• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medabots: Girls Mission Announced For Nintendo 3DS

Tripon

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/04/medabots-girls-mission-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/

Medabots: Girls Mission is an upcoming action game and similar to the other entries of the series, it’ll come in Kabuto and Kuwagata versions. The character designs are being handled by Sai Izami with Medabots designed by Rin Hahoru.

The game features over 20 girls that will make appearances as characters, and a story that involves the fight in winning the top of the Medabots tournament called “Artemis Cup.”

You’ll get to team up with a girl buddy and friendship levels increase as you work together. As your bond increases, the buddy’s Medabots become stronger as well. Both Kabuto and Kuwagata versions have different girls, including ones that are exclusive as well.

Medabots: Girls Mission will release in Japan on March 10, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. It’ll go for 5,800 yen plus tax.

Uh.............. Do what you need to do make the series survive, I guess?

Due out on March 10 in Japan for 5,800 yen, the game will ship in Kabuto and Kuwagata versions. Each version has a different girl protagonist and different girls that appear in the game. Character design is being handled by Sai Izumi, and Medabot design by Rin Horuma.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/01/medabots-girls-mission-announced-3ds#1MQAbcK1eFGwMEyH.99

Edit:

6sLy3X1.png
bzWfZW0.png
lUmEjK7.png
9U9RzAh.png

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/first-look-medabots-girls-mission

Fresh details about Medabots Girl Mission have emerged from Famitsu. As previously mentioned, the game is launching very soon in Japan: March 10.

Like previous Medabots games, two versions are planned: Kabuto and Kuwagata. The former features a story in Joyou Agricultural High School whereas the latter takes place in Teikou High School. Kabuto stars Minori Houjou (voiced by Ibuki Kido) and has Metabee. Kuwagata features Kaidou Megumi (voiced by Aya Suzaki) and has Rokusho.

More than 20 girls are included in Medabots Girl Mission. It’ll follow the path that players take to compete in the Artemis Cup tournament.

Here’s the lineup of characters and medabots confirmed in Famitsu:

– Mizuho Tanigawa (VA: Saki Ogasawara), medabot: Pompom Mates, Kabuto exclusive (Minori’s buddy)
– Tsubasa Nanahoshi (VA: Ayane Sakura), medabot: Pepper Cat
– Ichiko Tsurugi (VA: Sarah Emi Bridcutt), medabot: Blues Dog
– Rico Sakata (VA: Minami Fujii), medabot: Mad Juggler
– Sakura Gotou (VA: Shiki Aoki), medabot: Kanehachi mark 2
– Shouko Shiratori (VA: Yu Asakawa), medabot: Daichanko
– Koi Nishikino (VA: Mari Shiraishi), medabot: Gokudo
– Shikkoku no Yami [Pitch-Black Darkness] (VA: Eriko Nakamura ), medabot: Mineruver
– Asumi Naruko (VA: Kana Asumi), medabot: Ninninja
– Sayuri Kunishiro (VA: Rina Kitagawa), medabot: Scimitar Tooth
– Kiyomi Shigeno (VA: Hiromi Igarashi), medabot: Top Gunner
– Kei Musumi (VA: Nao Touyama), medabot: Steinberger
– Yuri Yasuragi (VA: Sayaka Gomi), medabot: Brynhildr
– Arisu Tsuchimikado (VA: Ai Kakuma), medabot: Arachno Spider
– Shizuka Minamoto (VA: Lynn) medabot: Samurai
– Laura Bathory (VA: Ayumi Fujimura), medabot: Whip World
– Ran Suzukaze (VA: Yu Kobayashi), medabot: Bulb Blue
– Toki Masou (VA: Izumi Chiba), medabot: Roll Beauty, Kuwagata exclusive (Megumi’s childhood friend)

Medabots Girl Mission is considered to be a spin-off. Unlike the numbered series which have been command-based RPGs, this one will be action-based instead, where you can actually control the Medabots’ movements and attacks. Players will compete in Robattles in 2 vs. 2 matches with the A, B, X, and Y buttons.

In terms of features, local and online multiplayer is planned. The game supports up to four players in wireless team battles as well as co-op for the story mode. Battles can also be done through the Internet as two players square off against each other – either with friends or randomly.

More than 100 Medabots and parts for customization will be included in the game. Players can use different parts for the head, arms, and legs, each of which has its own skills. By winning fight, you’ll receive new parts and points that can be used to enhance Medabots abilities.

Work on Medabots Girl Mission is 90 percent complete.

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-medabots-girls-mission-details/

New screens, you can blow away their clothes. I didn't know Takaki transferred over to Netsuke and Rocket.

CaGObnxUEAAigBB.jpg
CaGObUVUkAAV3mR.jpg

CaGObkRUAAAMuLg.jpg

640213.jpg
640214.jpg

640215.jpg

jabberock

Neo Member
Man I grew up watching Medabots, and legit thought it was the coolest universe. I can't even be mad, this is just uninspired.

Wait wait wait, so it's not like you play as the girls but it's basically Medabots with dating sim elements?

That's uhh an interesting turn for a franchise

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Plot twist: All the girls are actually the newest form of high-tech metabots.

.......& their medals are now located in their chest instead of their backs.

Ken

Dibs on girl with the flower hairpiece. She can smother me with her
Medabot knowledge.

Also best:

latest

Medabot and cute girls to bond with?

Where's my wallet I'm down for some more Medabots now! Center blue haired girl looks like student council president type!

woopWOOP

Title made me think that they'd try and appeal to young girls by having lots of pink medabots with flower patterns or something. How naive of me!

Tripon

You play as a girl in the game. In fact, a different girl for each version. Progress, I guess? Updated OP, regardless.

PSqueak

Banned
I have so many questions...like

-Is the playable character a girl and this is a bout friendship?
-Is the playable character a boy and this is about dating?
-If the later, doesn't this sound like the Artemis Cup is for girls only, why would there be a boy?
-...unless it's a boy pretending to be a girl?

Where do i sign up?!

Jokes aside, im actually pretty sure the main character will be a girl and this is about friendship.

Edit: was posting this while the OP was edited, i knew it!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pretty obvious the game was going to be a female main character going by the image they showed and the name of the tournament

Top Bottom