• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 08/04 - 08/10

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Neomoto said:
I don't know guys. I think it's pretty obvious that the schools must have gone out for all the kids in Japan again, obviously there is no other valid reason to explain both a boost in DS hardware and in DS software the last few weeks.

;-)

This is not the PAL charts

:lol

(Yes, I got your joke)

gantz85 said:
Suprised at the ZERO commentary about 360 and PS3 :lol I guess interest is only stirred when Sony gets fucked.

Y HELO THAR

gantz85 said:
I would think there would be plenty of commentary if 360 beat the PS3 in sales this week. That there was none this week when the old order was restored is suprising.

Anyway, carry on trolling boys.

NO U

jj984jj said:
Sigma is a S-E game, you're thinking of Knights in the Nightmare which comes out the same week as World Destruction next month. I think Inazuma has the potential to do Layton levels as well over time.

Ah, you're right. It'll be interesting to see how these upcoming RPG's do compared to each other. It would be nice if Square got another hit with Sigma, it's been a while since they've had the guts to release a new IP in the RPG genre (Don't count Last Remnant, it's not out yet). Any predictions on it? I haven't really gotten a good feel for the hype around here or in the Japanese market.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stopsign said:
Ah, you're right. It'll be interesting to see how these upcoming RPG's do compared to each other. It would be nice if Square got another hit with Sigma, it's been a while since they've had the guts to release a new IP in the RPG genre (Don't count Last Remnant, it's not out yet). Any predictions on it? I haven't really gotten a good feel for the hype around here or in the Japanese market.
It's not too high, it's made by people who worked on Dirge so I don't know how much of a chance it'll get.

Spiegel

Segata Sanshiro said:
DSL 88000
PSP 71000
Wii 50000
PS3 13000
PS2 12000
360 7200

012.gif

Busaiku said:
Yeah, those Summon Night numbers are completely off.
It launched around 30k last week (as stated in the original post). Those are Media Create numbers, but it's not gonna be off by about 200k.
Yeah, I goofed the translation on that one. It wasn't Summon Night 2, it was Taiko 2. My original post has been fixed since Ichi corrected me, but the posts that quoted me haven't been.

PhatSaqs said:
Is it also surprising to you when no one reports that the sun is in the sky after a day with a solar eclipse?
To be fair, there was much speculation last week that perhaps the 360 could manage two weeks in a row over PS3. Word about the supply issues attenuated expectations, but it was bandied about. That doesn't make gantz85's hauteur any less silly, but 360 losing to PS3 wasn't quite as inevitable as the sunrise. (If you like, replace "sunrise" with "Wii pounding them both").

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Anybody have historic Fire Emblem data?

Here's what I gleaned from Garaph.

Code:
GBA 	Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword 		345,574
GBA 	Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword 		265,286
GBA 	Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones 		236,370
DS	Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons…		181,000
Wii 	Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 		171,924
GCN 	Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki 		156,413

Any help is appreciated.

Wow, Wario really is showing some decent legs. I'm still holding out hope for Europe and the US to give the game the sales it deserves, but things aren't so bad in Japan as I originally thought.

AniHawk

PantherLotus said:
Anybody have historic Fire Emblem data?

What, Thracia 776 and earlier?

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of Holy War (Fire Emblem IV): 429,763
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Fire Emblem V): 106,108

...That's all I have though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
AniHawk said:

is that famitsu?

thank you.

AniHawk

PantherLotus said:
is that famitsu?

thank you.

The first is magicbox data, which may be Dengeki or Famitsu. Thracia's I got from wikipedia, and they're ALWAYS right (though I do remember seeing that number from pre-wiki days when FE VII was being released here).

donny2112

Dragona Akehi said:
Y HELO THAR

NO U

You're great. :D

I just finished Dragon Warrior III GBC last night. The snake following thing wasn't so bad, but I'm still not sure about getting DQIV. I really liked the NP article from a few months back, though, so I'm still debating it. I'll probably get Chrono Trigger just because I've never played it before and have heard random good things about it for years.

Edit:
776 - 159K

The 429,763 is Famitsu.

Link

The Autumn Wind
AniHawk said:

Hmm, I guess Thracia 776 being released so late really hurt its sales. (Last SNES game officially released, right?)

jimbo

Banned
Where are the MC numbers? Shouldn't have those been poseted by now?

What made the PS3 jump 4,000? If that's accurate.

And will the 360 sell 0 next week? Bummer for the shortage. It could have very well done it 2 weeks in a row.

Top Bottom