• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/30 - 8/5

Defuser

MP8 - wtfpicard. This trash is still topping over others?
MnG5 - Go go go!!!
IAWW - Nomura is officially supporting Sony :lol
Zelda - what can I say...it's zelda + ds = unstoppable combo.
Endless ocean - bomba bomba

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Defuser said:
MP8 - wtfpicard. This trash is still topping over others?
MnG5 - Go go go!!!
IAWW - Nomura is officially supporting Sony :lol
Zelda - what can I say...it's zelda + ds = unstoppable combo.
Endless ocean - bomba bomba

GRRRR

NOT

TRUE

Nice to see Dragon Quest Swords hanging in there. It should exceed 500k units easily at this rate, which would be pretty good actually.

moku said:
Yes sir! I really hope it ends up at well over a million.

I would kill for a console Zelda that was like a link to the past, or a new 2-d Mario game. I really like these old style games kicking ass all over the place, and I hope it inspires Nintendo to do console versions of them.

What if it takes something more drastic and exclamatory to convince Nintendo to make 2D console games.

When Twilight Princess bombed in sales and now PH selling well, and Super Mario Sunshine doing less than expected but NSMB breaking all kinds of records...

Do you think it would take Super Mario Galaxy BOMBING in Japan to convince Nintendo to make a 2D console game?

lupin23rd

Do we have any second week sales figures for any previous MinGol games?

I would be surprised if they didn't drop at least somewhat. Maybe we need to wait until the 3rd week to see the real legs. Tomorrow's hardware should be interesting. Will MC be higher than Famitsu here as well or not?

Side rant - why are we still arguing over Wonderful World? Who cares. Considering this is a MC thread, I'll probably be castrated for this but it looked about as un-interesting as Layton. Hopefully these sales make S-E realize the only game they need to bring to DS is a new Ogre Saga game. And then I will buy one.

Jonnyram

lupin23rd said:
Considering this is a MC thread, I'll probably be castrated for this but it looked about as un-interesting as Layton.
But Layton is easily one of the top 5 DS games out, so that's not a bad thing :p

LanceStern said:
But when it's 300k, it's ridiculous and too high yes?
I kind of feel bad for you even though you usually annoy the hell out of me. The only things we have to base a 'failure' call on are shipped vs sold (which isn't very good) and sinobi's reports of price slashing (which he seems to have pulled back somewhat on).

I personally don't think we have the information to deem this a failure or success. I don't think it's going extreme in either direction, though.

Anyway Lance, this is what happens. You talked enough crazy long enough that people will think whatever you say is crazy from here on out.

selig

Banned
Unexpected high sales for It´s a wonderful world. Thought it would do around 50k, being a brand new ip.
And weak MNG5 sales, will probably not pass 350k.

KINGMOKU

LanceStern said:
The idea of this game:
expressionsmall.jpg

Does it teach you that face as well? Does it teach them the look of shameful disgust?
I dont need the game. I have MC threads every week.

myownfacetrain.jpg

selig
Segata Sanshiro

Where were you two and Johnnyram when I was getting gang raped last MC thread? But when I think of it, it was a pretty civilized discussion we had last week, compared to some others....

I don't know if anyone notices, but Monster Hunter Portable the 22nd is back in the Top 30 as well.

Link316

Banned
LanceStern said:
But when it's 300k, it's ridiculous and too high yes?

you're gonna do this again this week? look, publishers have their own sales expectations, its really not up to us to decide what's a failure or a success

jimbo

Banned
Reneledarker said:
No oblivion in top 30, wonder if it will be in top 50.

Probably. It was at 25, with 10k on Famitsu Chart, but this means MC must have it much lower. It doubtfull MC's 30 game sold more than 10k.

C.T.

LanceStern said:
Where were you two and Johnnyram when I was getting gang raped last MC thread? But when I think of it, it was a pretty civilized discussion we had last week, compared to some others....

I don't know if anyone notices, but Monster Hunter Portable the 22nd is back in the Top 30 as well.

milking confirmed!

Budget release IMO.

laserbeam

Banned
Endless Ocean wasnt even top 50 last week was it? if not getting up 15 is clearly a very significant boost to the titles sales

lupin23rd

Jonnyram said:
But Layton is easily one of the top 5 DS games out, so that's not a bad thing :p

Was going to argue, but I found it hard to find 5 games that I actually wanted on it, so we'll call it a draw... for now. Glad I bought the GBA I guess :lol

Guess Nintendo is pissed at me, otherwise they'd announce Fire Emblem for it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Link316 said:
you're gonna do this again this week? look, publishers have their own sales expectations, its really not up to us to decide what's a failure or a success

Of course it is.

mutsu

I still don't quite understand how 110K in sales in its 2nd week can be considered a bomb. Fair enough their estimate is 200K but come on, this is a brand new franchise.

super funk said:
I dont think it was out last week.

He is right then in a sense. It really wasn't in the top 50.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
TheKingsCrown said:
I'm sorry, but New Super Mario Bros. is unbelievable.
I hope its a harbringer to how well Galaxy will sell.

LanceStern said:

Honestly, I sort of wanted to enjoy the drubbing you were getting. In typical Segata fashion though, I can only enjoy that for so long before I start feeling bad for the target.

laserbeam

Banned
super funk said:
I dont think it was out last week.

your correct. august 2nd release. so in 3 days it managed to hit top 15. not bad for an ocean simulator lol. It will certainly do far superior to its predecessors at this rate. so wont be a bomb at all

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Why is NSMB still in the top 10 :lol

What a behemoth, and it hasn't even been bundled with a DS officially yet.

Also looks like Wii Sports will pass 2 million soon.

ivysaur12

Banned
AceBandage said:
12. [WII] Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Square-Enix)

Yeah, I saw that. Hence why I'm sad that it's doing poorly for a DQ game.

Oh, and what's with all of this about Nomura supporting Sony? Was there some quote I missed about IAWW's sales?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
LanceStern said:
When Twilight Princess bombed in sales and now PH selling well, and Super Mario Sunshine doing less than expected but NSMB breaking all kinds of records...
?

How can you see ZTP is a bomb, when it's already outsold Wind Waker at full retail price, and its only been on the market like 9 months?

ivysaur12

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
I think after three weeks of this, it's just trailed off. Oh well -- it's not like they spent any money making it.

Eh, it's still a DQ game. It still should be in the top 10.

EDIT: If it breaks 500k (which is probably won't), I'll be content.

John Harker said:
How can you see ZTP is a bomb, when it's already outsold Wind Waker at full retail price, and its only been on the market like 9 months?
Japan. Not that it bombed there, but I have strong doubts it's ever going to pass WW there.

ivysaur12 said:
Eh, it's still a DQ game. It still should be in the top 10.

EDIT: If it breaks 500k (which is probably won't), I'll be content.
It'll break 500K domestically for sure, but we just won't see it on the charts. It'll be a slow burn. The fact that it's hovered in the same slot for the last few weeks means it has legs.

Top Bottom