• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Vylash

jdq298nDs7Tv6.jpg

We're a few weeks off of one of the best Wrestlemanias in years but sadly it looks like things are getting back to normal. Kane has a title shot in 2014 and Daniel Bryan is back to getting beaten up every week. Cesaro has cooled off tremendously, Wyatt's trying his best to keep his heat but Shovel Master Cena has a lot to say about that. Evolution vs Shield has been a really good feud however, expect it to steal the show on Sunday. Regardless, Extreme Rules is imminent so hopefully things will pick up again with Adam Rose and Bo Dallas set to make their debuts fairly soon.

Meanwhile over in TNA...

DeadlyFinishedBoar.gif
ibehllFvdsMosA.gif

109220-20autoplay_gifj5reb.gif
pgCnpBZ.jpg

icCSyjpVLfFeC.gif

...Yikes.

But it's not all bad

SLIDE-01.png

Jarrett's new promotion, Global Force Wrestling, was officially announced, and while there's not much info going around, word is that he hopes to begin tapings around October or November of next year, Jarrett's got a good mind and solid financial backing this time so this is certainly something to keep an eye on.

WALL OF SHAME FOR APRIL

jDrhAWYisolIL.jpg

That's it for me, later marks!

SIFOMX2.gif

#QUEEN #ALLREDEVERYTHING

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's...hard for a post to become a thread...

I'm alright with this, puzzling at first but then I got it. WELCOME TO MAY, FUCKERS!

BHZ Mayor

What the fuck is even going on in that powerbomb gif? Like, is there an in-story explanation as to why the ref just fell over like that?

bjork

MAY something good actually happen in wrasslin' this month.

Best thing in April was seeing that dog v. ladder match, and that was years old.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am a little disappointed we didn't get any animu-styled wrestling pics in the OP and no mention of glorious nippon. My only gripes!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They should put Cerny's head on HHH's and then he is burying the Xbox lololol. I'll post it in every gaming thread ever, because I love posting in those.

If you can make this I will post it and risk my life.

Jamie OD

Just saw last week's Smackdown. Loved the show long angle of The Shield hunting down all of their opponents before the main event.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I became a Two Time, Two Time, Two Time uncle last night.

My job during the whole affair was to field calls from relatives and watch my sister's dogs the past few days. Monday was hectic but yesterday was pretty sedate and I watched four WCW ppvs, finally finishing off 1998. The first four of 1998 are very good shows with atrocious main and sub main events. Tony's reaction to Dusty joining the NWO is hilarious.

Sblargh

Banned
One post away of the tie for that top 10 wall of shame.
When I think I am saying too much stupid shit, it turns out it is just shy of stupid shit enough.

strobogo

Banned
God damnit, I fell down the boards a bit.

I dont want to be a midcarder!

Holy shit, stro found a better version?

MADE a better version. The match has been up on WWE's Youtube since September and no one bothered to look. I only thought to look because the old version was posted in the Clippers permaban thread.

Sephzilla

From the April OT

Hardy's and E&C were definitely fun to watch. If you're going to complain about ring work for whatever reason, why ignore the #1 selection? I don't get why people harp on it so much; it's silly to see everybody all caught up in that and only that when discussing the top talents.

But seeing the list, there's a lot of left off notables. Steiner Bros? Arn/Tully? Hart Foundation? Hall and Nash as well. Can knock off the Rock 'N Sock Connection for one, but really doesn't matter. It's another listwarz thing they do to spark debates.

No Hart Foundation on the list legit surprised me. Rock & Sock, despite being a pretty entertaining duo, really didn't belong on that list at all. I know the list is supposed to be "voted by the fans" and what not, but I'm kind of surprised a newer tag team didn't pop up on the list just to validate the current tag division at all.

MADE a better version. The match has been up on WWE's Youtube since September and no one bothered to look. I only thought to look because the old version was posted in the Clippers permaban thread.

He's a good man

Stro should be the first entry in the WrassleGAF Hall of Fame, and go in alone that year. Just like Andre.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What If WWE wanted to do a "One Night Only" ppv for WCW, who would you have book it and what matches would you see with surviving talent?

