• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masterchef: The Professionals (UK)

Tams

Has anyone else been watching this?

I think the right person 'just' won, and their last menu wasn't too utterly out there. All the menus were interesting though.

The first round technical challenges were still the best. That's where you really get to see which chefs have talent.

I do think I'll kick a kitten if I hear 'Basil oil split with...' again though.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don’t like the master chef format. I tried to watch the American one and it was just dumb.

I like great British baking though.

Ammogeddon

Love Masterchef Professionals. I’m not normally into reality shows but I love watching chefs at the top of their game. I watch it every year without fail. I liked it more when Michel Roux was the judge, Marcus is alright though. So glad Monica is back, love her.

The right person won this year, they were my favourite too. They were so consistent. Generally though, it was a strong year with plenty of great cooks.

Sybrix

Yeah, i loved it, right person won.

The UK versions of all shows are the best.

Kitchen Nightmares is a good example, the UK version is a really authentic fascenating documentary where Ramsey actully goes in to fix the issues and cares for the resturant and staff.

The US version is idiotic, so over dramatized, every scene has a bed of music playing under it to let the audience know how they should feel (are Americans that stupid that they need musical prompt for their feelings?) and it's so staged.

Same with the US version of MasterChef, Ramsey proper goes full American caricature of himself on that show.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Yeah, i loved it, right person won.

The UK versions of all shows are the best.

Kitchen Nightmares is a good example, the UK version is a really authentic fascenating documentary where Ramsey actully goes in to fix the issues and cares for the resturant and staff.

The US version is idiotic, so over dramatized, every scene has a bed of music playing under it to let the audience know how they should feel (are Americans that stupid that they need musical prompt for their feelings?) and it's so staged.

Same with the US version of MasterChef, Ramsey proper goes full American caricature of himself on that show.
In the US SHOWS they put a narrator too. explaining over and over what is going on. And I hate it. They think their audience is dumb and they are right.

Jinzo Prime

Bro, when it comes to food France wins by default. In French version they have 3-star Michelin chef as a judge, different one each week. That is how many there are in France.
So a French company gives French restaurants more stars than any other country? How shocking.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think it’s Tokyo that has the most…

There’s a discussion to be had in regards to how densely they cover a territory with reviewers. Spain is next to France and until Adriá showed up 90’s guides were thin outside big cities. And even then!

Last edited:
Top Bottom