• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/7 - 5/13, PS3 < 10k

Terrell

Vinnk said:
9. Sad news, “Old Reliable” (The PS3 at Famicom Dojo) was sold yesterday. A long time customer of Hiro’s came in and bought it along with the two Gundam games. Now there is just a big empty space on the store shelf, and a big empty space in my heart.
It's the end of a grand Media-Create thread tradition. Oh well, now it's just a countdown to see what other stores other than Hello-Mac will stop carrying the machine altogether.

Vinnk said:
9. Sad news, “Old Reliable” (The PS3 at Famicom Dojo) was sold yesterday. A long time customer of Hiro’s came in and bought it along with the two Gundam games. Now there is just a big empty space on the store shelf, and a big empty space in my heart.

Someone needs to post junkwaffle's "Old Reliable" art one last time. Maybe junkwaffle could draw something up to commemorate "Old Reliable" being sold? I always enjoy seeing his work.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
dabookerman said:

You've got to figure anybody who buys a 360 in Japan is doing it because they're a hardcore gamer who wants to buy lots of games. I don't think it means as much as it seems to mean.

Xavien said:
When do the Hardware Numbers come out?

stressed.gif

CoolTrick

Banned
I don't understand how the people asking about the time these numbers come out aren't even new people, but people who have been here for months.

imthemaid

Banned
CoolTrick said:
I don't understand how the people asking about the time these numbers come out aren't even new people, but people who have been here for months.

it blew my mind so much that my glasses fell off

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
CoolTrick said:

I agree. This should be the entry question for membership on GAF.

Vinnk

I called the Hello-Mac store in Oita and was unable to connect. The Nagasaki number is apparently no longer in service. I'll try again at lunch time.

Really weird.

Perhaps google maps phone nubers are out of date?

Scum

Vinnk said:

onoz.gif

Alright, NeoGaffers, own up! Which one you was it? :lol

Wii-za

When do the Hardware Numbers...just kidding!!! :D

Hi everybody!!! I'm finally back ffrom my 1-year self-imposed vacation...

First 2 posts...NPD and MC....perfect timing!

:)

Parl

duderon said:
I agree. This should be the entry question for membership on GAF.

Well, for me, hardware numbers are 2:20 AM. I've always know MC numbers to be "sometime in the middle of the night" until now.

My Chemical Mouse said:
:D Well deserved, PSP is going to be a constant seller in Japan for a long time, btw the system is soon to pass up Nintendo 64 and Sega Saturn in LTD for Japan.

Everything else is kind of meh.

You make it sound like passing N64's and Saturn's LTD is an actual achievement.

Bravo.

Saitou said:
It.... it can't be!

Such maniacal intent.... it is too much for a single man!

&#12414;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12414;&#12290;&#12290;&#12414;&#12290;&#12373;&#12290;&#12290;&#12363;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12316;&#65281;&#65281;

Dragona Akehi said:
You make it sound like passing N64's and Saturn's LTD is an actual achievement.

Bravo.

In just 2.5 years time, of course it is. 6 million+ sold by the end of the year easily mind you. You have to take your hats off to PSP, although it's behind what is soon to be the best selling system of all time (lol what isn't?) the installed base is getting more impressive every day and has no foreseeable ending.

My Chemical Mouse said:
In just 2.5 years time, of course it is. 6 million+ sold by the end of the year easily mind you. You have to take your hats off to PSP, although it's behind what is soon to be the best selling system of all time (lol what isn't?) the installed base is getting more impressive every day and has no foreseeable ending.

Just because you didn't get it the first time I'll speak in what they call the plain man's tongue:

The PSP outselling the N64 and Saturn is the equivalent of myself outpacing a one-legged man in a footrace.

Xavien

My Chemical Mouse said:
:D Well deserved, PSP is going to be a constant seller in Japan for a long time, btw the system is soon to pass up Nintendo 64 and Sega Saturn in LTD for Japan.

Welcome back MCM, Just in time for Hardware Numbers too.

Cheesemeister said:
Site's not loading. Anybody?

Not loading for me either.

Parl

Sorry to be ironic, but how long is it until hardware numbers in hours and minutes? I'll probably get the time translations wrong.

justchris

Parl said:
Less drama when it's spoiled by a few random letters in the title. You need to come in and see the entire glory of Cheese's post in one fell swoop.

I do think it should be casual friendly though:

1) Include the word Japan/Japanese in the title so that ultra-casuals know what it is, like people who left the internet to go to GAF for a while, then back to the internet.

2) And maybe change the title to indicate that hardware numbers have come through.

I suggest "Japan Weekly Sales 5/7 - 5/13 (Media Create)".

I think it could mean more views and posts, but could it also alienate existing users because it doesn't start with "Media Create"?

BLUE OCEAN

Okay, that's a suggestion I could get behind. The European sales thread has Europe in the title, so putting Japan in the MC thread seems acceptable.

Vinnk said:
TOTALS:
Wii: Sold out
DS Lite: 3
FF12: RW 35
FFT: LW 22
One Piece: 29
Ouendan 2: 3

Looks like Ouendan 2 is doing well, and FFT:TLW still seems to be selling decently, think both of them will make the top 10 next week.

Awwww...well at least it found a good home (hopefully). Can we chalk 1 sale up to Sony Gamer's Day being a success?

Saitou

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Just because you didn't get it the first time I'll speak in what they call the plain man's tongue:

The PSP outselling the N64 and Saturn is the equivalent of myself outpacing a one-legged man in a footrace.
I don't like the Tabris-impersonator mommy, make him go away :(

My Chemical Mouse said:

What's meh about everything else?
I think I know!

Unfortunately, I do agree with you on one thing though - PSP sales have been fairly impressive this year. Comparing anything to the DS is going to be bad but they've found a fairly good spot at ~30k recently after the MH2 bump and there's some decent s/w in the pipeline.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PS3 under 10k officially confirmed! Something like this should be in the topic title.

Top Bottom