• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Jan. 11 - 17, 2010

go go mario! :D

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/31782/

Media Create software sales (1/18 – 1/24)
January 27th, 2010 Posted in DS, News, Wii, Written by Valay

01. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 111,000 / 3,117,000
02. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2 – 94,000 / NEW
03. [PSP] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A’s Portable: The Battle of Aces – 76,000 / NEW
04. [PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – 59,000 / 683,000
05. [DS] Tomodachi Collection – 45,000 / 2,696,000
06. [WII] Wii Fit Plus – 34,000 / 1,555,000
07. [WII] Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles – 23,000 / 96,000
08. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP the Best) – 16,000 / 102,000
09. [WII] Wii Sports Resort – 16,000 / 1,707,000
10. [DS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders – Fire / Blizzard – 14,000 / 1,047,000
11. [DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
12. [DS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
13. [PSP] Tekken 6
14. [PSP] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires
15. [DS] New Super Mario Bros.
16. [DS] Last Window
17. [WII] Mario Kart Wii
18. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2
19. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
20. [WII] PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure
21. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
22. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2
23. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki
24. [DS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny
25. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
26. [WII] Wii Sports
27. [PSP] Kentoushi: Gladiator Begins
28. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
29. [PS3] Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
30. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3

dolemite

future_pinoy said:
go go mario! :D

marioprincessspankao8.gif

Agnates

Banned
Yay, Valkyria Chronicles 2!

Also, Japan seems to like Darkside Chronicles more than other regions. Not much, but at least it may not end up a loss for CAPCOM, and it won't be a huge bomb?

Shame Monster Hunter Tri has completely disappeared from charts while Freedom Unite keeps going (even at budget price). Don't they at least have a limited DLC structure like Freedom Unite does, to pump out a couple of sweet missions that magazines post videos/stuff about and get a few more people to buy it? Have they said anything about a G version? I guess, eventually, it will appear in that new Nintendo player's choice budget range also as I imagine users have rated it highly. Hmm.

Edit: When did Samurai Warriors 3 release? Did it sell anything meaningful? Has J-GAF played it?

Forbiden

kpop100 said:
I called it already, that MW2 would outlast FFXIII on the charts.

It more than likely will, given how huge of a dip it took between last week and this week. FFXIII fell 13 places while MW2 fell only 2.

markatisu

Agnates said:
Yay, Valkyria Chronicles 2!

Also, Japan seems to like Darkside Chronicles more than other regions. Not much, but at least it may not end up a loss for CAPCOM, and it won't be a huge bomb?

Shame Monster Hunter Tri has completely disappeared from charts while Freedom Unite keeps going (even at budget price). Don't they at least have a limited DLC structure like Freedom Unite does, to pump out a couple of sweet missions that magazines post videos/stuff about and get a few more people to buy it? Have they said anything about a G version? I guess, eventually, it will appear in that new Nintendo player's choice budget range also as I imagine users have rated it highly. Hmm.

I think its still around, just not in the Top 30. Earlier didn't we see it is ~5k from 1m?

Edit: When did Samurai Warriors 3 release? Did it sell anything meaningful? Has J-GAF played it?

It came out in December and sold better than most thought it would, not anywhere near the heights of the past editions but it got more than 1 shipment which is never a bad thing. I think last time we saw numbers it was ~230k+ (or more)

ZoddGutts

Shadow780 said:
It that a good number for VC2?

How many units did VC sold in debut week?

Famitsu
[PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (Sega) - 77.694 / 141.589
[PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (Playstation 3 the Best) (Sega) - 4.700 / 82.744

Media Create
[PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (Sega) - 77.267 / 153.002

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19496544&postcount=629

77k first week. So VC2 did 17k better, question is will it be enough to offset the no/dead software sales of the PSP in the west? I doubt VC2 in the west is gonna do as good as the PS3 did in the long run which is close to 150k ltd in the U.S.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19500021&postcount=2356

test_account

XP-39C²
Jonnyram said:
It would be a big problem for MS on a worldwide scale if Japanese devs stopped supporting it. Look how hard they worked to get FF13 on 360, even if it's only for the Western audience. That should tell you how badly they need the support.
Ye, that is true, if japanese game developers would stop to support the Xbox 360 worldwide and not just in Japan, then it would most likely affect Microsoft indeed. But would japanese game developers stop to support the Xbox 360 worldwide even if MS pretty much stopped to support the Xbox 360 in Japan, or would japanese game developers still make games for the Xbox 360 and release them in Europe and/or USA? If that is how you ment?

About FF13, i was under the impression that Square Enix wanted to release FF13 on the Xbox 360 in Europe and in USA because of the relatively slow PS3 sales worldwide, that Square Enix did this mostly decided to release FF13 on the Xbox 360 themself to maximize the FF13 sales. Or did Microsoft do much to convince Square Enix to release FF13 on the Xbox 360 as well? I didnt really followed the process with FF13 being released on the Xbox 360 as well, so i am just curious about it :)

Agnates

Banned
ZoddGutts said:
77k first week. So VC2 did 17k better, question is will it be enough to offset the no/dead software sales of the PSP in the west? I doubt VC2 in the west is gonna do as good as the PS3 did in the long run which is close to 150k ltd in the U.S.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19500021&postcount=2356
But the first only did good in the West after the budget price cut, so half those sales for a closer approximation... That sounds possible for this one.

Top Bottom