• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matterfall - E3 2017 trailer

JP

Really surprised that this is turning so quickly after Nex Machina, I've pre-ordered both now.

The first time I watched the trailer I was slightly concerned that it would be something like Outland, which certainly wasn't a bad game but it never really felt like a proper Housmarque game to me. It was still decent but the Housemarque game that I enjoyed the least.

This very much looks like a full Housemarque game and like it could possibly stand toe to toe with their best work. Really looking forward to it, Housemarque are one of the few studios that actually get their own folder on the PS4.

Was hoping for more Outland-ish, this looks level based, oh well.

Likewise, as I think Outland is their best game, by far. But I'll take this, too, seeing as Housemarque is probably the only developer that's still making the games that I loved growing up as a kid and still love to this day.

Wozman23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_7pwL66Ns&t=0s

10 min gameplay. yeah, glad I pre-ordered, looks impressive and really Housemarque-y.

The initial trailer looked solid, but this looks like the typical insanity I expect from Housemarque. Looks to have quite a bit of depth, the weapons shown so far are insane - especially the Seeker - and the shard-tech is a cool progression of the voxel-tech.

I claimed the |OT| last night after I already started toying around with thematic ideas for it to introduce at the end of the Nex Machina |OT|.

lcap

Hmm, so, not voxel based huh (confirmed on stream just now) funny how it really seems so and how they seem to be pushing it with Nex Machina.

Seems to me that Nex Machina is their A team and this their B team, but that's just the impression, can't wait for both.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Outland is my personal best and favorite Housemarque game followed by Alienation and Dead Nation. Less than a week for Nex Machina and in two months, Matterfall. More hyped for Matterfall than I am Nex Machina but both are pre-ordered as I love Housemarque!!!

Shin-Ra

Looks like this'll be releasing next month as expected!

https://twitter.com/IlariHMQ/status/882562392265297921
Ilari Kuittinen&#8207 said:
Our #Matterfall team is having a doughnut break. Only 5 days to shipping the gold master! And #NexMachina just shipped! @Housemarque

DD987PhXoAI7ZIR.png:orig

Shin-Ra

August is looking like a (update: very) busy month for me.

August 16: Matterfall
August 23: Uncharted The Lost Legacy
August 29: Yakuza Kiwami
August 30: Last Day of June

edit: After Alienation and Nex Machina, I'm glad this is back to the closer, side-perspective. It's easier to track what's going on.

August is looking like a busy month for me.

August 16: Matterfall
August 23: Uncharted The Lost Legacy
August 30: Last Day of June

edit: After Alienation and Nex Machina, I'm glad this is back to the closer, side-perspective. It's easier to track what's going on.

What about Hellblade?

Shin-Ra

The only UK retailer with a Blu-ray listing I've found is GAME, with a placeholder £50 and no box shot.

Shin-Ra

Is this a "bigger budget" release?
Because it comes physical on day one and is full price.

Pre ordered, of course.
Nope, only SIEE are confirmed to be doing the Blu-ray release and it should be the usual $19.99/€19.99/£15.99 price level without discounts.

Woodchipper

Sony should acquire this studio already. I played Resogun again just the other day, and it's still loads of fun.

Can't wait for this!

Matterfall, Sonic Mania and Cities: Skylines all release on the same day. Then Uncharted the next week. SHIT!

Matterfall and Sonic Mania are both likely Day 1 purchases, and Uncharted is already pre-ordered, so I'll likely wait for Cities. But still, August is one of the busiest months for me.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sony should acquire this studio already. I played Resogun again just the other day, and it's still loads of fun.

Can't wait for this!
Not every studio wants to be acquired. Giving up control of your own destiny isn't necessarily worth the potential for additional support.

Top Bottom