• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maximum Carnage

Carnage is an under-baked character and Venom is an overbaked one. Marvel's greedy attempt to make Venom a good guy in order to sell a book on his own screwed up the dynamics between Spidey and him forever.

Dartastic

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yup, you get an extra life if you do it on the first shot. Crucial, sweet extra life.

Yeah, that extra life was INTEGRAL, just like the lives you could get by breaking in the window on the far right while climbing the rooftop to fight Shriek, and the lives you could get by breaking the ATM as Venom. Oh man, I want this game to come out on VC NOW.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Carnage is an under-baked character and Venom is an overbaked one. Marvel's greedy attempt to make Venom a good guy in order to sell a book on his own screwed up the dynamics between Spidey and him forever.

but Venom is a good guy, he only really hates Spiderman. Unless you are talking about when Spiderman and Venom team up to fight Carnage together, because that was stupid.

and Carnage is an all around bad character, his only motive is to kill, one comic I have that is after the Maximum Carnage story where Carnage escapes by cutting his lip tries to make him seem like a deeper character than he actually is, but he just isnt.

Avalon

seaandthebells said:
It was no Separation Anxiety!

That game sucked. It was way too easy and the fighting felt so mindless. It even looked worse then Maximum Carnage.

Anyways, I love this game. It's a real shame that it didn't have co-o.

I never beat it
on an actual SNES.
, but I had a blast just trying to beat it. Great music, great gameplay and there were a lot of neat little items to find.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
That game was awesome.

I beat it on the Genesis, after weeks upon weeks of trial and error.

The last park in the game was really hard, in which all the villains come to attack you, including shriek, demogobling, etc.

Then the last stage in which to you could switch between Spiderman and Venom at will. Carnage was extremely hard on that one last level.

Regarding Separation Anxiety, i never heard about it. Then after years of having a PS i learned about the existence of that game, but never actually played it.

Top Bottom