• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

krakov

The goddamn sprite errors are getting out of control. After round 1 almost every single explosion (even biotic) have that black square around them like the alpha channel isn't working. They barely changed anything this patch (and didn't even fix most of the things they said they did) how did they manage to break RENDERING?

Yeah this was very apparent to me the other night as well. Felt like playing an old lightgun game.

They really broke a lot of stuff. I'm dying from a single shot after using ops survival packs as if the game isn't aware that I have health+shields, and probably the most annoying glitch is where I am still at minimum health but the red haze and noise disappears. Can't tell how close I am to death and end up dying from doing something I shouldn't have.
yep, same stuff happened to me. used an ops pack and died in 1 hit. at the worst moment too, for the team.. made me go "FUCK!"

also i had the opposite of your mininum health glitch, because i had full health yet had the red haze and blood splatter on my screen for like 40-60 seconds... very annoying.

new patch please, and TEST your shit before you release it Bioware.

Melchiah

Came here to post this. It's good in some ways, bad in that I have that much less time to restock grenades on my drell.

You can get grenades from the ammo boxes?! Mind blown. And to think I've always overlooked the grenade skills due to their limited amount.

heh i've only had enough credits since the DLC to buy 4 or 5 regular spectre packs yet i already got the Cerberus Vanguard and now the Vorcha Sentinel, yay my luck! how do i spec this Vorcha bad boy?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The long awaited patch made the game worse? What a shame. BioWare's QA dept is truly horrible.

Thought i heard that they have to send patches to Microsoft & Sony so they can do their own tests before releasing them on their consoles, explaining why it took nearly 3 months for it. Aren't all three of them to blame if this is true?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Too bad Reegar Carbine is not so good vs armor and fire range sucks. Could have been the best gun.

It works armor just fine. I've playing the asshole way and throwing AP rounds on it too. (Mine is X though, and at that point it just obliterates everything)

I'm kinda curios regarding what would happen if you were to throw an elemental on it though.

Stantron

They really broke a lot of stuff. I'm dying from a single shot after using ops survival packs as if the game isn't aware that I have health+shields, and probably the most annoying glitch is where I am still at minimum health but the red haze and noise disappears. Can't tell how close I am to death and end up dying from doing something I shouldn't have.

The patch was supposed to fix this. :/

Dreamer RD

It works armor just fine. I've playing the asshole way and throwing AP rounds on it too. (Mine is X though, and at that point it just obliterates everything)

I'm kinda curios regarding what would happen if you were to throw an elemental on it though.

Mine is X too, gonna try with AP ammo then.
Da fuck with PS3 community? Hard to gather full lobby after the DLC release.

Does anyone have problems with enemies seeing you while you are cloaked? I dont know how many times I use my cloak and the enemy keeps following me and shoots me like I wasnt even in cloak. :-( Wonder if its a bug with the PS3 version?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Does anyone have problems with enemies seeing you while you are cloaked? I dont know how many times I use my cloak and the enemy keeps following me and shoots me like I wasnt even in cloak. :-( Wonder if its a bug with the PS3 version?

It happens quite often. Cloak detection has always been super janky. Cloak can pretty much completely not work if you're the last person standing.

X-Frame

Mine is X too, gonna try with AP ammo then.
Da fuck with PS3 community? Hard to gather full lobby after the DLC release.

It's okay vs. armor but apparently with the AP mod it tears through armor as fast as shields.

And the post-patch matchmaking matches you by N7 number now which is why it takes so much longer.

Bisnic

It's okay vs. armor but apparently with the AP mod it tears through armor as fast as shields.

And the post-patch matchmaking matches you by N7 number now which is why it takes so much longer.

I'm not so sure that's true, my rank is 388, and i was put with a bunch of people below 100 yesterday, and even people above 1000.

Mindlog

The Krysae is going to get nerfed to hell. I really don't know what they were thinking with this thing. If a decent Infiltrator with a Krysae is covering a choke then nothing is getting through.

If you have a Krysae don't bother Geth Farming. Just go Random/Cerberus/Gold. It's easier and faster.

Unless of course you combine Geth Farming with the Krysae @_@

Replicant

Is the function to use ops survival pack broken or something? Before the patch, I can just easily press right and it'll automatically work. Now, sometimes pressing right doesn't work at all. So sometimes you end up pressing it again and instead consumes 2. WTF, Bioware?!

yep, same stuff happened to me. used an ops pack and died in 1 hit. at the worst moment too, for the team.. made me go "FUCK!"

