• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 1+2 Remakes Will "Bring Them Upto Modern Standards" & Combine Both Games Together

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

In an interview with VGC, we asked Sam Lake about the remakes, and how Remedy’s initial announcement suggested it was going to be a significant undertaking.

Lake replied that the project is indeed a large one, with a lot of work involved.

“It is a significant undertaking in the sense that even if they are old games, just thinking about bringing them up to modern standards and combining them into one, you can see that it’s a big, big project,” he explained.

Upon being asked if he would be reprising his role as Max from the first game, Lake laughed.

“No comment!” he replied. “That’s going too far.”

Remedy announced back in April 2022 that it was starting work on remakes of the first two Max Payne games.

The games will be sold together as a single package and will be released on Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5 and PC.

ThisIsMyDog

marie-kondo-spark-joy.gif

Senua

Upon being asked if he would be reprising his role as Max from the first game, Lake laughed.

“No comment!” he replied. “That’s going too far.”
Preorder cancelled

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Cannot wait to see this. Such great memories of this franchise on PC back in the day. Dark, gritty, violent. Obviously you had Doom, quake etc. before this. But Max Payne really hit me when I was younger and probably shouldn’t have been playing this, about how video games can tell incredible stories and make you really “feel” what the character is feeling.

As a parent now, even though it’s a game, the narrative is a true nightmare.

baby scene was some haunting shit
0VuXqov.jpg

Last edited:
Welp there goes any interest I had in these. Thank god for original game installs. They better sell it as a separate library entry I swear to god I hate these forced updates that ruin the legacy versions.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Hmm, I really hated the changes on the bullet time mechanic on the second entry, so I wonder what they consider modern. Also kinda worried if they will touch the comics.

YCoCg

makaveli60

Hot damn! With the superb Control, Alan Wake 2 and now this Remedy is on the way to be among the best gaming studios ever. Actually they already are

ReBurn

Gold Member
I recall ruminating on how quickly I finished the first two games and questioning their value for the price. I was told that if I finished them within a few hours I was playing them wrong. I still sometimes think about that and what it means.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I don't know if it's stupid or not but I do remember when I was a teenager and playing Max Payne 2 for the 4500th time, there was this one room in one of the penthouse suites that looked cozy AF, and I remember thinking to myself something along the lines of "man, these digs are dope AF, finna get me one of those for myself when I grow up."

And then I grew up and never got an apartment as cozy as the one from the game, but they'd better remaster that fucking shit right, or else!

Top Bottom