• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/22 - 10/28 2007

Olaeh

charlequin said:
DQ showed up because the DS was already selling well --

I agree with this. DQ came to the DS because it already had the userbse, and that is largely thanks to Nintendo's first party offerings. Yes FFIII, GS, and other 3rd party games helped, but the real reason for this large userbase is due to Brain Training, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, etc...

Its nice to think that 3rd parties and Nintendo brought the DS to it's userbase together, but I believe that Nintendo wouldn't be getting this kind of support had they not brought the userbase up to a certain level relatively on their own (since 3rd parties weren't giving it the level of support they are now). Kind of like a vicious cycle of 3rd parties not giving it major support until it has the userbase, but it can't get the userbase without the major support. First party games brought the userbase up to that level where 3rd parties would take it seriously imo.

Deku

Banned
ethelred said:
Okay, people. You win; I give up. Clearly early DS adopters did so without the expectation that the system would function as a recipient of successful, sales-driving third party games like those of Square Enix (who announced a slew of games before and during the DS launch) or Capcom. And clearly the DS's subsequent popularity was driven not by the totality of its deep and diverse software library; rather, it was driven only by Nintendo games' popularity, which is why third parties across the board have consistently since launch performed poorly. Clearly there were no significant segments of the DS userbase that bought in based on personal interest in any of the third party games over half a million. Clearly DRAGON QUEST 9 played no role in helping the DS continue to exceed every expectation. And just as Weishit says that the Wii need no third party games in the sense that the DS needed none of them, clearly the DS would have performed just as monumentally well with such a consistent level of broadbased popularity without any third party games.

You win. I finally give up.

:(

Lobster

Banned
Manberg900 said:
I still don't know what the fuck Zack and Wiki is and apparently Japan doesn't either. Bottomline is that Ace Combat boosted the 360 sales more than Mario Galaxy did for Wii sales. 360 sales almost tripled while Wii sales stayed the same. Bottomline. It's surprising yes but it's an anomaly. It won't last. 360 sales will plummet once again and the Wii's sales will continue to level off.

Wii sales went up roughly 40%. 360 sales more then tripled..It went up by 500%.

Zack and Wiki is a great game in a genre that doesn't do to well in sales.

NSider

The 360 actually beat the PS3 in Japan this week? Wow.

The thread title should be changed, I think. This is probably a once in a lifetime thing.

Top Bottom