• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

massoluk

Banned
Ok, I tried Shotgun Geth Infiltrator for the first time thanks to this thread.

One shot 3 Phantoms in my first game... Feels good, man.

Mindlog

I'm not sure but that may be what was happening. I did notice that a lot of the time the 2nd throw would create an explosion.

I probably shouldn't have played at all considering how bad of a headache I had as it was hard for me to concentrate 100%. I had to check out the DLC though :) The Vorcha seems like a beast from what I saw.
Energy Drain and Overload will apply a Tech Burst over your warp. This means you have to detonate twice before they cast again. Disruptor ammo can do the same thing which is a pretty big problem. It's hard to cast faster than someone shoots.

I'm wondering how well the Vorcha does with a Krysae. AoE + AoE should mean a lot of dead mobs. Flamer/Reager drops bosses like flies.

Some people had really bad luck with Premium Spectre packs. There's a video with one person opening 11 million worth of PSPs and not getting much. I spent less than half that and made out pretty well.
5T00g.png
I'm still sitting on some credits in case a pack comes out next week.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Energy Drain and Overload will apply a Tech Burst over your warp. This means you have to detonate twice before they cast again. Disruptor ammo can do the same thing which is a pretty big problem. It's hard to cast faster than someone shoots.

I'm wondering how well the Vorcha does with a Krysae. AoE + AoE should mean a lot of dead mobs. Flamer/Reager drops bosses like flies.

Some people had really bad luck with Premium Spectre packs. There's a video with one person opening 11 million worth of PSPs and not getting much. I spent less than half that and made out pretty well.

I'm still sitting on some credits in case a pack comes out next week.

No.

Don't.

It seems like a good idea until you realize how hard it is to melee with a Sniper Rifle and how hard it is to shoot and move with that gun.

Victory Pack is up.

X-Frame

I already have a Krysae X and Reeger X and I opened 1 million in PSP's. I had a Krysae VI after my initial shopping spree then opened a couple more and both times had Krysae as both the Rare cards.

So I went from VI to X in two PSP's.

I didn't get much else though. I want GEAR items but I feel if I spam Veteran Packs I'll get a Turian Soldier 9 times out of 10.

Geth Infiltrator with a Claymore feels like cheating. :lol Can't wait to see myself one shotting brutes on silver once i get the weapon to X( (currently STILL at IV). I can do a lot of "kill steals" with that... good thing PC players dont seem to mind about this after hearing some GAF comments about people complaining.

Gethfiltrator with Claymore X has yet to be beaten. If you reload cancel (press Y as soon as you hear the click during the reload animation even though the power is recharging), you can get 2 shots in before the cloak re-cycles. If you have hit your target with the debuff prox mine, that second shot still does just as much damage. Crazy Stupid Powerful.

Nothing can touch it, not even the new DLC classes.

Also, opened the equivalent of 2.2 million worth of credits (combination of credits and money), got 4 sabers, a BW, a scorpion, and a Talon for Ultra Rares, all of them upgrades. I got all new characters except the Human Adept, both rare weapons to X, and quite a bit of new gear. No Harrier.

I did, also, get 6 batarian soldiers, 4 Krogan Battlemasters, 2 Asari Justicars, and other crap like that...

Got that new turian sniper rifle in the Victory pack. Oh yeah !

I can't see my commendation pack yet though...

1.5M to go... Wish me luck

Edit : Javelin from II to III

Got a Black Widow II. Yay ?

Vorcha Senti, Quarian Engi, Human Adept. Yay ?

No Harrier :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
WHAT THE FUCK!?

I tried to open my victory pack, then it told me I got disconnected. Now my multiplayer game has been reset with nothing unlocked.

Now I can't even connect to the multiplayer anymore.

EDIT: Hopefully it's just a connection problem since my unlocks are still there on the manifest.

EDIT: Okay problem is fixed I think.

The Reegar looks and feels like this bad boy here:

district-9-arc-gun-ebay.jpg

Oh baby.

It's not a shotgun. It's an flamethrower that shoots plasma arc. Or something. That melts geth like butter in gold. Oh god it's too good.

