• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Oct 26-Nov 1, 2009

Brofist

Khrno said:
I guess I skimmed the list and thought they were mostly Feb releases. Been too busy to frequent the games shops these days as well, so haven't been paying attention to release dates. Except for FFXIII which has such in your face advertising even people with no interest probably know the release date.

test_account

XP-39C²
Road said:
[PS3] Ratchet and Clanket: Future 2 9/9/9/9
[WII] Calling: Kuroki Chakushin 8/7/7/6
[WII] Family Chalenge Wii 8/7/6/5
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 9/8/7/8
[PSP] Jack and Dexter: Elf to Itachi no Daibouken 8/7/7/9
[NDS] Monster Finder 7/6/6/6
[NDS] Lovely: Youchien Nikki 6/6/5/7
[NDS] Wizardry: Seimei no Kusabi 7/8/8/8
[NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics 8/8/9/8
[NDS] Dorabase 2: Nettou Ultra Stadium 7/6/6/6
Great, thanks! :)

cvxfreak said:
I don't know why it was widely accepted myself.

Because the software situation wasn't particularly incredible and because no console has ever been held back so directly just by its pricing before. It's really not hard to understand.

onipex said:
Yup, people forgot the slim model affect. Current owners upgrading plus new owners leads to good sales.

I agree fully that this success is due to strong strategic moves by Sony, but I honestly doubt that repurchase is a huge factor in this surge. I think it's more likely to be pent-up demand still playing out now that the PS3 is priced like a real console, mostly to new owners.

cvxfreak said:
You can argue the value proposition by not including Wii Sports in the package, but that didn't stop Wii sales three years ago, so I don't know why it would now.

Because the Wii was essentially underpriced for what it offered (a near-launch console with one killer app and a great deal of potential) in 2006 and is overpriced for what it offers (a console with no chance of serious third-party support ever and the seeming promise of bizarrely anemic first-party support for the rest of its life) now in 2009.

Bebpo said:
Man, that is a pretty sad list of games from JP devs in 2010.

Yeah, it really is.

Top Bottom