Yup, that happened to me as well on top of the above problem.

I tried the Krysae once, and enjoyed it well enough, but I'd probably still take a valiant. Of course, that's valiant 1 versus Krysae 1, maybe the picture changes when the Krysae is fully upgraded. All that being said, I'm pretty much fully commited to sticking my Claymore on any infiltrator I play.

On that subject, I've swapped out the Geth for the Male Quarian infiltrator. It's probably not actually better, but it has amazing burst damage with arc grenades, which you can apparently spam endlessly from cloak without it dropping, and as an added bonus, I don't have to make my tv spit bloody murder at my eyes to play the Quarian. Yay!

Played a few games with my Valiant Quarian Infiltrator (now my highest-level class since I promoted everything else). Was playing with a Vorcha who just clawed everything to death.

On one of the new maps I saw the "take the package to the extraction zone". So easy.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't know if this has been confirmed yet or if I'm just tripping

But does the Krysae splash damage increase with headshots? I swear it does...

rozay

Banned
You can get grenades from the ammo boxes?! Mind blown. And to think I've always overlooked the grenade skills due to their limited amount.
Cluster, frag and arc grenades are incredibly strong and easily worth points in the classes that use them. Grenades pop up in boxes but there's a time limit before more show up in a single box that gets increased with difficulty. Ideally as you play on gold you should run in a path that allows you to pass ammo boxes around the whole map.

I'm not so sure that's true, my rank is 388, and i was put with a bunch of people below 100 yesterday, and even people above 1000.
I think someone mentioned that a bioware employee confirmed a change in the matchmaking in 1.03. It's definitely not a coincidence that I'm getting into matches with everyone at N7 levels 400-500.

you guys have the weekend to enjoy the Krysae before it gets nerfed and I would advise you all to do so, the reegar probably won't be touched without making the gun utterly useless.

Krysae is easily the strongest weapon in the game. Enjoy it before it inevitably gets nerfed next Tuesday!

4 Krysae SR Infiltrators on RRG gave us Reaper, Firebase White, Gold. Time to extraction: 20 minutes, no rockets. No one could come down the stairs unless there were multiple banshees coming in. Even then, we would murder everything so super fast, it was awesome. Shreds through armor.

Xevren

Only nerf I can see with the Reegar is a nerf to the Vorcha so they can't fire both the Reegar and the Flamer at the same time. But god damn it's fun.

rozay

Banned
Only nerf I can see with the Reegar is a nerf to the Vorcha so they can't fire both the Reegar and the Flamer at the same time. But god damn it's fun.
I'm not sure if that can be fixed without a patch, hence why nerfing the skill or the reegar individually would just make one or the other utterly useless.

Dave_6

Krysae is easily the strongest weapon in the game. Enjoy it before it inevitably gets nerfed next Tuesday!

4 Krysae SR Infiltrators on RRG gave us Reaper, Firebase White, Gold. Time to extraction: 20 minutes, no rockets. No one could come down the stairs unless there were multiple banshees coming in. Even then, we would murder everything so super fast, it was awesome. Shreds through armor.

Too bad I'll probably never get it before then!

Mindlog

I don't know if this has been confirmed yet or if I'm just tripping

But does the Krysae splash damage increase with headshots? I swear it does...
I noticed weird damage bonuses and couldn't really figure it out. That would make the most sense. When you land a headshot the bonus applies to the explosion.
Has anyone noticed ur equipment stays on longer? Like I equip ammo etc and it stays on multiple missions?
Yeah, there's something weird going on. It's not just gear that carries over sometimes. I can't tell if it's re-applying the same equipment or if my equipment is carrying over.

I'm guessing the Krysae will become a single shot weapon.

Bisnic

Is the best way to get Uncommon Gear is by spamming Vet Packs?

