• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create figures - June 19 to June 25

neo2046 said:
posted?

1st day sale data (Famitsu base)
PS2 Super Dragon Ball Z - 46785 (23.2%)
PS2 Atelier Iris Grand Fantasm - 16992
PSP My Summer Vacation - 15173
X360 Chrome Hounds - 6309

super DBZ fails
just as Gundam One Year War last time

Well with Graw, Spectral whatever 3 and chromehounds releasing this week. I'de figure X360 would have a decent week. But damn that sucks. Lets see if it does better for the week.

BTW, whats the m-create LTD #s for 360?

ioi

Banned
Since it's always easier to visualise things graphically than see numbers, there are now some nifty software comparison graphs available on vgcharts.org:

New Super Mario Bros vs Final Fantasy XII:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=New+Super+Mario+Bros&name2=Final+Fantasy+XII

Brain Training vs Tetris (original on GB):

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Brain+Training&name2=Tetris

Animal Crossing vs Dragon Quest VIII:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World&name2=Dragon+Quest+VIII

New Super Mario Bros vs Animal Crossing:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=New+Super+Mario+Bros&name2=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World

And to show just how amazingly NSMB has done:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=New+Super+Mario+Bros&name2=Super+Mario+Advance

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You can bet your arse once Brain Training frenzy calms down in Japan, it'll become a pack-in to just increase units shipped.

ioi

Banned
speedpop said:
You can bet your arse once Brain Training frenzy calms down in Japan, it'll become a pack-in to just increase units shipped.

I think it's inevitable in the USA / Europe

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
speedpop said:
You can bet your arse if Brain Training frenzy calms down in Japan, it'll become a pack-in to just increase units shipped.
Fixed ;D

I doubt Nintendo will have trouble selling Brain Age when the price is dropped to $10.

^ Not fact, stating on no basis about what will inevitably happen if the sales die down.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Leonsito said:
Ds Total: ~9.036.383 (as 25 June)

In USA: ~4.588.357 (as May)

In Europe: ~4.500.000 (weeks ago and without the Lite)

I guess Ds is about to break the 20 million mark.
Do you know what is interesting?
This is from less than 6 months ago, another prediction by industry analysts !! :lol
U.S. sales of Sony PSP will dwarf those of Nintendo DS over the next five years, according to a report released today.
SIG has compared year-by-year sales and estimates for the first five years of each machine's life, using sell-in and factory shipments. It points out that in its first year both PSP and DS managed around 13 million units each, with DS slightly ahead.

Year two cumulative stats give PSP 25 million over DS' 22 million. In Year Three the difference rises to ten million (38m to 28m). In Year Four, PSP's lead has stretched to 15 million and to 20 million by Year Five.

Software unit sales will increase cumulatively from Year One's 70 million units to 122 million in Year 2, and over 200 million in Year Three.

SIG stated, "Sony will likely expand the addressable market for portable gaming devices with the PSP. As the class of gamers seeking console-like gaming grows, the PSP will be the only serious alternative to Nintendo portables. In time the variety and depth of games on the PSP could attract a larger demographic than even Nintendo portables."

It added, "Yet we must keep in mind that the PSP is Sony's first attempt and the launch has not been without problems. Hardware pricing is probably stifling PSP adoption, and ported game selection is limited."

SIG also points out that software revenue mix in calendar year 2005 will be Nintendo 58% / third parties 42% for DS, but Sony 24% / third parties 76% for PSP.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82393

They predicted 9m units sales worldwide for DS for the year 2006 and I think DS sales will reach 8m units (YTD) in Japan alone this year :lol :lol

mj1108

speedpop said:

It's only fad since it's been on the charts week-in and week-out for, oh..... the last 13 months.

kia said:
Do you know what is interesting?
This is from less than 6 months ago, another prediction by industry analysts !! :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82393

They predicted 9m units sales worldwide for DS for the year 2006 and I think DS sales will reach 8m units (YTD) in Japan alone this year :lol :lol

Quite hilarious that PSP right now is at sth. like 13-14m while the analyst stated that they hit that mark half a year ago :lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
BorkBork said:
Man, poor Izzy posted that. I wonder where he is now.

Whatever happened to that guy? Haven't seen him in literally months.

Also, NSMB's sales are amazing. Wonder how long it'll be before it can officially be considered a non-game.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
SIG stated, "Sony will likely expand the addressable market for portable gaming devices with the PSP. As the class of gamers seeking console-like gaming grows, the PSP will be the only serious alternative to Nintendo portables. In time the variety and depth of games on the PSP could attract a larger demographic than even Nintendo portables."
They got it completely wrong and backwards.

Now that I think about Brain Training and it's stupendous legs...

Has there ever been a WEEK after it's released where it wasn't in the top 10? Top 5?

And it's been out for 13 MONTHS?! THat's jaw-dropping. And it still averages 200,000 units per month.

