• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Launch Trailer

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks/sounds good. Still feels weird that an MP game is coming not made by Remedy.

Also, I just realized this will be the first R* game with decent looking character models. Seems quite impressive in that regard actually, even though the trailer never seems to show any scene with characters for more than two seconds.

Zweisy1

Looks absolutely brilliant. Cant wait to get my hands on the game. that theme music is such a nostalgia kick in the face.

Is it just or did Max's monologue not seem nearly as interestingly written as the stuff in the first 2 games? Oh well, its just a little glimpse of it I know.

I know it's gonna be a damn good, solid game.. my biggest and only worry is if it's gonna lack the charm of Max Payne 2.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is it just or did Max's monologue not seem nearly as interestingly written as the stuff in the first 2 games? Oh well, its just a little glimpse of it I know.
It's not just you. It definitely seems more conservative and less creative. Even if Sam Lake would often push creative into cheesy directions, it would still bring up a smile from me.

Blutonium

Bring out yer GIFs!

launchgifgjx9u.gif

Zweisy1

It's not just you. It definitely seems more conservative and less creative. Even if Sam Lake would often push creative into cheesy directions, it would still often bring up a smile from me.

Exactly. That was a massive part of what made Max Payne 1 & 2 such memorable experiences for me. The great, occasionally cheesy writing, those humorous tv shows and adverts in MP2 etc..

dmshaposv

Meh editing and shots, but saved by the amazing original theme.

Games series should never discard there main theme. It really sucks Kojima decided to dump the main MGS theme after MGS3 onwards...I know why, but still it sucks.

5amshift

Banned
Launch trailer didn't look that amazing if you have been following all the other videos. Still obviously buying it, but more action could have been thrown in.

Fjordson

So good. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

I love how on almost every Max Payne video on youtube there are comments saying that it sucks and that they want GTAV and then someone responding to it telling them to shut the fuck up.
Lmao, yeah, this happens on R*'s official site as well in the comments. Always entertaining.

I know it's gonna be a damn good, solid game.. my biggest and only worry is if it's gonna lack the charm of Max Payne 2.
After catching a good hour of a live stream yesterday, I didn't find it to be any less interesting. Not as cheesy and more serious, but not uninteresting. I think it makes sense with Max being old and fucked up.

After catching a good hour of a live stream yesterday, I didn't it to be any less interesting. Not as cheesy and more serious, but not uninteresting. I think it makes sense with Max being old and fucked up.

Yeah, we haven't even played the game and people are already saying the writing "seems" worse. Can we please wait and actually play the game before passing any sort of judgement? Gamers these days...

Vasili2K38

Amazing trailer.. never played the other Max Payne games, but I love third person shooters and dark noir police stories, so this game is very appealing to me. Can't wait!

Top Bottom