• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/26 - 3/4

johnsmith

remember me
moku said:
This kind of thing should be banable. I'm sick of it already. It starts problems, and those using it know it.

Signed.

But you can taste the bitter, bitter tears every time someone uses it.

It's a guarantee FF3 will be a non-game by tomorrow, i think it was 1k shy from it last week. Unless Squenix only shipped 999,999 then FF3 is saved!

milanbaros

Member?
Without FFIII has anybody got a list of Japanese million sellers? It must be reaching the PS2 level by now. How many titles reached non game status for consoles and portables in the past. I'm guessing its between the NES and the Playstation.

CorwinB

milanbaros said:
Without FFIII has anybody got a list of Japanese million sellers? It must be reaching the PS2 level by now. How many titles reached non game status for consoles and portables in the past. I'm guessing its between the NES and the Playstation.

No, no, no, you don't get it. "Non-game" status is only for DS and Wii.

milanbaros said:

Off the top of my head:

Tetris DS
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Diamond/ Pearl (well over 1,000,000 each, but counted together)
Brain Training
More Brain Training
Big Brain Academy
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Mario Kart DS
Nintendogs
Animal Crossing: Wild World
English Training
WarioWare Touched
Common Knowledge Training
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop
Love & Berry DS

...with Kirby: Squeak Squad & Final Fantasy III pretty much guaranteed to pass 1,000,000 in the next few weeks - and you can probably safely add FFXII: Revenant Wings and Dragon Quest IX to the list as well :)

creamsugar

Famitsu last week

1. Yoshi's Island DS (DS)
2. MHP2 (PSP)
3. Gundam (PS3)
4. SRWW (DS)
5. Professor Layton (DS)
6. kenkabancho2 (PS2)
7. DQMJ (DS)
8. Wii Sports (Wii)
9. Pokemon (DS)
10. NewSMB (DS)

creamsugar said:
Famitsu last week

1. Yoshi's Island DS (DS)
2. MHP2 (PSP)
3. Gundam (PS3)
4. SRWW (DS)
5. Professor Layton (DS)
6. kenkabancho2 (PS2)
7. DQMJ (DS)
8. Wii Sports (Wii)
9. Pokemon (DS)
10. NewSMB (DS)

Gundam has legs!

Taker666

Pureauthor said:
Yow! What happened to Wii Play?

Perhaps the Wii didn't get its usual stock boost? The fact that Wii Sports has dropped down the charts seems to point to less Wii hardware being sold.

Maybe they see the west as a bigger priority for stock at present due to their current lead in Japan.

nli10

Kafel said:
Less sales for the Wii this week I guess.

Nintendo is doing stocks for the Golden Week.

Pretty much certain - the UK is similarly gearing up for Easter. We have actual games - being released!

Today is the Japanese Valantines day though so little Pink DS spike in readiness? :D

DarkMehm

from sinobi:

Yoshi's Island 2 250k
Heroes of Mana 20k

DS 100k
Wii 50k

there is more on his blog, but I could not identify the rest. ;(

ethelred

HoM is a phenomenal bomb, after Seiken Densetsu IV killed the franchise -- it's the twitching spasms of a corpse you sometimes see after a head gets cut off.

50k Wii means demand's finally dying down. About time. Now next-gen can start up.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ethelred said:
HoM is a phenomenal bomb, after Seiken Densetsu IV killed the franchise -- it's the twitching spasms of a corpse you sometimes see after a head gets cut off.

50k Wii means demand's finally dying down. About time. Now next-gen can start up.

or Nintendo is building up stock for next month...

ethelred said:

This post says everything that needs to be said. :lol

Our fellow GAFfers in Japan would have told us if Wiis had started to pile up in Japanese stores, or?

Hopefully Nintendo -does- have enough Wiis saved up for Super Paper Mario and Big Brain Academy, though.

Evlar

Banned
bud said:
omg wii had low shipments amirite
... Probably. Still have anecdotal evidence as recent as the beginning of this week that it's sold out, and still sold out at Amazon.co.jp. But believe what you want.

