• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create *HARDWARE* Sales 19th-25th Dec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrenity

DS - 597,628
PSP - 161,332
PS2 - 97,475
GC - 36,646
GBASP - 35,764
GBM - 19,261
Xbox360 - 5,674
GBA - 906
Xbox - 141

YTD / LTD
DS - 3,761,175 / 5,256,771
PSP - 2,089,969 / 2,572,221
DS Lead - 1,671,206 / 2,684,550

Koshiro

Bloody hell DS, superb efforts. It's really great to see such a risky project take off like that. Here's hoping it can get to that point elsewhere at some stage. Unbelievable.

Mihail

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
Does japan even like consoles anymore?
What do you mean by "like?" People pay money for what they find fun -- and frankly, fun console games are few and far between. I haven't been compelled to buy anything recently.

... maybe Guitar Hero (although that's hardly a traditional console game). What is the total number of tracks in the game?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Pimpbaa said:
Does japan even like consoles anymore?
Good question. Between handheld sales and mobile phones games (which seem to be very popular there) I have to ask the same question.

In my opinion, Xbox 360 should have sold better in Japan than the first Xbox did. It had just about everything going for it better than the first one did. Yet, it sold much worse.

I guess PS3 and Rev will give some definite answer to this.

[Nintex]

wow, if Gamecube keeps this up it may outsell the Xbox worldwide.
Nintendo may end 2nd this gen after all. I wonder how J. Allard will comment if that happens. DS sales keep increasing who doesn't have one yet? Imagine when all the people who bought one also get a SP version next year.

The Japanese aren't buying consoles because they don't want an XBox, there is nothing on Cube, and they all have a PS2 already. Handhelds are filling the vacuum.

And 360 does not have more to offer than XBox. Not only does it lack any JPN-oriented games, but its got to overcome the first XBox's extremely poor reputation. At least in 2001, the XBox was a wild card. Now they know it as a piece of crap.

cvxfreak

I think this topic should emphasize the point that:

IF YOU MAKE THE MEDIA CREATE TOPIC, MAKE SURE TO EDIT IT WITH HARDWARE SALES LATER!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CVXFREAK said:
I think this topic should emphasize the point that:

IF YOU MAKE THE MEDIA CREATE TOPIC, MAKE SURE TO EDIT IT WITH HARDWARE SALES LATER!
Or just search for my posts. ;)

Pimpbaa

Mihail said:
What do you mean by "like?" People pay money for what they find fun -- and frankly, fun console games are few and far between. I haven't been compelled to buy anything recently.

Well, not everyone are jaded people who should have given up gaming a long time ago (especially those who think fun console games are few and far between).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom