• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 14 - 20 August

Hero

This pretty much assures FFIII becoming a million seller. And before all of you "FF games sell over 80% in the first week," that is true of console RPGs. I'd wager that FFIII, like all other DS games, will continue to sell briskly until it reachs a million.

Also, are the hardware numbers including the FFIII bundle? Seems kind of low.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hero said:
This pretty much assures FFIII becoming a million seller. And before all of you "FF games sell over 80% in the first week," that is true of console RPGs. I'd wager that FFIII, like all other DS games, will continue to sell briskly until it reachs a million.

Only 25K FFIII DS Lite bundles were shipped.

Hero said:

Then why did Children of Mana drop so fast (it's an RPG & a DS game & made by Square)?
i would think sales would be similar to CoM.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Square2005 said:
Then why did Children of Mana drop so fast (it's an RPG & a DS game & made by Square)?
CoM might've dropped out of the top 10, but it stayed in the charts long enough to reach nearly 300K. Unless by brisky he means it'll stay over 100K...

heidern

Square2005 said:
CoM did 102K in the first week and over 260K lifetime. It's an RPG & a DS game & made by Square so if FFIII follows a similar pattern it'll do over 1.3M lifetime.

Hero said:

Kirby
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Metroid
Star Fox
Pokemon Dash
Tace Memory
Jump Superstars
MegaMan ZX
Digimon Story
Children of Mana
Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 2
Egg Monster Heroes
Dragonball Z Supersonic Warriros
Castlevania
Advance Wars
Yoshi Touch and Go
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

Need I go on?

apujanata

heidern said:
CoM did 102K in the first week and over 260K lifetime. It's an RPG & a DS game & made by Square so if FFIII follows a similar pattern it'll do over 1.3M lifetime.

Interesting. If FF3 can do more than 1 Million in Japan, it probably have good sales in US.

Top Bottom