Also, Cerberus adept is beastly. Very short range, high risk high reward gameplay but god so satisfying to pull a singularity, then leash enemies into it to create a biotic explosion.

The Krysae Sniper Rifle can 2 shot Phantoms on Gold. Geth Infiltrator, Cloak, Prox mine debuff, shoot twice, EXPLOSION.

So satisfying, and an easy 2000 xp. I can kill 2 Phantoms in 3 shots if they're close enough. Did it at least 3 times last night.

Jafku

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 30, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabotage Power
- Evolution 6 bonus to tech power damage decreased from 100% to 50%

Divvy

Anyone else unable to get into multiplayer? Says I lost the connection to the server.

I had that problem earlier. Someone came up with a solution on the bioware servers that might work. Try going to the actual exe for mass effect and run it as administrator.

Divvy

I've definitely got the patch and the DLC so it's not that I'm not update. Perhaps my update is broken somehow.

Well even if you have the patch, maybe try looking for updates, mine seemed to install something anyways. Either that or try repairing installation.

Divvy

Got the Crusader I

At least it's not the freaking Eagle again!

I'm never going to get the Valiant.

... ? I didn't get a commendation pack? I promoted 4 classes though. :(

Neither did I. I expect they'll come later. At least, I hope so.

Unlocked the Claymore in my victory pack, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I didn't like it in ME2 and I still don't like it now.

Also, played a game on Silver where a soldier with an Avenger X racked up an obscene amount of kills. No idea how he did it.

Xevren

Commendations are sent out in waves I think they said, so if you haven't gotten it yet just wait a bit. Got the Valiant, heard good things about it but I rarely snipe. Got a Carnifex upgrade in the victory pack though, first time I got something other than equipment from them.

Sai

Oh. Well, that's good. :D

Unlocked the Claymore in my victory pack, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I didn't like it in ME2 and I still don't like it now.
It packs a ridiculous punch, and you can double up it's shots while still taking advantage of the cloak damage bonus with that reload glitch.

I understand why it's so popular, I just don't like reloading it after every shot, and the limited ammunition... I do that enough with most snipers. :p

Also, played a game on Silver where a soldier with an Avenger X racked up an obscene amount of kills. No idea how he did it.
The Avenger X is pretty solid. Folks tend to look down on it because it's one of the starters, but the damage it deals is pretty consistent. Feather the trigger, push in the occasional heavy melee to up the weapon damage for a while... My Human Soldier was doing really well with it.

rozay

Banned
Neither did I. I expect they'll come later. At least, I hope so.

When you start killing shielded enemies in gold with a single headshot from a distance, you'll understand. At level 1 the weight makes it difficult to use though.

Stantron

The Krysae Sniper Rifle can 2 shot Phantoms on Gold. Geth Infiltrator, Cloak, Prox mine debuff, shoot twice, EXPLOSION.

So satisfying, and an easy 2000 xp. I can kill 2 Phantoms in 3 shots if they're close enough. Did it at least 3 times last night.

The Krysae is nuts. My GI is spec'ed for +40% sniper damage instead of bonus power while cloaked. 2-shot phantoms on gold, 3-shot max. What's crazy is you don't even need to be precise with aiming for a headshot. Even a shot at their feet does good damage. What's nice is you can shoot over a ledge if they are hiding in cover to knock them out.

The only downside compared to the Valiant is that it armor piercing on Krysae doesn't seem to add more damage to armored targets, so I go with extended mag instead. Also, I can take out Atlases much faster with the Valiant. But it completely wrecks phantoms. o_O

Replicant

Only got both Male Quarians (Infiltrator and Engineer) and Reegar Carbine as well as Indra and finally Geth Plasma Shotgun IX. The rest are just upgrades for both new characters. Spent about 700k. Hope I have better luck with my remaining 1.5m. But I can't buy anything else until I go back home.

EDIT: Forgot to say that the update is up on Euro PSN if you search "Mass Effect 3".

I just spent 200k on the Veteran pack, 10 packs and I haven't got a single sniper, this is Fucked. I just want to upgrade my Mantis.

