th for Xbox 360 and PC worldwide. For PlayStation 3 owners the pack will be available on April 10th in North American and April 11th in Europe.

What exactly is included in the Resurgence Pack?

Firebase Hydra and Firebase Condor are available to play on as soon as the Resurgence Pack is downloaded. The new weapons, characters, and equipment are available as rewards inside Reinforcement Packs.

How many new characters are there total?

There is a new character for each class in the game, so 6 new characters to play as total. There are also new races introduced including the Geth and Batarians.

Does each new character come with new abilities?

Yes the new characters will have their own unique abilities and loadouts.

How much does the Resurgence Pack cost to download?

The Resurgence Pack is available at no additional cost for Mass Effect 3 game owners.

So it seems like the new characters/weapons/equipment will be exclusive to a specific pack. That's cool, at least, as it should make it easier to unlock them quicker. Imagine how hard it would be to unlock them if they were added to all the packs. Hell, I STILL haven't unlocked the Quarian Infiltrator and I'm only missing 1 gold gun and 3-4 N7!

Nowhere in there does it say they will be exclusive to a specific pack. Reinforcement packs is the general term for all purchasable packs.

The weapons/characters will simply be added to the existing pool.

Inversive

With a mid level team, Stasis. With an elite team, Tech Armor. When the team is really good I never have to cast Stasis.

Just had my first failure ever as a Salarian Infiltrator. Geth-Gold-White. I figured it was a standard farm, but two guys decide to setup outside for some reason. OK, I've two-man completed this before. I have to listen to some XBOX Live Champion talk about taking a shit and how terrible all his teammates are. His other buddy joins him defending the outside back alley for no good reason.

The two of us inside are doing all the work. The Asari I'm with easily beat their score and I double it. They quit so that they can do the bronze-gold exploit trick.

pubs

Between potential new classes and assured new consumables I'm going to start saving up. I hope they have equipment packs again next week.

Is everyone supposed to be inside the room? I usually chill outside behind the barrier with an ammo crate next to it with my Infiltrator. It's a shooting gallery and i always seem to get 100k+ score. Just finished a game as an adept and i died a shit ton. The Salarian infiltrator has loads of survivability in comparison.

Nowhere in there does it say they will be exclusive to a specific pack. Reinforcement packs is the general term for all purchasable packs.

The weapons/characters will simply be added to the existing pool.

Really? If so, that would suck. I was under the impression it would be a special pack outside the 3 default packs. But I could (obviously) be wrong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I imagine there will be a promo pack next week that focuses on the new stuff.
This is my bet too. But the PR only says they'll be available through the default packs and the system inside the reinforcement game already, no mention of freebies.

Mindlog

Is everyone supposed to be inside the room? I usually chill outside behind the barrier with an ammo crate next to it with my Infiltrator. It's a shooting gallery and i always seem to get 100k+ score. Just finished a game as an adept and i died a shit ton. The Salarian infiltrator has loads of survivability in comparison.
As long as you don't get overrun it's fine. The problem happens when whoever is there falls back and the people inside get surrounded. Also, if everyone is inside reviving is easier.

I may try some more tomorrow. I have ~210k right now. However, my medi-gel count is dropping like a rock.

Inversive

As long as you don't get overrun it's fine. The problem happens when whoever is there falls back and the people inside get surrounded. Also, if everyone is inside reviving is easier.

I may try some more tomorrow. I have ~210k right now. However, my medi-gel count is dropping like a rock.

Usually there's a Salarian Engineer with a decoy down in the room so combine that with Tac cloak and the Geth don't even look at me. :p If any enemies close with me i can just grab them over the barrier anyway. I think it's definately an Infiltrator only spot though.
I haven't had any medi gel for ages :( I ran out of rockets for the first time ever today too!

Is it odd I'm playing multiplayer more than single player?

I still need to start the single player, working slowly on me2 for a better save this time around.

I really don't want to play sp until bio ware release that ending update and mp is good fun still.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it odd I'm playing multiplayer more than single player?
I have a firm rule when it comes to games not to indulge myself in MP until I'm done SP and ME3 was the first game to break that spell. The Galactic Readiness incentive helped even though it resulted in it not being consequential anyways.

Firebrand

I should have stocked up on jumbo equipment packs when I had the chance, ran out of medigel and now I'm not getting any more. I feel a bit dirty jumping into silver games and not bringing even 1 medigel, ran a few bronze games with a lowlevel character to grind out some veteran packs but nope, no medigel.

Also wasted my last missiles, lately it seems like every other missile goes right through the floor / enemy without exploding and I have to use a second one.

