• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/12 - 3/18

bmf said:
86.67% Nintendo. 13.33% Sony. Wow

I said Wow.

But if you round up it becomes 87/13. I said wow.

Nice second week sales for Yoshi and nice to see Monster Hunter (barely) pass a million.

RaidenZR

Man, Yoshi's Island DS pales in comparision to so many other games. I hope if they base another sequel based off of these sales that Nintendo keeps it in-house.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Didn't the Cooking Recipe App sold more than 1million? the same for Kirby Squeak Squad

AniHawk

RaidenZR said:
Man, Yoshi's Island DS pales in comparision to so many other games. I hope if they base another sequel based off of these sales that Nintendo keeps it in-house.

That probably won't happen.

ylvis_

Banned
RaidenZR said:

You're kiddin' right?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Great to see MHP2 broke 1m mark so soon, kudos to Capcom.
Very nice legs for Layton, DQMJ and Yoshi.

RaidenZR said:

I agree actually. Totally uninspired game, but it was solid and got the job done. I don't think Nintendo has the time though to deal with derivative projects like this internally.

Vinnk

Good numbers. Nothing surprising this week. Would have liked to see Sonic do a bit better..

Meanwhile Layton is still going strong and 3rd parties seem to be doing better on the DS lately. Congrats to Monster Hunter 2nd, PSPs first non-game. How close if the first Monster Hunter from "crossing over"?

On a side note, Last week it was requested that I make a "Vinnk's Village" post about software availability the smallish town I live in. I will post that right after hardware number go up tomorrow. I will hit the store tonight after work. I am currently looking for the availability of:

Wii Hardware
DS lite
Layton
DQM:J

It in no way represents all of Japan but it is further anecdotal evidence of whether of not certain things are supply constrained outside of Tokyo/Osaka.

apujanata

VicAlpha said:
Didn't the Cooking Recipe App sold more than 1million? the same for Kirby Squeak Squad

nope.
Kirby : Squeak Squad (Hoshi no Kirby DS) 887,493

Cooking Navi DS (Shaberu! Oryouri Nabi) 622,569

What about games like Love and Berry, Kirby, Tamogatchi 2, and Jump Superstars 2, how close are they to a million?

Love & Berry 871,962
Tamagochi 2 (no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi Gohiikini) 744,606
Jump Ultimate Stars 624,846

KINGMOKU

It's like nothing else exists in Japan except for Nintendo. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? Legs? I'm sick of ****ing legs.

Where the hel are the new PS3 releases? Was anything released last week? ANYTHING? I dont see how a "Stupid argument poster" has any ground to stand on this week.

Was anything released fo the 360? Is there any big games due to be released for next weeks MC numbers?

moku said:
It's like nothing else exists in Japan except for Nintendo. What the hell is there to discuss anymore? Legs? I'm sick of ****ing legs.

Where the hel are the new PS3 releases? Was anything released last week? ANYTHING? I dont see how a "Stupid argument poster" has any ground to stand on this week.

Was anything released fo the 360? Is there any big games due to be released for next weeks MC numbers?

Have faith, moku. I do.

ylvis_

Banned
super funk said:
What about games like Love and Berry, Kirby, Tamogatchi 2, and Jump Superstars 2, how close are they to a million?

I think Kirby, Love Berry and Tamagotchi 2 are all in the 850k-900k area. I might be wrong. Jump Ultimate Stars should be around 800k I think.

Edit: Beaten by more solid numbers.

Thraktor

Using my new, super-sophisticated-Wii-Sports-based-prediction-algorithm, Wii hardware sales should be at 49,829 for the week, meaning lowered shipments are likely to continue. How many weeks left until golden week?

KINGMOKU

Segata Sanshiro said:
Have faith, moku. I do.
What are they going to do? Argue with theyrself?

360/PS3 fans going at each others throats?

Man, someone has to break the Europeans wal down, so we can start getting organized number from across Europe, with actuall sales numbers. Japan is boring now.

Can anything be done on that front?

I don't know why I even bothered going into this thread. Same news, different week. Nintendo can so easily develop platinum and diamond sellers that sooner or later they're going to start copying games from third-parties just to recall what it actually feels like to sell under 100k.

moku said:

There you go with your make believe consoles and their supposed new games in Nintendoland. :)

Seriously though, I wonder what else can MS do to bolster the 360 in Japan. So early in the game and they have pretty much already rejected it. Sony may still have a chance. The thing is that people keep talking about "price drop get" and considering the amount they are already losing, I think a price drop before Q2 2008 is unpossible.

Evlar

Banned
bgassassin said:
There you go with your make believe consoles and their supposed new games in Nintendoland. :)

Seriously though, I wonder what else can MS do to bolster the 360 in Japan. So early in the game and they have pretty much already rejected it. Sony may still have a chance. The thing is that people keep talking about "price drop get" and considering the amount they are already losing, I think a price drop before Q2 2008 is unpossible.
This continued strong Capcom support can help I think. DMC isn't an insignificant series in Japan, and surely someone there will want to save a buck. Or a yen.

Saitou

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
03. (PSP, Capcom) Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 64,368 / 1,000,599
home02_small.jpg

Very nice legs for Layton, as well.

Vinnk

Thraktor said:
Using my new, super-sophisticated-Wii-Sports-based-prediction-algorithm, Wii hardware sales should be at 49,829 for the week, meaning lowered shipments are likely to continue. How many weeks left until golden week?

It officially starts on April 29th, but the 28th is a saterday. Anyway, around that time.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Thraktor said:

Spring vacation starts Tuesday.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
ylvis_ said:
The DS has 3 third-party million sellers. The PSP has 1.

Are you sure you didn't mean DS has 0 third party million sellers and PSP has 31?

Oblivion said:
Are you sure you didn't mean DS has 0 third party million sellers and PSP has 31?

Um, PSP barely has one. DS is the winner when it comes to third party sales. Stop being such a PSP third party fanboy.

AniHawk

super funk said:
Um, PSP barely has one. DS is the winner when it comes to third party sales. Stop being such a PSP third party fanboy.

When was the last time a third party game sold 1,000,000 on the DS? MONTHS ago. Finally now, PSP games are really hitting their stride. MHP2 will be the first of many.

apujanata said:
Monster Hunter Portable 668,964
Monster Hunter Portable (PSP the Best) 257,621

MHP Combined : 926,585

I don't think MHP will make it. It hasn't made an appearance on the chart since MHP2 came out, and it probably won't come back.

MikeMyers

AniHawk said:
When was the last time a third party game sold 1,000,000 on the DS? MONTHS ago. Finally now, PSP games are really hitting their stride. MHP2 will be the first of many.

What future titles does PSP have that could sell over a million? All I could think of is Crisis Core.

Top Bottom