If those figures hold true, that’s a surprisingly low week for both DS and Wii. I certainly expected Wii to bounce back up to around the 70k mark, based on the up & down pattern of the last wee while, so seeing it staying put at around the same point as the previous week is interesting.

Fantastic figures for Yoshi’s Island, though - and I’ll be keen to see what kind of gap there is between first and second/third/fourth place on the chart as it will give us some indication of the legs MHP2 and Gundam are likely to have.

bud

DeaconKnowledge said:
God I love Bud.

Wants everybody to shut up about sales figures, until the day that it looks like Nintendo is losing its grip.

no, in fact, i would love to hear your analysis regarding this situation

lol

Kenka

Chiinese New Year maybe ?

However, nobody excepted better sales for Yoshi ? It seems a bit disappointing considering the huge success of the prequel :lol

DeaconKnowledge said:
God I love Bud.

Wants everybody to shut up about sales figures, until the day that it looks like Nintendo is losing its grip.

God: Did it just for you, DeaconKnowledge. Just for you.

Vinnk

splattergnome said:
Our fellow GAFfers in Japan would have told us if Wiis had started to pile up in Japanese stores, or?

Hopefully Nintendo -does- have enough Wiis saved up for Super Paper Mario and Big Brain Academy, though.

All I can comment on are the 4 game stores in my town. None of them have any Wii systems for sale.

schuelma

bud said:
no, in fact, i would love to hear your analysis regarding this situation

lol

As I see it there are two possibilities

One, Wii demand is starting to slack despite plenty of evidence from this board that the system is still sold out.

Two, Nintendo is A giving more units to Europe and N.A and B holding back units in preparation of next month which will be a monster.

Now, both are possible, but the evidence points a lot stronger to number two, don't you think?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
schuelma said:
or Nintendo is building up stock for next month...

maybe since april is gonna be huge with many game releases(ff12:rw,gs4,paper mario,one piece,bba)+golden week ....

farnham

Banned
DarkMehm said:
from sinobi:

Yoshi's Island 2 250k
Heroes of Mana 20k

DS 100k
Wii 50k

Yoshi sells at a high pace. It sold 250k and that is more then the Kirby title last year or Catch Touch YOshi
The hot item for this golden Week will probably be Yoshi DS (well deserved:) )

New Super Mario Bros sold 4.2 Million

Heroes of mana sold less then expected. Only 20k were sold despite various price drops. The price will probably drop even further.
DragoN Sakura sold 3k to 5k

■Wii :「Wii 」

New titles did not sell that well. Eyeshield 21 managed to sell 10k but Wii sports and Wii play are still the system sellers.

The system sells about 50k

PSP

Monster Hunter 2 helped its sales once again and it sells about 50k

■PS3 :「PLAYSTATION 3(60GB) 」

Gundam Musou sells 200k LTD

but the PS3 itself shows slow numbers.. its back to where it was 2 weeks ago (20k ish)

With DS at 100K i'd say its more of a stock issue than demand issue.
Golden Week isn't far away and they'll need a lot of stock in the USA, and Japan what with Paper Mario and Brain Academy coming next month.

schuelma

Gundam Musou sells 200k LTD

but the PS3 itself shows slow numbers.. its back to where it was 2 weeks ago (20k ish)

Yikes..so much for the bump

Evlar

Banned
I think Yoshi's Island DS reaching 1 million is obvious and inevitable. Will it be the next HUGE thing, in league with NSMB, Animal Crossing, Brain Training?

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
The Sphinx said:
I think Yoshi's Island DS reaching 1 million is obvious and inevitable. Will it be the next HUGE thing, in league with NSMB, Animal Crossing, Brain Training?
No, it's way too hard for pussy gamers

SRG01

DarkMehm said:
from sinobi:

Yoshi's Island 2 250k
Heroes of Mana 20k

DS 100k
Wii 50k

Wait, 50k? What the eff?

Okay, so even I knew that Wii demand would start to taper a bit in the future because of the lack of software, but...

50k? What about the Wii selling out everywhere in Japan?

Supply constrained, anyone?

Top Bottom