• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

Link

The Autumn Wind
JudgeN said:
This logic just doesn't work for me, if your hardcore gamer my personal opinion is that you always have a constant stream of money to able to support your habit. Maybe my view is corrupted because I've had a constant job since I was 15 and always had money to support my gaming habits but thats just how I look at it. I respect the Wii for what its doing it just makes me sad as a hardcore gamer that I went out and spent money on HDTV only to find this "Next generation" will be dominated by waggle and 480p. But I do enjoy my PS3 and my blue-ray movies so its not so bad.
You're looking at it the wrong way. Just because someone can afford it doesn't mean they want to pay for it. Being a hardcore gamer also doesn't only mean being upper-middle class and buying every system and game released under the sun as soon as they're released. A lot of people don't own an HDTV yet, either. Is it reasonable to expect them to not only spend $600 on a PS3, but then also spend another $1000+ on an HDTV to make that PS3 worth its value?

I keep saying it, but some people just want to play videogames. The high costs we're seeing now are only going to limit the market and hurt the industry, because it leaves a large segment of the current market out in the cold.

legend166

Just as a warning for everyone: if you jump on the Moku train you will get banned. It has been derailed.

Also, those early Wii numbers are surprisingly low. Makes me wonder what Nintendo are doing with the supposed ramp up in production.

Link

The Autumn Wind
legend166 said:
Just as a warning for everyone: if you jump on the Moku train you will get banned. It has been derailed.

Also, those early Wii numbers are surprisingly low. Makes me wonder what Nintendo are doing with the supposed ramp up in production.
Golden Week is this week, not last week. We'll see if they upped availability with the next set of numbers we get.

JudgeN

Link said:
You're looking at it the wrong way. Just because someone can afford it doesn't mean they want to pay for it. Being a hardcore gamer also doesn't only mean being upper-middle class and buying every system and game released under the sun as soon as they're released. A lot of people don't own an HDTV yet, either. Is it reasonable to expect them to not only spend $600 on a PS3, but then also spend another $1000+ on an HDTV to make that PS3 worth its value?

I keep saying it, but some people just want to play videogames. The high costs we're seeing now are only going to limit the market and hurt the industry, because it leaves a large segment of the current market out in the cold.

I understand that but just because I'm not in the current segment doesn't mean I wanna be left out in the colder either. Especially considering I've been backing the gaming industry since I was 6 with my NES. Another note before anyone says something I'm not saying the PS3 is worth the money and it doesn't need a price drop. Because it does bad I'm just speaking for my personal preference of HD gaming.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, let's not forget that the 360 is doing just fine, especially with software sales, so you probably don't need to worry about HD gaming not being around.

Link said:
Well, let's not forget that the 360 is doing just fine, especially with software sales, so you probably don't need to worry about HD gaming not being around.

Indeed. I want my HD gaming, but I think the industry as a whole needs waggle and cheap consoles. If nothing else other than to fund my HD gaming. :)

Link

The Autumn Wind
I have nothing against HD gaming either, but you just can't price the consoles out of the mass market. That's not going to help the industry grow at all. The Wii is also giving people a fresh experience, which will help bring more people into the hobby.

EDIT -
Cheesemeister said:
Golden Week is next week, 4/29 ~ 5/5, not this week.
My bad.

Who says you can't have your cake and eat it, too?

You can have your HD and Waggle from the same console next gen, at a reasonable price, thanks to Nintendo. :)

I like HD. It's so pretty. <3

loosus

Banned
Link said:
I have nothing against HD gaming either, but you just can't price the consoles out of the mass market. That's not going to help the industry grow at all.
You're right. The price is fixed. Never comin' down.

Link

The Autumn Wind
loosus said:
You're right. The price is fixed. Never comin' down.
Price drops aren't going to matter if the console doesn't take off to begin with. Not to mention third parties aren't going to just hang around losing money until that happens.

JudgeN

vanguardian1 said:
I can get a nice new 32" SDTV locally for $250 with tax. I'd think that's a much better value still.

I haven't seen a new SDTV bigger then 24" in 2-3 years, whenever I go to any electronic store anything bigger then 24 is flatscreen and HD.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
moku said:
Just got back from my mini-vacation as well, MR. Lotus.

I think it did me good. Good to have you back.

Yeah. knock off that ff-to-wii bullshit and we'll all be better off. Give it some time and keep it in appropriate threads. Funny thing is, I took my sabbatical for the same series. I made one teeny-tiny little rant about graphics supposedly controlling the destiny of the next in the series and whadya know, take a month off.

Oh well.

donny2112 said:
Circular reference. :lol

You're getting to know me too well. Too too well. :p

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
uadoub1.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Freki said:
why the **** do you bump this thread?

Because i can?

tanasten said:
:lol

You're giving meaning to the "Junior" thing.

Ye, when people get "member" status instead of "junior member" status something automaticly happends to that person so he/she is immune to making mistakes. I wonder if it will happend to me too :)

Seriously tho, lol, sorry for the bump. I had this thread bookmarked and totaly forgot that it was the old Media Create stats. I forgot to update the bookmark.

Top Bottom