Here's the iPPV cards for the coming month;

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2014.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

| 17:00 Japan | 10:00 EU | 09:00 UK | 04:00 East Coast | 01:00 West Coast |

0. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs Captain New Japan, Mascara Dorada, El Desperado & BUSHI
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
2. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)
3. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima © vs Wes Brisco
4. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi © vs Ryusuke Taguchi
6. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii © vs Tomoaki Honma
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Jushin Liger & Tetsuya Naito vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
8. Pro-Wrestling vs Jujitsu: Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie
9. IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs AJ Styles

Dragon Gate, "DEAD or ALIVE", 2014.05.05
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $25

| 16:00 Japan | 09:00 EU | 08:00 UK | 03:00 East Coast | 00:00 West Coast |

0. Mondai Ryu vs Ryotsu Shimizu vs Kotoka
1. Mad Blankey (Cyber Kong & Kzy) vs Monster Express (Uhaa Nation & Shachihoko BOY)
2. Gamma & Yosuke=Santa Maria vs Jimmyz (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kagetora
3. Open the Brave Gate Title: Flamita © vs Jimmy Susumu
4. Open the Twin Gate Titles: Monster Express (Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji)
5. Open the Triangle Gate Titles: Millenials (T-Hawk, Eita & U-T) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Dragon Kid, K-ness & Super Shisa)
6. Open the Dream Gate Title: Ricochet © vs YAMATO
7. Steel Cage Survival Scapegoat Mascara contra Cabellera: Naruki Doi vs BxB Hulk vs Jimmy Kanda vs Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs Masato Yoshino vs CIMA*

The scapegoat of the last competitor in the cage will lose their mask or hair. The scapegoats are:
CIMA: Dragon Kid, Yoshino: Shachihoko BOY, Tanizaki: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Kanda: Jimmy Susumu, Doi: Kzy, Hulk: Cyber Kong

ROH/NJPW, "GLOBAL WARS", 2014.05.10
Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto

| 08:30 Japan | 01:30 EU | 00:30 UK | 19:30 East Coast | 16:30 West Coast |

http://www.ustream.tv/RingOfHonor - $14.95

1. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs Matt Taven vs Silas Young vs Tommaso Ciampa
2. Michael Elgin vs Takaaki Watanabe
3. Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo)
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado)
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
6. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs Kevin Steen

ROH/NJPW, "WAR OF THE WORLDS", 2014.05.17
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC

1. ROH World Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Michael Bennett
3. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kevin Steen
4. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs KUSHIDA
5. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) © vs The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs Michael Elgin

CHIKARA, "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE", 2014.05.25
Easton, PA

http://smvod.com/premium-video/chikara-ippv-may-25-2014-you-only-live-twice-easton-pa - $16.99 ($12.99 if you order before May begins)

. The grand return of CHIKARA and the premiere of Season 14

What's everyone watching, if anything?

I'll be getting all five, might not be able to watch Dragon Gate live, though. Dontaku's on at a great time for Euros, however, and I'm sure I'll be watching both ROH shows live.

Sephzilla

What If WWE wanted to do a "One Night Only" ppv for WCW, who would you have book it and what matches would you see with surviving talent?

Would it be entirely WCW or would it be a WCW/WWE thing like the ECW One Night Stand was?

Screw it, I'm just going to assume WCW/WWE hybrid.

The Outsiders (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash) vs D-Generation X (HBK & HHH)
Buff Bagwell vs The Disco Inferno
Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair vs Hollywood Hogan (because why the fuck not)
Vince Russo vs Eric Bischoff vs David Arquette vs Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon in some fucking pole match.
Booker T vs DDP
Goldberg vs John Cena
Sting vs The Undertaker

Special Guest Host: Stone Cold Stunning Steve Austin

It kind of was like that, but it was at an In-N-Out, not McDonald's. I just wanted to get away from the house/family/state. The drive was more important than the destination. I got to see a whole lot of the country that I had never seen before and now have some places I'd like to revisit. Like New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona.
In-N-Out is so overrated. You have to customize your order in a way that isn't even clear on the menu just to have a palatable burger. They give you an entire cross section of the tartest effing onion ever. Not a few rings, not diced, a cross section. You'd need like four beef patties just to balance out the flavor. That's why they specifically ask you if you want onions. They don't do that for any other ingredient. They know how shitty they are and how many first time customers have been burned in the past so now they have a disclaimer instead of just changing the damn onions. I won't even mention the fries. The only reason people like In-N-Out is for the fresh ingredients and being served by teenagers instead of ethnic minorities and let's be honest, the only people that care about frivolous shit like that are white people.