What's the best way to earn money and what is the better way to spend it? Any suggestions or loop holes? I need good Sniper Rifles.

I just spent 200k on the Veteran pack, 10 packs and I haven't got a single sniper, this is Fucked. I just want to upgrade my Mantis.

What's the best way to earn money and what is the better way to spend it? Any suggestions or loop holes? I need good Sniper Rifles.

To upgrade the Mantis, which is a Common weapon, buy the recruit packs, and lots of them. It's the only thing that will help you level your common weapons super fast.

X-Frame

The Krysae is nuts. My GI is spec'ed for +40% sniper damage instead of bonus power while cloaked. 2-shot phantoms on gold, 3-shot max. What's crazy is you don't even need to be precise with aiming for a headshot. Even a shot at their feet does good damage. What's nice is you can shoot over a ledge if they are hiding in cover to knock them out.

The only downside compared to the Valiant is that it armor piercing on Krysae doesn't seem to add more damage to armored targets, so I go with extended mag instead. Also, I can take out Atlases much faster with the Valiant. But it completely wrecks phantoms. o_O

I love shooting behind or around cover where enemies are hiding which will almost always stagger them. Phantom is taking cover behind a bench? Shoot the wall behind her and she will get up and expose herself for you to take another easy 2 shots.

Love the sniper as well.

Is there a way to respec? Because I have an Asari Vanguard here that's spec'd for soloing waves on Bronze and she's getting curbstomped on Silver, but I don't want to abandon her.

Cat Party

I love shooting behind or around cover where enemies are hiding which will almost always stagger them. Phantom is taking cover behind a bench? Shoot the wall behind her and she will get up and expose herself for you to take another easy 2 shots.

Love the sniper as well.

Yes, the Krysae is so awesome. Instantly became my favorite gun in the game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a way to respec? Because I have an Asari Vanguard here that's spec'd for soloing waves on Bronze and she's getting curbstomped on Silver, but I don't want to abandon her.

If you dont have one of those uncommon respec card that you get from the packs, you can promote your class if its already lvl 20. You'll go back to lvl 1 and get a free +10 N7 rating and can start lvling up again.

If you dont have one of those uncommon respec card that you get from the packs, you can promote your class if its already lvl 20. You'll go back to lvl 1 and get a free +10 N7 rating and can start lvling up again.

Sweet, good to know.

This multiplayer is insanely repetitive, but so damn addicting

Bisnic

Sweet, good to know.

This multiplayer is insanely repetitive, but so damn addicting

Yes, the gameplay of ME3 is good enough for me to never get tired of playing it, there is something that makes it quite addicting yeah. And with a team of 4, it's just makes it more fun than playing alone with npcs in the campaign.

Mindlog

Neat. GAF is up.
I got a Crusader II in my Commendation Pack :\

I can confirm that Reager/Flamethrower works together. You just trigger the Reager right before hitting your power button. It's part of why I was so high on the combo earlier, but I didn't think it would get spread around so quickly.

I'm starting to spam veteran packs to get my common mods upgraded. I'm up to Assault Rifle IV.
*Slam then Lash amuses me. Fly!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I bought 2 PSP's, and not ONE single new DLC item, not even a new piece of equipment.

I usually get good luck with my packages, but I've gotten nothing but old characters and useless old weapons, non-DLC even. I saved up another 200k or so and I'll try my luck again tomorrow. I got a good feeling that it has to do with my characters being promoted and being at Level 1 again.

Speaking of promoted, I had that promotion glitch for the first time where the character has -82 points, is Level 1, but still has all the points and weapons in place like they were before the promotion. It only happened on one character, and that character happened to be my Geth Infiltrator set to be a melee destroyer. So here I am on Silver, with a so-called Level 1 GI, just obliterating everything in my way, in first place - my teammates were probably wondering how I was pulling it of, hahaha...

Bisnic

Still no word on the Operation success of failure, eh?

Must be busy workin on dat ending

Well, i got both the Victory and Commendation packs, so we obviously won the operation. Although it was a pretty easy one compared to the 3 millions banshees.

Top Bottom