• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/27 - 12/03

Raw64life

cvxfreak said:
Top 30 Ranking:

DS: 15
Wii: 6
PS2: 6
PSP: 2
GBA: 1

PS3: 0
360: 0

HD = pwned.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl = ~3.5 million

While it can't be confirmed 100%, Pokemon D/P is most likely the new DS all time best seller in Japan.

Juice

cvxfreak said:
Top 30 Ranking:

That about wraps it up for next gen.

Good thing, too. That phrase was really starting to wear on me (and Japan).

castle007

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Top 30 Ranking:

Actually their sales will have gone up.

hmmm, last week there were 19 DS games in the top 30. Iwata said that the Wii shouldn't affect the DS's success, but it might be if these becomes a pattern.

Edit: maybe I am looking at this the wrong way. I guess it doesn't matter if the DS only has 15 game, what matters is that the sales went up compared to last week

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
I read somewhere that DS Shortages are over since Wii came out. Can anyone Confirm/Deny?
or at least remind me where I read this? lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PantherLotus said:
Something isn't adding up. How can Blue Dragon have only sold six hundred copies?
He's joking, BD came out today (12/07 in Japan).

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
jj984jj said:
Wow, no PS3 games in the top 30 at all. If the same happens next week it won't look good since BD is guaranteed to chart.

Don't let Sony fans see this chart!!

castle007 said:
hmmm, last week there were 19 DS games in the top 30. Iwata said that the Wii shouldn't affect the DS's success, but it might be if these becomes a pattern.

Edit: maybe I am looking at this the wrong way. I guess it doesn't matter if the DS only has 15 game, what matters is that the sales went up compared to last week

As long as the games keep selling, it doesn't matter if not as many chart. I mean, there's a whole 'nother platform out there now.

Xavien

So i guess the 360 game in the charts last week was a fluke (DOAX2), i mean it was in the top10 and then completely dropped off the top 30. Independent breast physics was not enough to hold it somewhere in the top 30 i guess :lol

PantherLotus said:
Something isn't adding up. How can Blue Dragon have only sold six hundred copies?
Xbox360 is showing self-restraint, it doesn't want to make Sony and Nintendo look bad when it dominates Japan and outsells the PS2's lifetime sales.

jj984jj

I Am Error said:
Xbox360 is showing self-restraint, it doesn't want to make Sony and Nintendo look bad when it dominates Japan and outsells the PS2's lifetime sales.
:lol

Impersonating Bebpo?

sphinx

the piano man
I don't know why people keep asking " where are the PS3 games?? mmh?? huh?? "

We all know since long ago that sony is having production problems and the systems simply aren't there. Considering the actuall install base of the system, the bad press, and the uninteresting portfolio of games the PS3 has, wanting its games on that list is delusional.

I normally don't care about the PS3, at all. But the ever recurring question of " Where is PS3?, BOMBAZ!! amirite?? " seems like trolling to me.

nevertheless, its nice to see Nintendo taking its kingdom back.

Iwata, its saviour.

congrats. to him.

CoolTrick

Banned

Wtf?

More software = more units you need to sell to make the chart. Doesn't mean sales of DS titles went down.

threeball

Banned
I Am Error said:

you forgot your /Bepbo footnote

ATTENTION: TOPIC CREATOR: PLEASE PUT IN THE ORIGINAL POST THAT THE WII SALES ARE FOR 2 DAYS ONLY, PEOPLE ARE SEEMING TO FORGET THIS

Raw64life

JohnsonUT said:
Is there a way for those to add up and not make sony look bad? Maybe PS2 at 0?

If anything, PS2 sales might be higher than usual with the release of ToD and SN4 this week.

sphinx said:
I don't know why people keep asking " where are the PS3 games?? mmh?? huh?? "

We all know since long ago that sony is having production problems and the systems simply aren't there. Considering the actuall install base of the system, the bad press, and the uninteresting portfolio of games the PS3 has, wanting its games on that list is delusional.

I normally don't care about the PS3, at all. But the ever recurring question of " Where is PS3?, BOMBAZ!! amirite?? " seems like trolling to me.

nevertheless, its nice to see Nintendo taking its kingdom back.

Iwata, its saviour.

congrats. to him.
Doesn't that kinda define bomba?

apotema

Yay!! Legendary thread.. 60 pages Go Go Go!!!

Lol Blue Dragon flopped............. WTH with Zelda??? Usually Zelda games don't have good legs, what will happen now??

ksamedi

I cant believe Microsoft is betting on BD to get some market share in Japan, i mean, they have tons of money, why not buy out some companies and do it the right way, but its too late now, 360 is doomed in Japan. I think Wii will take over the charts from now on, DS had its time, and now it will return to normal GBA status and let his big brother handle things.

Juice

Hey, can somebody tell me which number is higher?

1. Cumulative game sales on PS3
2. Number of PS3s sold on Day 1 in Japan.

If number 2 is higher than number 1, let's make it some sort of contest to guess how many weeks it takes for 1 to overtake it.

mj1108

Verano said:
Don't let Sony fans see this chart!!

chwiimanualfl7.jpg

ksamedi said:
I cant believe Microsoft is betting on BD to get some market share in Japan, i mean, they have tons of money, why not buy out some companies and do it the right way, but its too late now, 360 is doomed in Japan. I think Wii will take over the charts from now on, DS had its time, and now it will return to normal GBA status and let his big brother handle things.

If anything this chart has shown it's that even with the Wii, the DS is unphased.

Of course the real test will be in the coming weeks, but still....

Damn NPD is gonna overshadow MC Hardware tommorow.
I propose that MC hardware show sup in the middle of the NPD tommorow as a mid thread break. (And Nintendo fanboy ****fest)

AniHawk

jett said:
So where is FF3DS? Has it reached 1 zillion yet? lollerz.

No. And it doesn't look like SE's supporting the system anymore either, as evidenced by Crisis Core on the PSP.

ksamedi said:

Don't you think M$ have already tryed.

jj984jj

AniHawk said:
No. And it doesn't look like SE's supporting the system anymore either, as evidenced by Crisis Core on the PSP.
How much will Crisis Core sell? Will an new S-E PSP game beat Monster Hunter?

Top Bottom