I'll take a Big Mac or Whopper over In-N-Out every time.

Screw it, I'm just going to assume WCW/WWE hybrid.

The Outsiders (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash) vs D-Generation X (HBK & HHH)
Buff Bagwell vs The Disco Inferno
Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair vs Hollywood Hogan (because why the fuck not)
Vince Russo vs Eric Bischoff vs David Arquette vs Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon in some fucking pole match.
Booker T vs DDP
Goldberg vs John Cena
Sting vs The Undertaker

Special Guest Host: Stone Cold Stunning Steve Austin
Glacier vs Kwang

Here's the iPPV cards for the coming month;

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2014.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

| 17:00 Japan | 10:00 EU | 09:00 UK | 04:00 East Coast | 01:00 West Coast |

0. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs Captain New Japan, Mascara Dorada, El Desperado & BUSHI
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
2. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)
3. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima © vs Wes Brisco
4. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi © vs Ryusuke Taguchi
6. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii © vs Tomoaki Honma
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Jushin Liger & Tetsuya Naito vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
8. Pro-Wrestling vs Jujitsu: Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie
9. IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs AJ Styles

Dragon Gate, "DEAD or ALIVE", 2014.05.05
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $25

| 16:00 Japan | 09:00 EU | 08:00 UK | 03:00 East Coast | 00:00 West Coast |

0. Mondai Ryu vs Ryotsu Shimizu vs Kotoka
1. Mad Blankey (Cyber Kong & Kzy) vs Monster Express (Uhaa Nation & Shachihoko BOY)
2. Gamma & Yosuke=Santa Maria vs Jimmyz (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kagetora
3. Open the Brave Gate Title: Flamita © vs Jimmy Susumu
4. Open the Twin Gate Titles: Monster Express (Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji)
5. Open the Triangle Gate Titles: Millenials (T-Hawk, Eita & U-T) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Dragon Kid, K-ness & Super Shisa)
6. Open the Dream Gate Title: Ricochet © vs YAMATO
7. Steel Cage Survival Scapegoat Mascara contra Cabellera: Naruki Doi vs BxB Hulk vs Jimmy Kanda vs Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs Masato Yoshino vs CIMA*

The scapegoat of the last competitor in the cage will lose their mask or hair. The scapegoats are:
CIMA: Dragon Kid, Yoshino: Shachihoko BOY, Tanizaki: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Kanda: Jimmy Susumu, Doi: Kzy, Hulk: Cyber Kong

ROH/NJPW, "GLOBAL WARS", 2014.05.10
Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto

1. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs Matt Taven vs Silas Young vs Tommaso Ciampa
2. Michael Elgin vs Takaaki Watanabe
3. Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo)
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado)
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
6. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs Kevin Steen

ROH/NJPW, "WAR OF THE WORLDS", 2014.05.17
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC

1. ROH World Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Michael Bennett
3. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kevin Steen
4. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs KUSHIDA
5. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) © vs The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs Michael Elgin

What's everyone watching, if anything?

I'll be getting all four, might not be able to watch Dragon Gate live, though. Dontaku's on at a great time for Euros, however, and I'm sure I'll be watching both ROH shows live.

Watching WRESTLING DONTAKU and of course, will be there live for the ROH show in NYC.

Still wish we got Cole vs Tanahashi instead.

strobogo

Banned

It's far too late for that. One Night Stand was 4 years after ECW went down and the majority of guys were dead or very broken down. WCW has been gone for 13 years.

Still wish we got Cole vs Tanahashi instead.

New Japan wouldn't want to put any ROH guy over one of their top performers, so that's why Liger's getting the title shot. He's a respected veteran and, even if he is past his prime, this is still the biggest match of Cole's career thus far.

I expect Tanahashi vs Bennett to surprise a lot of people.

Top Bottom