• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 14 - 20 August

I was thinking more along the lines of downloadable demos and link content between AC:WW and ACWii. Stuff like that.

I'm not really sure how Brain Training would work on a console, really.

Pureauthor said:
I was thinking more along the lines of downloadable demos and link content between AC:WW and ACWii. Stuff like that.

I'm not really sure how Brain Training would work on a console, really.

I dont think it would, im interested in seeing Nintendo's strategy for the Wii.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
NOW, I SEE HARMY TREND -> Sales of Animal Crossing Wild World before New Super Mario Bros we're a 40% (aprox) bigger than the sales after New Super Mario Bros. Now, New Super Mario Bros sales are 40% (aprox) down after the release of Final Fantasy III.

So, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE BIG SELLER AT A TIME!

SAD TREND!!!!

Jonnyram

neo2046 said:
PS2 Sengoku Barasa 2 - 10601
Are you sure this isn't the 360 version, which was released last week?

Congrats to Nintendo (and Square Enix, of course) on monopolizing the entire top 10 this week with DS software. It's good to be on the winning team, eh, Wada-san?

Thomper

So... these lists are practically confirmed, as they're from the same source as the last few weeks that was right as well? If so, shouldn't we open the next topic. :D It Must Be Done. I'm off now, though.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Scalemail Ted said:
Oh Jesus! How did I miss that!?!

:lol

That is bad though. :-(
No it's not. There was probably not a single person that had to decide between these 2. I think it's safe to call the overlap 0%.

ethelred

Another 30k sales for Mario Basket... nice. That brings it to 233,762. It's now more than 110k over Mario Tennis Advance for the GBA (notable because Tennis was a Nintendo-published game which is now getting beaten by a non-Nintendo game).

If anyone's curious -- between the sales for FF3 and Mario Basket, this brings Square Enix's average DS sales to 279,932. Not bad at all.

slaughterking said:
So far the charts:

Japan/Software

01 NDS FF3 - 503.051
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556
03 NDS Rune Factory - 42.210
04 NDS Brain Age 2 - 41.784
05 NDS Cooking Navi - 37.326
06 NDS Tamagotch 2 - 30.504
07 NDS Mario Basketball 3on3 - 30.355
08 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 30.023
09 NDS Brain Age - 22.866
10 NDS English Training - 17.465

We need Monorojo in here now.

Shiggy

ethelred said:
Another 30k sales for Mario Basket... nice. That brings it to 233,762. It's now more than 110k over Mario Tennis Advance for the GBA (notable because Tennis was a Nintendo-published game which is now getting beaten by a non-Nintendo game).

Tennis was done by Camelot Software Planning (no, they are/were no 2nd party like Skip Ltd.), a 3rd party just like SquareEnix.
And Mario Tennis Advance and Mario Slam Basketball were both published by Nintendo.

Basketball deserves it, it's an excellent title. Huge shame there isn't a 6p local multiplayer or any online mode though. It really would have turned this into a AAA title, maybe in the next one.

It'd also be a travesty if the gorgeous engine it uses doesn't get used in another Mario Sports title. After seeing the care that went into Basketball, I'd be more than happy for SE to have a crack at Golf or Tennis.

ethelred

Shiggy said:
Tennis was done by Camelot Software Planning (no, they are/were no 2nd party like Skip Ltd.), a 3rd party just like SquareEnix.
And Mario Tennis Advance and Mario Slam Basketball were both published by Nintendo.

Tennis was developed by Camelot, but published by Nintendo. Are you sure that Mario Basket is published by Nintendo? Nintendo is publishing it in Europe and North America, but I'm pretty sure Square Enix published the game themselves in Japan.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Probationsmack said:
Didnt pokemon come out in the last two days? Whats the word on it? Did the country experience record truancy rates? something?
Trust me, you'll know about it when pokemon comes out.

Rock_Man

Jonnyram said:
Are you sure this isn't the 360 version, which was released last week?

No, that was Sengoku Musou. It was released two weeks ago and sold 2422 first week.

I knew DS was going to take all top ten positions this week and I actually expected even higher software sales. Still extremely good performance though :)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Probationsmack said:
No seriouisly, wasnt it supposed to come out on the 28th? Or was it september?
there would be a huge circus here on gaf if the game was out or ever weeks before it's realease date

Shiggy

ethelred said:
Tennis was developed by Camelot, but published by Nintendo. Are you sure that Mario Basket is published by Nintendo? Nintendo is publishing it in Europe and North America, but I'm pretty sure Square Enix published the game themselves in Japan.

I don't think Nintendo let's other companies publish games with their characters nowerdays. It got a webpage on Nintendo.co.jp: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ab3j/index.html
I think only Nintendo games get such a page. Does one on the website of SE exist?

Tadaima

slaughterking said:
01 NDS FF3 - 503.051
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556

ken.jpg

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
slaughterking said:
So far the charts:

Japan/Software

01 NDS FF3 - 503.051
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556

no ****ing way

Shiggy

AndoCalrissian said:
Count on it. Diet Training is already rumored, and the machine comes with the Opera browser. Just the tip of the iceburg, I'm sure.

Opera is available on VC for a fee according to NCL.

Can you imagine how it would be like if Pokemon was released? Do you guys think that Pearl/Diamond will become the best-selling Pokemon game ever?

Tyrael

01 NDS FF3 - 503.051 / NEW
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556 / 2.901.264
03 NDS Rune Factory - 42.210 / NEW
04 NDS Brain Age 2 - 41.784 / 3.073.195
05 NDS Cooking Navi - 37.326 / 384.045
06 NDS Tamagotchi 2 - 30.504 /430.933
08 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 30.023 / 3.149.131
09 NDS Brain Age - 22.866 / 2.736.150

Only missing the totals for Mario 3x3 and English Training.

slaughterking said:
So far the charts:

Japan/Software

01 NDS FF3 - 503.051
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556

butbbutbut only non-games and first party games sell on the DS

Now that FFIII has owned the sales charts, let's speculate what SE will remake next for the DS (they said they would if FFIII was succesful, and well... :D). Or maybe I'll make a thread.

edit: boasting aside, I still really hope FFIII can eventually reach 1mil.

Jasper

This is the time when Nintendo should start blackmailing SE to develop a shitload of Wii games or if not, bye bye Nintendo portable systems development licence....again! :lol :lol

Honestly, could you imagine if Nintendo were to pull a stunt like that...just when SE realise they have hit the jackpot with DS developed titles...WHAM!!! - Nintendo revokes their license again to develop any further games for the system. That would leave Square-Enix releasing their portable games on the dead PSP in Japan.

Jasper said:
This is the time when Nintendo should start blackmailing SE to develop a shitload of Wii games or if not, bye bye Nintendo portable systems development licence....again! :lol :lol

Honestly, could you imagine if Nintendo were to pull a stunt like that...just when SE realise they have hit the jackpot with DS developed titles...WHAM!!! - Nintendo revokes their license again to develop any further games for the system. That would leave Square-Enix releasing their portable games on the dead PSP in Japan.

Trust me, the PSP wouldn't be "dead" in Japan any more if it received undivided attention from SE of this caliber. If anything, Nintendo should be rewarding heavy and successful DS supporters with lower costs for the Wii

Snaku

Banned
Chris Michael said:
Now that FFIII has owned the sales charts, let's speculate what SE will remake next for the DS (they said they would if FFIII was succesful, and well... :D). Or maybe I'll make a thread.

FFVII :lol

Top Bottom