• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Shooting in Clovis NM (4 injured; 2 dead)

Media

This is basically my home town so I got word. Will post more information as I get it.

Maybe more people will be interested if I mention this town is where Hell or High Water was filmed?

CLOVIS, NM (KRQE) - Several people have been killed and several others have been injured in a shooting at a Clovis library, according to the Eastern New Mexico News.

Police surrounded the library just after 4 p.m.

According to police scanner traffic, air ambulances have been dispatched and at least one victim was taken to the Clovis airport.

This is a developing story.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...uries-in-shooting-at-clovis-library/800283740

Nothing like this has EVER Happened in my home area. Calling my family now.

A friend posted :

UPDATE: CLOVIS — Multiple people have been killed and injured in a shooting at the Clovis-Carver Public Library, a police spokesman confirmed at 4:40 p.m.
Capt. Roman Romero did not provide additional information.
Police surrounded the library a few minutes after 4.
Police scanner traffic reported air ambulances have been dispatched at at least one victim has been taken to Clovis Municipal Airport. One scanner report said a victim was in a closet at the library and seeking medical attention.
Vanessa Aguirre said she was in the library with her son when a man came in and “started to shoot” into the air.
“It all happened so fast,” she said. “We took off fast. My purse is still in there.”
Aguirre said she did not see anyone shot, but the shooter was still in the library when she left.
Kim Tipton, who was in the American Classified building across the street from the library, said she saw multiple police arrive.
“Their guns were drawn, AK-whatever they were, they were drawn,” she said.

Update: four injured, some critical, two dead
Update 2: police haven't released anything on the suspect but being a small community and that there is pictures of him being arrested he was identified very quickly on social media. Rumors are he's a sixteen year old kid that was suspended for from school in Friday

Facebook screen shots I've seen are ae him him just talking about God and stuff, no creepy posts

Media

UNCONFIRMED:
My mom said there are at least nine people wounded, multiple fatalities.
ALSO UNCONFIRMED: Edit: CONFIRMED Another friend said she heard the suspect was in custody.
Have a friend who's a sherrifs deputy there will see if he can talk to me.

always a sickening feeling seeing news like this.. way too often these days :/ every goddamn week its something. make it stop already please.

hope the survivors pull through and the attacker is dealt with swiftly and that i never learn his name (you just know its a dude)...

Media

Suspect:

21122346_1377112419052782_6985088293127326481_o.jpg

Source:

https://m.facebook.com/theeasternnewmexiconews/

MegaMelon

Unless he willingly surrendered I don't see how the police could've got him alive and seemingly not injured. Makes me wonder what his reason for this was.

Media

A friend was walking outside the library when she heard a ton of shots and people screaming. If you see a shaky cam video of police outside a brown building that was hers.
Stay safe Media.

I'm in Illinois right now, but grew up right outside of Clovis, have a ton of friends and family there.

RPGCrazied

He is, if it's the guy that was identified in that local newspaper facebook page.

Hopefully it's him, because it has a link to his GF as well who is only 16. Hope it's not a case of mistaken identity

Doing some reading, he is a sophomore in high school. Yikes, his life is over.

I'm sending well wishes to the Clovis community.

From the picture posted in this thread it looks like they captured him alive. Is there talk of a motive?

Media

I'm sending well wishes to the Clovis community.

From the picture posted in this thread it looks like they captured him alive. Is there talk of a motive?

The cops are being very tight lipped apparently, I can't even get a confirmed causality count, and I know someone who was actually there. I guess we have to wait for more info and I'll keep updating with what locals tell me.

III-V

I hate this active shooter/attacker bullshit. WTF is wrong with people.

I am reading 2 dead and 4 people injured.

Westonian

I know so many people in Clovis. Our company has a branch office there. I feel sick to my stomach. Is it selfish to hope no one I know was among the victims?

Media

I know so many people in Clovis. Our company has a branch office there. I feel sick to my stomach. Is it selfish to hope no one I know was among the victims?

I'm hoping the same and being heart broken over it at the same time. Fuck. My little area :(

Media

My deputy friend is okay but obviously too busy to talk at the moment. Heard from his sister. That's a relief at least. I wish they would give us more information.

Top Bottom