• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/16 - 02/22

swerve said:
Wait for next week when Wii potentially comes bottom of the heap. MC threads are getting fun again!
:) Unless Star Ocean 5 just came out, I don't think X360 is going to stick around up there. Actually, looking over past numbers I see that it has yet to have two 20K weeks in a row, regardless of time of year. Every time it's gone over 20K, it's dropped by more than 50% the next week.

bakemono said:
I dunno why people are so pessimistic about Wii. I think it's doing fine. It gets beaten once in a weekly chart because of a big game released and everyone thinking it's over for the Wii? If it's consistently selling worse than its competitors in period of months then Nintendo needs to be worried.
I don't know about fine, but I don't think they're rushing to the Break In Case of Emergency glass, either. In a down time for everything it's down the most. But they're still consistently the #1 console (for whatever that's worth), and the userbase they've already built usually keeps it #2 in software sales. Obviously the last few weeks with some big releases on other platforms have been exceptions--just as last year at a similar time things were more Wii-tilted than usual due to things like SSBB.

Spiegel said:
PS2 was never below 17k (2000-2006)
It was a few times, though not just due to slow demand. In November 2000 it was below 14K three weeks in a row due to shortages. At the end of October 2004 Famitsu has it at 16.9K, but this was immediately preceding a monster week so there must've been a new price/bundle. And actually, it looks like it was at about 14K during PS3's first two weeks, too.

1cesc said:
I couldn't find SO1 and SO2 sales on Garaph.
Yeah, things basically start with PS2, since it's the first (very relevant) platform there's pretty full weekly data for from the start. N64 data coming from the yearly Top 100 or 300 lists is an exception, though, and more like that will be put in sooner or later.

Thunder Monkey said:
All this week shows us is that the market leading console this generation might not eclipse the GBA.
Eclipse in what measure(s)?

donny2112 said:
Based on past experience, though, especially when Nintendo announces "Why'd they do that?" hardware (i.e. the DS), they'll have software to back it up, and that fits in rather nicely with the extreme lack of software from them over the past 9 months.
I'm a bit of a nut for their weird stuff, but they've had their share of hardware add-ons that ended up with just a few uses in the past. Though with third parties already supporting it, it seems Motion+ is off to a better start than the eReader, Transfer Pak, N64/GCN microphones, first DS camera, 64DD, and so on.

Pureauthor said:
Also, concerning Wii: I really wonder how Iwata is responding to all this.
(laughs)

sankao said:
So is it possible for the PS3 YTD to out do the Wii YTD at the end of this year ?
I'm gonna go with no. Even if the current percentage drops for the year so far carry through to the end, Wii would be at something like 1.14M. That's more than PS3 did last year, and PS3 is also down from last year.

max-pain

AranhaHunter said:
Holy shit, that's gotta be a typo, 359k Day 1?

First week

Yakuza 1 = 130k
Yakuza 2 = 281k

Maybe it's 35.9k (but that looks way too low) or just a prediction by someone (not an actual number).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
bttb said:
First Day Sales (02/26)

[NDS] Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 (Bandai Namco) - LE 18,500 (50%) / SE 8,000 (20%)

That's not super hot. The original did 45k first week, and the split between LE and SE here is not great. Also, note that Namco released pretty near the same amount of LE as they did SE. Talk about missing the point!

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
That's not super hot. The original did 45k first week, and the split between LE and SE here is not great. Also, note that Namco released pretty near the same amount of LE as they did SE. Talk about missing the point!

You can't blame "Namco" this time. Strangely enough, while the original was released under the Namco label, the sequel is being released under the Bandai label. No idea why that happened though.

Spiegel

Wow, great sales for Yakuza (and Musou but that was expected).

Sinobi comparisons

First day sales of yakuza games

Ryu ga Gotoku 73k
Ryu ga Gotoku 2 189k
Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! 114k
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 232k

HUGE first day sales for Yakuza

First day sales of psp games:
Phantasy Star Portable 217k (640k LTD)
Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid 152k
Gundam Vs Gundam 149k (380k LTD)

Spiegel said:
Wow, great sales for Yakuza (and Musou but that was expected).

Sinobi comparisons

First day sales of yakuza games

Ryu ga Gotoku 73k
Ryu ga Gotoku 2 189k
Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! 114k
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 232k

HUGE first day sales for Yakuza

First day sales of psp games:
Phantasy Star Portable 217k (640k LTD)
Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid 152k
Gundam Vs Gundam 149k (380k LTD)

impressive

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
You can't blame "Namco" this time. Strangely enough, while the original was released under the Namco label, the sequel is being released under the Bandai label. No idea why that happened though.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Weird. Well then, *fistshake* Bandai.

f@luS

More than a member.
super numbers for yakuza . Great jp games can do really well even on ps3. I really wonder how would Star ocean sell on ps3....ill wait for FF

Spiegel

Pureauthor said:
Hmm... Seems kinda disappointing for Musou.

The latest Musou games have had great legs on psp.

Musou Orochi (51k first week 162 LTD)
Musou Orochi 2 (42k first week 156k LTD)

I'd not call the previsible 380k/400k LTD sales (at least) disappointing

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Segata Sanshiro said:
It's got to be so damn frustrating for SEGA that America doesn't give a shit about the series.

Hey, dude, America cares about it more than Opoona, and that's the best enw IP of the generation :/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
charlequin said:
and the Wii is floundering and has no third-party support to speak of despite trouncing both of its competitors combined because people want that badly

I know I keep saying this, but I really think there is a noticable uptick in 3rd party support for the 2nd half of 2009. Now whether that's due to Nintendo reaching out or publishers just looking for sales I don't know.

RpgN

max-pain said:

What's up with that link and their users comparing SO4 vs Y3 all the time? It's hilarious!

And good numbers for Y3, of course. It was ought to sell this well with the amount of endorsement and promotion it got. 300k first week?

Also nice numbers for Multi Raid :D

Segata Sanshiro said:
Wow. RGG really is a rising star in Japan.

It's got to be so damn frustrating for SEGA that America doesn't give a shit about the series.
I'm sure Sega of America will give it the utmost support, just like Valkyria Chronicles.

Sega of America sucks almost as much as Nintendo of America.

Top Bottom