• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May U.S. Primaries |OT| Glory to America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillz won Guam. 4 to 3 pledged delegates, plus she picked up 5 supers who pledged to vote how the island voted, so 9 total. I believe that erased any gains that's Bernie made in RI or IN.

oym8Ofj.jpg

Kangi

Hillz won Guam. 4 to 3 pledged delegates, plus she picked up 5 supers who pledged to vote how the island voted, so 9 total. I believe that erased any gains that's Bernie made in RI or IN.

So how's that superdelegate theory working for you, Bernie?

So let's just stick with 4-8 more years of the same thing we have now? Political stalemate? Either way, it's going to be a battle in the congress. THAT is the reality. At least Bernie's platform hopes to change all that. Even if it's detached. You can sit there with your defeatist attitude all you like. I'll stay trying :)

The only reason we have political stalemate is because the GOP has the House and Senate and a bunch of ideologues have taken over their party (sound familiar?) and stopped any kind of compromise from happening. You replace them with centrists dems and you get progress, it might not be leftist utopia progress but it would be infinitely better than what we have now.

Your post reeks of disingenuous deflection, you did nothing to address the FACT that centrist Dems are the only ones that will win swing districts in places like Arkansas and Texas, not to mention Senators that have to campaign in red states. If Sanders wants to apply a litmus test to who he thinks is worthy of his ideological purity, he's going to be facing a congress that's even more tilted towards the GOP because there's a lot of Democrats in there right now that won't win where they have to campaign by going hard left.

Kangi

Which of the upcoming contests are favorable to the Queen? I assume WV and OR will go to Sanders but can she win KY, PR and/or NJ? Is CA a looking like a close win or is it a toss-up?

Kentucky's possible, Puerto Rico is favorable (as are the Virgin Islands), New Jersey is pretty much guaranteed, and DC IS guaranteed. California and New Mexico are also favorable.

Though, of course, Sanders could win every single one and still lose because those margins needed are impossible.

Miles X

Which of the upcoming contests are favorable to the Queen? I assume WV and OR will go to Sanders but can she win KY, PR and/or NJ? Is CA a looking like a close win or is it a toss-up?

Good guide, using that pic, the higher the expected win for Sanders the more likely he is to win. I'd say anything 45+ on that pic Sanders will win, anything sub 35 Hillary has in the bag.

Geg

The argument is that because she isn't going to have enough pledged delegates to win the nomination outright, that this will go to a contested convention??

Who comes up with this shit? Are they 12?

Pretty sure I've heard one of Bernie's campaign managers say this exact thing, if not Bernie himself

Maxim726X

Pretty sure I've heard one of Bernie's campaign managers say this exact thing, if not Bernie himself

You know, I was beginning to wonder if he had lost it completely.

His 'strategy' of attacking the DNC, attacking Hillary, *suing* the DNC, and accusing them of disenfranchising voters only to kindly ask superdelegates to switch their vote was already a ridiculous plan- But now I think he's lost his goddamn mind.

You know, I was beginning to wonder if he had lost it completely.

His 'strategy' of attacking the DNC, attacking Hillary, *suing* the DNC, and accusing them of disenfranchising voters only to kindly ask superdelegates to switch their vote was already a ridiculous plan- But now I think he's lost his goddamn mind.

I just think he believes his own propaganda at this point.

Drek

I just think he believes his own propaganda at this point.

At this point? Barney Frank called out Bernie Sanders on being an unproductive ideologue within Sanders' first few months as a congressman.

This is Bernie Sanders. He's a professional protester and politician, not a great mind or revolutionary. His rhetoric has just happened to find new life with thanks to the same low information populist sentiment that has empowered Trump. The fact that Sanders is coming in second to Trump at riding that wave is especially telling.

Tubie

I like how they say Hillary needs to get to 2383 (this is over 50% with supers), but then they say Bernie only needs to reach 2026 (over 50% without supers).

Yea Bernie only needs 611 delegates to cross the line (without supers counted), but they don't tell you Hillary only needs 321.

I think this has to be some sort of joke or parody.

dramatis

So what does the Bernie math look like tonight? He needs to win West Virginia by 50 points?
Ideally he gets 100% in the state so he can grab all the delegates, but obviously that's not plausible. Bernie won't need to win by 50 points, but it would be ideal to have a high margin so he needs to win by less in later states.

Demigod Mac

And here we go...
Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/donald-trump-white-nationalist-afp-delegate-california

On Monday evening, California's secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming
Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump's slate includes William Johnson, one of the country's most prominent white nationalists.

Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of White Americans" and aims to preserve
"the customs and heritage of the European American people." The AFP has never elected a candidate of its own and possesses at most a few thousand members,
but it is "arguably the most important white nationalist group in the country," according to Mark Potok,
a senior fellow for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks hate groups.

Johnson has gained notice during the presidential primary for funding pro-Trump robocalls that convey a white nationalist message.
"The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called 'racist,'" Johnson says in one robocall pushed out to residential landlines in Vermont and Minnesota.
"Donald Trump is not racist, but Donald Trump is not afraid. Don't vote for a Cuban. Vote for Donald Trump."

Whoops... Should've vetted those delegates more carefully!

FYI: Mother Jones started Romney's 47% scandal in the 2012 election.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
And here we go...

Whoops... Should've vetted those delegates more carefully!

FYI: Mother Jones started Romney's 47% scandal in the 2012 election.

I really don't think this election can be 47%'ed again.

danm999

I really don't think this election can be 47%'ed again.

Agreed. Romney was far more of an unknown quantity to GE voters in 2012.

Part of that is his bombastic manipulation of media headlines, part of it seems to be the media obsession with constantly pushing election coverage further and further back each cycle so they can begin the next horse race like, right after the previous inauguration.

Hillary won WV in 2008? Wow. What happened?

lol

She lost WV in 2008, and Obama lost it in the general election. So it will probably go Trump in the end anyways.

But, I am already seeing all the crazy Bernie supporters I know on Facebook post about his win. They are already forgetting the fact that they pointed out to me that Hillary winning Southern states means nothing since they will go red anyways. Funny how their tune changes when their candidate wins.

Xe4

Banned
Hillary won WV in 2008? Wow. What happened?

lol

Racism in case you're wondering, lol. WV choice of preferred candidate goes white dude->white lady- minority candidate. West Virginia is conservative as fuck, and has unlike many Southern states, many Dems are more conservative than average too.

A convict won 41% of the 2012 primary vote, lol.

studyguy

California is actually getting its vote by mail ballots now. Majority of my state will have cast their vote long before June as it always has historically. zzzz Just got mine today.

Fat4all

Banned
Everyone knows WV is vital to the election process.

Whoever wins the state gains control of the pepperoni roll supply chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom