• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/25 - 7/1

Jammy

Banned
VultureDude said:
To be truthful, I never really started paying attention to MC threads until the DS was released, I guess I just jumped on the hype train, lol. So what you're saying, is that this particular bongo game is half the game that either of the other Bongo games were, yet is pulling in similar first week sales numbers, basically riding Wii-mania, and will have weak, but considerably better, "legs" than the previous games?

The thing is, this game didn't get a lot of magazine time, it was practically lost in its transition over to the Wii, and most people will probably think of it as a poor man's Mario Kart.

I'd love to be proved wrong, as it looks fun and a little varied, but it reminds me of Kirby's Air Ride.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ethelred said:
Million seller? Maybe, but that's far from guaranteed at this point.

Code:
Ocarina of Time	N64  	386,234  	131,662  	1,147,068
Majora's Mask	N64 	314,414 	103,822 	601,539 
Wind Waker	GC 	287,346 	84,869 		742,609 
Minish Cap	GBA 	92,882 		30,428 		235,400 
Twilight Prncss	Wii 	145,068 	36,358 		477,075 
Phantom		NDS	288,282		160,604		448,886
It's interesting that PH have the best second week of all the Zeldas in that list. If it keep a steady flow of sales, it might past 1 million and if it past 1 million, it will surely sell more than OoT LTD.

gimz

i finally understand why the training games are selling so well

i just watched Hey Hey Hey, and they invited Dream Comes True (A band from Japan) to play the eye training, it does look really fun

and one of my japanese girl came over tonight, and we played the English Training she owned, it was great fun too!

Nintendo please bring these games here!!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
gimz said:
i finally understand why the training games are selling so well

i just watched Hey Hey Hey, and they invited Dream Comes True (A band from Japan) to play the eye training, it does look really fun

and one of my japanese girl came over tonight, and we played the English Training she owned, it was great fun too!

Nintendo please bring these games here!!
link if possible?

ethelred

Vic said:
It's interesting that PH have the best second week of all the Zeldas in that list. If it keep a steady flow of sales, it might past 1 million and if it past 1 million, it will surely sell more than OoT LTD.

Eh, I just don't see it happening. While I'd certainly like to see Phantom Hourglass go platinum (and Yoshi, too!), it doesn't seem too likely. Something like 800k, as Davey Poo suggested, seems probable... and hell, it's not like that'd be a bad result. It'd be a fantastic showing for the game.

apujanata said:
I think CVXFREAK keep track of PW games sales (my own Famitsu data doesn't go that far back, and I don't have my older Dengeki data with me now). You can also try Moor-Angol's website to get the data

Gyakuten Saiban sales.

norinrad21 said:
Maybe that wii 3rd party game wasn't advertised?

Or maybe people just don't buy third party Wii games.

Vinnk

Jammy said:
The thing is, this game didn't get a lot of magazine time, it was practically lost in its transition over to the Wii, and most people will probably think of it as a poor man's Mario Kart.

I'd love to be proved wrong, as it looks fun and a little varied, but it reminds me of Kirby's Air Ride.

I agree. I saw no TV ads (there migt have been one, but I never saw it), no posters, no flyers, nothing.

There was MUCH better advertising for games like Elebits and Red Steel. The fact that it even sold this much shows the power of first paty titles.

Terrell

goldenticket said:
layton still going strong...now just need an english version
Ouendan 2 is sitting pretty, too.

73368155_b49d3ea320.jpg

Tideas

Banned
I wonder what is it gonna take for the PS3 to sell well in Japan. I guess, a $100 PC, and FF13.

So, no PS3 in top 10 til March 08? haha

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ethelred said:
Or maybe people just don't buy third party Wii games.
I think word got out about how much it sucks. :lol

Next week will definitely be a week to watch though, with DQS coming out.

Bo130

Tideas said:
So, no PS3 in top 10 til March 08? haha

Look no further than two weeks ago:

1. DS Observation Training - 63,439
2. Trusty Bell: Chopin’s Dream - 49,334
3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 46,307
4. Wii Sports - 34,223
5. More Brain Age - 24,901
6. Wii Play - 22,161
7. New Super Mario Bros. - 19,297
8. Ouendan 2 - 16,879
9. More English Training - 15,855
10. Brain Age - 15,405

apujanata

ethelred said:
Eh, I just don't see it happening. While I'd certainly like to see Phantom Hourglass go platinum (and Yoshi, too!), it doesn't seem too likely. Something like 800k, as Davey Poo suggested, seems probable... and hell, it's not like that'd be a bad result. It'd be a fantastic showing for the game.

Well, 800K for Zelda:pH, on a platform that are closing on 20 Million unit sold, are not bad. But I will not categorized it as "fantastic showing" either. I have underestimated NSMB before (thought it will never reach 5 Million, only 4 Million+), and Animal Crossing DS (thought it will never reach 4 Million, only 3 Million+), so I hope that Zelda:pH can reach 1 Million.

Jonnyram

ethelred said:
I'm not sure. What turned things around for the Saturn?
OMG! FF:CC, MGS Twin Snakes, RE0-4, Baten Kaitos, ToS... The GC is set to explode! All the third parties are coming back to Nintendo :D

(I think Zelda:pH will pass a million before the end of 2007, btw)

Tideas

Banned
kassatsu said:
It was a weak troll, nice try jr.

No really, I wasn't trying to troll. Lol, I would be happy to see the pS3 succeed. I"m just perplex as to why it isn't doing that well in Japan.

I guess it's probably because the lack of games. But then, Folksoul and NGS dropped pretty fast...

I"m thinking, maybe HS will do it. Japanese man love their Asian girls, haha

Brak

davepoobond said:
i think zelda is poised to around 800k or so...i'd be surprised if it reached a million any time soon.
If this were any other system than the DS, I would be inclined to agree. As it is though, we've seen many titles crawl their way to a million and even with historically front-loaded series like Final Fantasy.

Also, that's only 8 days of sales, which you probably know but it bears repeating.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
OMG! FF:CC, MGS Twin Snakes, RE0-4, Baten Kaitos, ToS... The GC is set to explode! All the third parties are coming back to Nintendo :D

(I think Zelda:pH will pass a million before the end of 2007, btw)

You gotta admit... the PS3 all of the above except MGSTTS look good.

kassatsu said:
The site he got the MC info from had Legend of River King for DS instead of Wii. That is all I noticed that changed.

Maybe I need to start including a disclaimer stating that I make no claims as to the accuracy of the source's reporting.

Haunted

Does anyone know how much any one of the previous Hajime no Ippo games did? (Victorious Boxers, Victorious Road, and All-Stars, all on PS2)

nice SRW and Zelda numbers, btw. Top Ten is pretty balanced, but 11-30 show the dominance again.

cvxfreak

Cheesemeister said:
Maybe I need to start including a disclaimer stating that I make no claims as to the accuracy of the source's reporting.

In other words: the PS3 just might be winning.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Nice Zelda PH sales, It'll sell +800k for sure.
And Observation Training will be another million seller, it has excellent legs just like other training games. Actually it sold more this week than last week (44k ---> 49k.)

legend166 said:
Small week for Wii hardware, possibly? DQS comes out next week, correct? If so, they'd definately be holding some back for that.
According to Famitsu it sold 70k. MC numbers should be something between 65k - 75k, how it is small?

Tideas said:
No really, I wasn't trying to troll. Lol, I would be happy to see the pS3 succeed. I"m just perplex as to why it isn't doing that well in Japan.

O RLY?

Tideas said:
I guess it's probably because the lack of games. But then, Folksoul and NGS dropped pretty fast...

I"m thinking, maybe HS will do it. Japanese man love their Asian girls, haha

Wait... what? What does this have to do with anything?

kuYuri

Is it really surprising Phantom Hourglass will exceed Twilight Princess? There are tons more of the DS out there than Wii.

iammeiam

I continue to be impressed with Layton. That game came out of nowhere, and now just will not go away. And Ouendan 2's success would seem to be a good sign for a potential Ouendan 3, so I'm happy there. But, overall, not a terribly surprising week. My biggest interest for next week is to see how the witch-touching game does--are people actually in Japan buying it? Or is play-asia sold out because they're tapping into the global pedo market?

Tideas

Banned
vicious_killer_squirrel said:
O RLY?

Wait... what? What does this have to do with anything?

O YES RLY. And no, it doesn't have to do anything. I was speculating as to what game would give some life into the pS3 besides FF13. I thought Foulsoul would do it some justice for at least a couple of weeks, but seeing it dropped off so fast makes my heart sad.

Top Bottom