• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medabots: Girls Mission Announced For Nintendo 3DS

This thread still gets me every time I see it. When people say series are better off dying, this is what they mean. What a way to tarnish whatever was left of a name.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This thread still gets me every time I see it. When people say series are better off dying, this is what they mean. What a way to tarnish whatever was left of a name.

Maybe people will like this and future games though. No need to deprive them because your memories will be tarnished or whatever.

Tripon

Maybe people will like this and future games though. No need to deprive them because your memories will be tarnished or whatever.
There was a new Medabots game just this past Dec. No idea how it sold, but considering that Medabots have been a niche series for years, it was inevitable the series took down this path.

Takao

Banned
Horuma Rin (artist for the franchise since '97) posted on the official Medarot blog that this game exists to get older former fans aware that the series still exists. Given this thread has significantly more replies than any Medarot thread I can recall, I guess it's a success in that regard.

koutoru

Horuma Rin (artist for the franchise since '97) posted on the official Medarot blog that this game exists to get older former fans aware that the series still exists. Given this thread has significantly more replies than any Medarot thread I can recall, I guess it's a success in that regard.
Yup, definitely got attention again. Maybe not the kind of attention that core fans wanted, but the pre order sales speak otherwise.

CaGObnxUEAAigBB.jpg

I am going to need Gary Spivey to weigh in on this.

CamHostage

Mission accomplished? I'm not sure what benefit it does your franchise to completely change the audience and appeal of it (even if it is something of a side-game, will people come back for Metabots 10 when it doesn't have interactive boobies? Or will it now have interactive boobies?) Still, if it sells and the game is well done, more power to them I suppose.

This does look pretty cool. Not completely original, but the bots look cool set against the plug-suit designs. I'd be more inclined to check this game out with the manga artwork over the game's designs, but Japanese consumers have different tastes. It's too bad, Medabots has had some fun '90s'ish character designs over the years and Girls Side could have been a lot more creative than sailor suits.

I actually like the idea of having an all-female cast entry in a series a fair deal and find some of the designs appealing, but - and granted, I am not the biggest fan of the franchise by any means - I'm not sure I ever played Medabots and thought, "This would be a lot better if I could masturbate to it."

Top Bottom