• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/14 - 5/20

Busaiku

I thought that Lucky Star would be more popular with the anime.
Guess the limited demographic isn't considering it much then it seems.

Kenka

I wonder how high is the attach ratio of the DS. It sells a bit too much regarding soft numbers.

Very surprised to see such titles
ans more precisely PSP titles
stealing the first places.

test_account

XP-39C²
levious said:
that sounds pretty cool, do you have a pic of the packaging?

Sure, i just took some pics :)

WTECeeDhi.jpg

sMVBTGVec.jpg

The bag came in several of colors, but when i bought it they only had pink left. I wanted black or grey hehe :\ But pink is better than nothing :)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
test_account said:
Sure, i just took some pics :)

pretty badass, thanks!

Kenka said:
I wonder how high is the attach ratio of the DS. It sells a bit too much regarding soft numbers.

Very surprised to see such titles
ans more precisely PSP titles
stealing the first places.

the top 30 is usually 80 or 90 percent DS titles, what more do you want?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
mabuza said:
hmm mina no golf psp comes out tommorow, i wonder how well it will do

FFT and Minna no Golf are absolutely going to push the PSP sales for a while. Lets see if devs can hold the momentun and if the system will finally go wild in japan.

mabuza

Banned
tanasten said:
FFT and Minna no Golf are absolutely going to push the PSP sales for a while. Lets see if devs can hold the momentun and if the system will finally go wild in japan.
well i doubt it. fft hasnt really done much for psp hardware sales, and mina no golf hasnt even appeared on amazon charts, so we'll just have to wait and see on friday how well it does first day

tanasten said:

PSP HW sales are fine and always have been in Japan (and everywhere else as well really). Compare anything to DS and it's going to look bad but PSP has carved a pretty good market for itself. The main thing that needs to happen, everywhere, is a pickup in software sales - and not just the odd big title like FFT, MH:p2 or MGS:pO, but across the board. The lineup is pretty solid for the most part so it's possibly a marketing / demographic problem - but I have no idea tbh.

Square2005 said:
FAmitsu shows 2.96m sold so m-c was better able to track Nintendo sales than long-time sales tracker Famitsu.
It's worth noting, though, that Media Create claims a few hundred thousand more GCNs sold than shipped, while Famitsu matches the shipment number very closely.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Kurikin ~20k (near sellout)

Kurimon, not Kurikin ;)

about Lucky Star limited edition: Famitsu usually covers all issues, normal, limited and bundled editions.

Kekkaishi at #1 shows us we don't have to look at Amazon.jp top100 too much ;)

Izzy

Banned
The upcoming Minna No Golf PSP game is not a true Mingol game, but the one strongly tied to the GPS gimmick. I guess the cluleless SCEI didn't want the portable rev to demolish Mingol PS3 sales.

This is just one example of PS3 interefering with PSP fortunes, for more look at the SCEI's PSP line-up.

Moor-Angol said:
Kurimon, not Kurikin ;)

about Lucky Star limited edition: Famitsu usually covers all issues, normal, limited and bundled editions.

Kekkaishi at #1 shows us we don't have to look at Amazon.jp top100 too much ;)
Kurimon is the acronym? I looked in Cheesemeister first post and Nintendo website:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/a2kj/ and it says Kurikin something so I went with it :lol

After seeing the cover I know I saw Kekkaishi in Amazon a couple times but we didn't get first day number for it, did we?(thus felt under my radar) Btw, being on amazon top doesn't mean much but NOT being in it seriously does...poor, poor Minna no Golf Ba or whatever shitty name SCEJ came with :lol

Izzy

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
poor, poor Minna no Golf Ba or whatever shitty name SCEJ came with :lol

It's Minna no Golf Jo and it was sent to die. I hope PS3 rev flops miserably and someone loses the job over the ordeal.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
odin sphere selling well means some hentai of valentine is assured.

... I mean... dude, did you see those pics of that babe in playboy? She was totally fine, and not weird to masturbate to.

dont judge me.

jarrod

Banned
Izzy said:
It's Minna no Golf Jo and it was sent to die. I hope PS3 rev flops miserably and someone loses the job over the ordeal.
My guess for Mingol 5 is 200k 1st week, 500k lifetime. Legz!

test_account

XP-39C²
AdmiralViscen said:
Where the hell did you get that??

Bought it online from a gamingstore last year :) Afaik it was made for the Scandinavian 20 years anniversary for NES. I asked Bergsala (scandinavian Nintendo importer/distrubitior) how many were made and they said like 5000 what i recall. I dont know if that is 5000 for all of Scandinavia or 5000 for each of the 4 countries in Scandinavia.

levious said:
pretty badass, thanks!

No problem :)

jimbo said:
Trolling, wtf?

I think you need to look up the deffinition of trolling before you start throwing that word around. Me arguing about sales predictions is not trolling.

You making crap up like that is trolling ME. You sound like one of those fanatics that get obsessed with certain posters for them disagreeing with you. It's happened before around here.

Lets look back at page 28.

jimbo on page 28 said:
My friend, popularity is really hard to achive. It doesn't come overnight. And you have to go against the grain. You're just talking about what they want to hear. That's not worth 30 pages ;p

OK and with that I'm out.

You think that your trolling is, as you posted, going against the grain. You think that by coming in here, and posting that up is down, black is white, and the world is flat, and then presenting it as opinion, that you'll become popular.

You're a worthless troll.

Zoe

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
poor, poor Minna no Golf Ba or whatever shitty name SCEJ came with :lol

Would you honestly expect it to do well? It has a very very limited audience.

Zoe said:
Would you honestly expect it to do well? It has a very very limited audience.
What they have done sure not...but the first Minna no Golf for the system reached 500k. And then, instead of making a sequel to that, they make this what-the-hell-GPS edition that costs an eye and half the other one...and this is just vol 1 because they is a vol2 coming later. Just what the hell were they thinking?

As I said in last week thread (iirc), Minna no Golf Portable 2 and Minna no Tennis Portable NOW SONY OR DIE.

And if they actually want to do something WORTHY they should also release Minna no Football, Minna no Baseball....all low price, infrastructure support, connection with PS3 versions...

Zoe

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
What they have done sure not...but the first Minna no Golf for the system reached 500k. And then, instead of making a sequel to that, they make this what-the-hell-GPS edition that costs an eye and half the other one...and this is just vol 1 because they is a vol2 coming later. Just what the hell were they thinking?

Golf can be a pretty big business. Personally I would prefer the kind of units that are attached to the carts, but this one is a huge step up from the typical handhelds you get. I could definitely see the golf courses renting PSP's to the players.

Kodiak said:
odin sphere selling well means some hentai of valentine is assured.

... I mean... dude, did you see those pics of that babe in playboy? She was totally fine, and not weird to masturbate to.

dont judge me.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I want to know.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Kurimon is the acronym? I looked in Cheesemeister first post and Nintendo website:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/a2kj/ and it says Kurikin something so I went with it :lol

After seeing the cover I know I saw Kekkaishi in Amazon a couple times but we didn't get first day number for it, did we?(thus felt under my radar) Btw, being on amazon top doesn't mean much but NOT being in it seriously does...poor, poor Minna no Golf Ba or whatever shitty name SCEJ came with :lol

Sorry, my fault about Kurikin, i read quickly the title and i made a mistake changing "ki" in "mo"... Kurikin is the correct name.

I checked amazon too and Kekkaishi seems like to be sold out, cause you can't put it in the cart... maybe Bandai underestimated its sales ?

Top Bottom