Rock_Man

It charted outside the top ten for four weeks last year,

position / week
15 / Jul 25-31
13 / Aug 1-8
12 / Nov 21-27
11 / Dec 5-11

neo2046

unconfirmed

01 NDS New SMB - 154000 / 2003000
02 PS2 Super Dragon Ball Z - 95000 / 95000
03 NDS Brain Age 2 - 55000 / 2650000
04 PS2 VP2 Silmeria - 37000 / 319000
08 PSP My Summer Vacation - 26000 / 26000
16 X360 Chrome Hounds - 9200 / 9200
22 NDS Magical Vacation DS - 5500 / 19000
25 NDS Hudson Sudoku - 4900 / 76000
32 NDS Point Blank - 4100 / 39000
48 NDS Green Tea Dog DS - 2900 / 51000
50 PSP Toro School PSP - 2900 / 25000
100 NDS Super Mario 64DS - 1100 / 865000

Ouch on the Super Dragon Ball sales.

New Super Mario Bros. keeps on selling like DS Software has. >2,000,000 for 4 games now.

The most interesting thing for me in the upcoming weeks are how well Megaman ZX sells. What were the sales for the Zero series on the GBA?

I'm a little dissapointed with PS2 software sales, its really going down since DS boosted in Christmas.

WE10 did good, but Sengoku Musou tanked, VP Silmeria is tanking and Super Dragon Ball Z sounds to be tanking even harder. No games with legs, all sell 50-75% on launch week and then dissapear.

It makes me worry about the awesome rpg lineup it still has to release (persona 3...).

neo2046 said:
unconfirmed

01 NDS New SMB - 154000 / 2003000
02 PS2 Super Dragon Ball Z - 95000 / 95000
03 NDS Brain Age 2 - 55000 / 2650000
04 PS2 VP2 Silmeria - 37000 / 319000
08 PSP My Summer Vacation - 26000 / 26000
16 X360 Chrome Hounds - 9200 / 9200
25 NDS Hudson Sudoku - 4900 / 76000
32 NDS Point Blank - 4100 / 39000
48 NDS Green Tea Dog DS - 2900 / 51000

50 PSP Toro School PSP - 2900 / 25000
100 NDS Super Mario 64DS - 1100 / 865000

Wow!

Wow :(

New Super Mario Bros. is going to overtake Animal Crossing.

3 million is now a definite lock, 3.5 million very possible, 4 million not out of the question.

I wonder how this affects EAD's dev cycle, because apparently they were planning on making a new 3D Mario (or at least Tezuka hinted at it) for the DS. Might that be put on hold for New Super Mario Bros. 2?

You definitely would want NSMB2 for holiday 2007 I think.

Doogdogg

soundwave05 said:

3 million is now a definite lock, 3.5 million very possible, 4 million not out of the question.

Thats what AC will probably end up too.:p

AC has over 900k lead at the moment and still sell over 100k per month.

Oblivion

soundwave05 said:

A new Mario game in a year's time? No way, dude. 2008 at the earliest, if even possible.

soundwave05 said:

I wonder how this affects EAD's dev cycle, because apparently they were planning on making a new 3D Mario (or at least Tezuka hinted at it) for the DS. Might that be put on hold for New Super Mario Bros. 2?

I know it was hinted at a bit, but I can't see a new 3D Mario on the DS. Japan would explode if it happened.

Jiggy

Unless there's something horribly wrong with the first Magical Vacation that I've never heard about, those MV2 sales are a tragedy.

soundwave05 said:

Interesting. Odd, but even though I like the 3D Mario games less than any of the 2D Mario games, I think I'd rather have the new 3D Mario just because I want to see how well they could refine the concept behind the SMS-style levels...

5 PS2 Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana Gust 42,666 new
6 PS2 Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2 Gust 36,642 new
X PS2 Atelier Iris: Grand Fantasm Gust XX,XXX new

Uhm, opened with 16k but its below Silmeria for sure and thats <37.000, so it should be 5-6-7 and between 26-37k. Not bad for 3 entries in 3 years.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Great sales, especially for New Super Mario Bros. I hope it will end up above Animal Crossing. A worthy 2-million seller.

Razoric

Banned
Jokeropia said:

legs-form-25.jpg

ioi

Banned
RaijinFY said:
Very disappointing performance...

Indeed, will only just break 400k I should think.

The legs for NSMB are immense. The only way games usually sell this kind of amount in their 6th week is if it falls around the new year holiday period!!

http://www.vgcharts.org/japwk.php?week=6

I actually think NSMB could end up being the highest selling Mario game in Japan after the original SMB.

Oblivion

I think so far, NSMB has reached near 3 million so far WW, which is great, because that's more than half of what Sunshine has done, and it should easily surpass that in no time.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I want to see Animal Crossing on the top ten again please! :(

Japan is dominated.

PSP soft selling shit but 3rd parties continue pretty strong with support. Can't understand why some games from third parties aren't getting on the DS!

soundwave05 said:
NSMB should do 8-9 million worldwide rather easily.

10+ million is probably more likely.

when will we get the June sales for NA? it's usually around the 10th, right?

back on topic:
is there anything else new we should expect in the top ten (aside from Atelier mentioned earlier)?

Top Bottom