Abylim

Well, after reading the recent stuff, my urge to play the MP rose. So after 2 weeks of not playing, I popped it in. Wave 6 DC from server.

I want to play dammit, why does this keep happening to me?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Well, after reading the recent stuff, my urge to play the MP rose. So after 2 weeks of not playing, I popped it in. Wave 6 DC from server.

I want to play dammit, why does this keep happening to me?

If you get frequent disconnects you're most likely getting serious packet loss. Grab Pingplotter and run ~1000 pings towards the me3 server(s), see how many packets you're dropping.

If the packets are getting dropped between your PC and wherever your ISP is hitting a backbone you might be able to get them(your ISP) to fix it.

Abylim

Its inconsistent. I can go a day with one or two DC's. Then I play 3 games in a row and I'm DC'd. It happens less frequently when I host, but it takes forever to fill a room sometimes.

I guess I'm just fed up with the roulette server. I find it hard to enjoy playing when I'm worrying if I'll dc this game. And it cant be just my ISP, same problem at my friends house. We both have PS3's, but different ISPs and whatnot.

Maybe its just shitty Australia?

Was a little daring today so I went into a gold lobby. Firebase White with Geth isnt really that hard if you have a Salarian Engineer in your team. Opened up a Premium Spectre pack and got a Asari Adept! But after playing with the Salarain Engineer, I think im gonna stick with him until I do better with another character. Who knows, maybe the Asari Adept may be the perfect choice for me...

I should have stocked up on jumbo equipment packs when I had the chance, ran out of medigel and now I'm not getting any more. I feel a bit dirty jumping into silver games and not bringing even 1 medigel, ran a few bronze games with a lowlevel character to grind out some veteran packs but nope, no medigel.

Also wasted my last missiles, lately it seems like every other missile goes right through the floor / enemy without exploding and I have to use a second one.

You could try buying alot of recruit packs to replenish your medi gel.
If you want to get someone with the rocket launcher, just shoot it down the floor. You dont get harmed by your own missle (I think.)

Mupod

Graal vs. Claymore -- which is "better"?

The answer to your question is Geth Plasma Shotgun.

Seriously though they are practically opposites. Graal is essentially a charge-up sniper rifle with no scope and projectiles that have a travel time. It hits really damn hard but is a very unique weapon. Good on infiltrators. The claymore has insane power but its single shot magazine hobbles it even if you know how to cancel the reload animation. Still a fun weapon for a melee Krogan, for dealing with things like Phantoms.

You could try buying alot of recruit packs to replenish your medi gel.
If you want to get someone with the rocket launcher, just shoot it down the floor. You dont get harmed by your own missle (I think.)

Yep, floor rockets are the way to go. I actually save mine exclusively for two things:

1. My team is dead/dying and surrounded by Geth Pyros or whatever so we can't rez
2. Gold 'kill this target' missions on wave 10 because I want to be absolutely sure I get my 30,000 credits

However lately I've been in some situations like #1 and my rocket apparently misfired, doing nothing. Literally cost us the game last time.

Chocobro

I hope you guys don't mind me posting a few highlights of the night :D I was play with two of my buds.

The three of us went through Gold Cerebus on Firebase White until Wave 8, when a random finally joins our game and we finished. Casting decoy through walls is great; I was setting them on the stairs from the lower level room. We also completed Gold Cerebus on White for a second time of the night, nothing big happened, but why are randoms so god damn awful? They always think the upper level connecting to the landing pad and hallway into the base is a good spot while the rest of us are down on the lower level. They insist on staying there after dying multiple times. Third gold match was on reactor with a great random asari adept (3 maps on gold left).

PSPacks have been treating me pretty well lately! I finally unlocked the Carnifex, Widow, GPS 1-3, and Talon 2. I only have two characters left to unlock (SI, and DV), no biggie. When the PSPacks go away, I think I am going to save up money for future special packs.

Questions: Is it safe to assume a lot of you guys ignore fitness most of the time, for gold? I promoted my AA to get the pistol weight reduction instead of fitness 1-3. I'm also thinking about respec-ing my SE to max out everything except for fitness.

Mupod

Questions: Is it safe to assume a lot of you guys ignore fitness most of the time, for gold? I promoted my AA to get the pistol weight reduction instead of fitness 1-3. I'm also thinking about respec-ing my SE to max out everything except for fitness.

I barely notice any difference in shield strength between my 0 fitness Drell Adept and a 1600 shields Krogan Sentinel on gold. I don't waste points on it anymore.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stoked that the DLC leak turned out to be true. Gonna make that Geth Infiltrator shine.

Top Bottom