• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Any snipers better than the default? I have found three, but they all kind of suck. Bigger cartridge trade off for shit damage. As an Inflitrator I need to make each shot count anyways, as I drop cover.

Anybody else just do the sniper rifle? I find the SMG to be pretty shit, and the assault rifle is just too heavy. I find melee to be a better complement, although much riskier outside of bronze.

If I can get the Black Widow or the Javelin I won't run around with any other weapon on my Infiltrator or Sentinel. I loved those sniper rifles in the campaign.

Edgeward

I really fucking hate how you don't get anything if you lose connection to EA servers. Especially when you were on wave 10. Fucking fuck fuck

Any snipers better than the default? I have found three, but they all kind of suck. Bigger cartridge trade off for shit damage. As an Inflitrator I need to make each shot count anyways, as I drop cover.

If you're going for one shot kills, the Widow is an upgrade to the Mantis, and very good on armor. Only drawback is lower ammo count and higher weight.

Anybody else just do the sniper rifle? I find the SMG to be pretty shit, and the assault rifle is just too heavy. I find melee to be a better complement, although much riskier outside of bronze.

Might try an Adept soon, as they seem interesting.

Trying to solo a banshee is LOL, by the way, even on silver. I almost took one down (along with about 10 other reapers, but I backed myself into a corner to get ammo and got stuck trying to sprint away. Hard to line up a shot when you only get one chance and it teleports so quickly.

What is different about gold?
On silver, for example, you don't automatically get ammo at the beginning of each wave, what makes gold more difficult?
More enemies? More shields? Less damage? Is there any additional punishment?

I have only managed to beat silver once, but I can't complain too much as I'm playing with randoms and I'm not amazing myself. I fucking dominate in bronze, but I can't play as reckless in silver, I guess, so I put up fewer points or I will get killed quickly.

The Viper one it gets to like rank 6 becomes better then the Mantis IMO. Its damage becomes high enough that it will kill the basic enemies in one hit and still has some speed. Obviously both versions of the Widow are better as is the Javelin.

On Gold you only regens one health bubble between each wave as opposed to the full thing. Besides the enemies being stronger there are a bunch more and things like Banshees, Mechs, and Primes spawn in threes on the last three waves. They also start spawning far earlier. The jump of from silver to Gold is far more severe then bronze to silver.

Mindlog

I snagged two Spectre packs.
First one got me the missile carry upgrade (awesome) and the Disciple. I hated the Disciple at first, but after getting used to it I like it.
Second one got me a bunch of stuff and a Geth Plasma Shotgun. Goddamnit.

2 rare shotguns. I rarely use shotguns.

DarkKyo

God damnit. Opened soooo many vet packs and a spectre pack and I'm not ever getting characters. Are they really this rare? I want my Turian soldier already.

gaf: blainethemono
origin: nikulid

started playing this today with a friend with the intention of just playing for a while and checking it out. ended up playing until i had 100% galaxy readiness

God damnit. Opened soooo many vet packs and a spectre pack and I'm not ever getting characters. Are they really this rare? I want my Turian soldier already.

You want to trade I've managed to unlock every single class except the two Krogans and I have one gold weapon a damn geth pulse rifle. I might be playing mine wrong but I really don;t think the Turian soldier is all that great. I do way better with the other classes.

eek5

You want to trade I've managed to unlock every single class except the two Krogans and I have one gold weapon a damn geth pulse rifle. I might be playing mine wrong but I really don;t think the Turian soldier is all that great. I do way better with the other classes.

The only cool thing is the proximity mines that you can spam

you can get a lot of doubles/triples/quads when enemies group up on some of the maps

soldier in general does not seem that great though

Petrie

Banned
The Salarian Engie destorys the Geth, but seems useless vs. The other factions. Any other class/race combos that have a specific group they seem designed for?

DTKT

Playing on Bronze, I feel so bad for my teammates. I'm just charging around kill everything that they are just left with the scraps. :|

DarkKyo

WTF? You don't mean literally right? You can't trade.

WTF? You don't mean literally right? You can't trade.

No I'm not being literal. I was just having some fun I do have all the classes except Krogan though. oh to rub salt in the wound I've picked up two Soldier Turians :p.

I played a couple of matches with a Turian Sentinel wow overload with the chain effect is amazing. I haven't done a geth round with one yet but that has to be great.

Do we have to play multiplayer to get 100% readiness? What's the minimum readiness required to see the best ending.