You still get uncommon gear from premium spectre and spectre packs, so i dont see why you would want to buy veteran packs and missing on gold weapons/characters/gear. Sure its faster with veteran packs since they're cheaper, but i personally wouldn't want to miss gold items.

rozay

Banned
You still get uncommon gear from premium spectre and spectre packs, so i dont see why you would want to buy veteran packs and missing on gold weapons/characters/gear. Sure its faster with veteran packs since they're cheaper, but i personally wouldn't want to miss gold items.
Unless they changed the drop rates, I rarely got silvers in regular spectres and at most 1 in premium spectre packs. If he wants mattock upgrades, 99k for 1 silver item isn't a great way to get there.

Bisnic

Unless they changed the drop rates, I rarely got silvers in regular spectres and at most 1 in premium spectre packs. If he wants mattock upgrades, 99k for 1 silver item isn't a great way to get there.

True, i would really want to get my Mattock to X(currently at VII) and quickly get uncommon gear, but then i also want to get my Claymore and Carnifex(both at V) to that rank too. Plus, there is all new gold stuff they added in the last patch. It's a big dilemma for me. :(

Sai

True, i would really want to get my Mattock to X(currently at VII) and quickly get uncommon gear, but then i also want to get my Claymore and Carnifex(both at V) to that rank too. Plus, there is all new gold stuff they added in the last patch. It's a big dilemma for me. :(
I've started concentrating on purchasing veteran packs for this reason. If you get the uncommon stuff out of the way, you up your chances of getting the rare goodies you want when you get a spectre/premium spectre pack.

... Those chances would only increase if they stopped dropping cards for characters you already have at Lv20 with all of their appearance options unlocked. But, I suppose that would be asking too much of Bioware. ;P

Anyways, I don't have too many uncommon items left at this point: Phaeston V, Vindicator VI, Raptor VII, Viper VII, Scimitar IX, Phalanx IV, Locust V, Tempest VIII.

rozay

Banned
I've started concentrating on purchasing veteran packs for this reason. If you get the uncommon stuff out of the way, you up your chances of getting the rare goodies you want when you get a spectre/premium spectre pack.

... Those chances would only increase if they stopped dropping cards for characters you already have at Lv20 with all of their appearance options unlocked. But, I suppose that would be asking too much of Bioware. ;P

Anyways, I don't have that many uncommon items left at this point.
But you always get a rare from a spectre/2 from a premium spectre. There isn't much point to spamming veterans unless you want characters/guns from those or want those+medigel/missiles, and now we have equipment packs to cover the latter.

Don't forget the 11 new uncommon equipment mods, with 5 levels each!

Sai

There isn't much point to spamming veterans unless you want characters/guns from those
Well, yeah. And I have been running low on supplies as of late, so I'm kind of knocking out two or three birds with one stone by concentrating on veteran packs.

Plus, they're only 20k credits, I can snag like 3-4 of 'em in one go.

Don't forget the 11 new uncommon equipment mods, with 5 levels each!
Ack! Forgot about those! I've only gotten two thus far. :/

I was able to get the weapon mods out of the way pretty fast. Hopefully I have the same kind of luck with the equipment mods.

Bisnic

I guess i should buy veteran packs then.... my medigels and missiles are a bit too low in numbers too and 3 of them for 20k would help at the same time.... With only 28 medigels and 40 missiles left, i tend to not use them that much.

Meanwhile, i got 230 fucking ammo packs!

metalshade

where are you guys getting that table of weapons and mods and things, so that you can keep track of you golds/N7's etc etc?
It looks snazzy and I want a way to keep tabs on my stuff.

holy shit is the vorcha sentinal amazing.

im just running around geth primes laughing in there face as i burn their shields off and beat them to death. they cant even touch my health. by far the most fun class i have ever used.

EDIT: going to rename him to shredder

Got it today and I don't like it. Still takes 2-3 shots to take down a shielded opponent. It shoots like some weird sniper grenade launcher hybrid and kinda sucks for long range because of the travel time. The splash damage is nice, but that's about all I liked about it. I'm still waiting to finally be able to upgrade my Arc pistol. I keep getting Carnifex upgrades, but no Arc pistols.

exYle

Got it today and I don't like it. Still takes 2-3 shots to take down a shielded opponent. It shoots like some weird sniper grenade launcher hybrid and kinda sucks for long range because of the travel time. The splash damage is nice, but that's about all I liked about it. I'm still waiting to finally be able to upgrade my Arc pistol. I keep getting Carnifex upgrades, but no Arc pistols.

This is the strangest complaint I've ever heard.

Top Bottom