I tried a bit of multiplayer but couldn't get into it.

Ken

Haha yeah you had a bit of bad luck with those last match. But good games, dude. I'm glad that we're finally winning some games on Silver haha.
After the second or third time, I made sure there was no banshee before charging at the husks. Before I connected with the husk, the banshee warped in front of it and I got impaled.

Kind of want to level my soldier but I have no idea how to make him any good for silver/gold.

Yaska

So 2 rounds where I got bugged out as infiltrator. Wouldn't take any damage, wouldn't do any damage (would still get assist points if I shot an enemy) couldn't take any ammo or interact with objects and enemy couldn't even target me.
Easy rounds, but boring as hell.

eek5

I opened a couple spectre packs. Man they are fucking hit or miss. I keep getting +100k xp char cards that I already have which is useless to me. I think I'm going to switch back to veteran packs to unlock more characters.

I switched from SMG to sniper on my quarian infiltrator and it made geth/gold matches a ton easier. Feels good man. Even though I speced it out wrong I still do a ton of damage with my shit sniper (seriously why can't I get any sniper cards!?). I actually did the use a power while cloaked instead of 40% dmg w/ snipers but it worked out because I can cloak, zoom in, then sabotage and fire at the same time then get cover and wait for cloak to regen. Pretty awesome.

Added a random person today too that plays really well. We got through two golds before he had to go. Dude has 4 med kit slots ;_; I still haven't gotten any of those from spectre. I feel so ripped off.

FGMPR

Banned

I've only unlocked one spectre pack and managed to get a Drell character. I figured they just came with the spectre packs and weren't a big deal.

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
Had enough time for 1 match yesterday, played my level 4 Human Vanguard with the Disciple vs. Geth. Managed to save the day a couple times because people dont stay in the hacking circle...

Reviving myself, fending off a Geth Prime and what seemed like 4 pyros and 2 hunters all in my Hacking circle, while the high score Turian Sentinel was across the map farming points on spawns. The other two members of the party were dead somewhere between the two of us. Yeah, stay in the freakin circle people!

I've had absolute crap luck getting anything but shotguns and sniper rifles, when I really prefer a good Assault Rifle or a new Race/Class combo would be great! Very much considering spending some of my PSN wallet on a Specre pack or two just to see if real money has any better luck :p

eek5

Had enough time for 1 match yesterday, played my level 4 Human Vanguard with the Disciple vs. Geth. Managed to save the day a couple times because people dont stay in the hacking circle...

Reviving myself, fending off a Geth Prime and what seemed like 4 pyros and 2 hunters all in my Hacking circle, while the high score Turian Sentinel was across the map farming points on spawns. The other two members of the party were dead somewhere between the two of us. Yeah, stay in the freakin circle people!

I've had absolute crap luck getting anything but shotguns and sniper rifles, when I really prefer a good Assault Rifle or a new Race/Class combo would be great! Very much considering spending some of my PSN wallet on a Specre pack or two just to see if real money has any better luck :p

I don't think a lot of people realize that everyone's scores are added up at the end and everyone gets that total as their round XP. People get all competitive and greedy with revives/hacking/etc and such for no good reason. The biggest goal should be to get through the last money round at the very least

wwm0nkey

263px-Graal.png

This gun.....is fucking death in its purest form. Its pretty much a sniper.

I figured out how to break the game and I'm curious if anyone else does this yet:

1.) Play a soldier
2.) Only carry a pistol (works best with scope)
3.) Spec cooldown and damage on concussive shot
4.) Infinite rocket launcher that fires every two seconds

I can hold off entire waves with my back again the wall.

Moaradin

So how long does it take to go from 50% readiness(default) to 100% with Multiplayer? I've been playing only SP and I'm nearing the end so I want the best possible save. I know I'll like MP since I loved it in the demo, so I was planning on playing it anyways.

FGMPR

Banned
So how long does it take to go from 50% readiness(default) to 100% with Multiplayer? I've been playing only SP and I'm nearing the end so I want the best possible save. I know I'll like MP since I loved it in the demo, so I was planning on playing it anyways.

I'm at 75% (I think...) and it's probably taken me 2 hours or so of co-op, for what its worth.

ugh this game, I join a silver match with 3 other people, select some ammo to use, game starts then instantly as we begin the host quits, wastes my ammo bonus :/

Some of this stuff is just amateur.

Top Bottom