• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2011 (Mar 7 - Mar 13)

Bizzyb said:
Do you really think they want another "Cube" situation on their hand?? They don't want to go out with a whimper. They need to keep some kind of momentum or they may lose everything they worked so hard to accomplish this generation.

Why do you think they haven't announced anything for this year other than Zelda? You think it's because they are wanting to surprise us and blow us away with all the insanely awesome Wii games that will pump new life and interest into it, right?

I'm sure software is coming, in fact they already said they will bring over some recently Japan exclusive titles, but do you really think that will do anything for stagnant sales in the US? and what about in Japan where those games have already been released? It's not like Nintendo to have nothing new announced for the year with almost 3 full months into it. Other than a game that was announced almost a year and a half ago.
The cube situation is different because the cube ended as the worst selling console WW while with the Wii it will end with it being the best selling console WW.

They've anounce Kirby, Pandora's Tower, Pikmin, Vitality Sensor, Zelda and DQ for the Wii. I think a few of those titles could pump a little more life into the Wii if done correctly.

Stagnant sales in the US? They are up YoY this month in America and is selling on par with the other consoles. Nintendo has anounced new games such as Kirby and Pandora's Tower this year and I expect a few more to come at E3. I think a Wii 2 should come out sooner rather than later but I don't see them feasibly doing that until later and more development studios are available once they're done with 3DS.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Lord_Byron28 said:
The cube situation is different because the cube ended as the worst selling console WW while with the Wii it will end with it being the best selling console WW.

They've anounce Kirby, Pandora's Tower, Pikmin, Vitality Sensor, Zelda and DQ for the Wii. I think a few of those titles could pump a little more life into the Wii if done correctly.
Vitality sensor must be considered dead now.

Elios83

Bad week for Nintendo hardware, 3DS number spells bye bye to the internal sales target for the fiscal year in Japan also considering that the next few weeks are gonna be tough for Japan and sales are going down.
Wii needs a big price cut although without software and a killer application for the casual market it won't have a huge effect.

Vinci

Danish
Bel Marduk said:
Nintendo already announced Pokemon/Kirby/Pandora's Tower besides Zelda...and obviously more will come. The same as what happened last year at E3. Are you choosing to be ignorant or what?

Don't fret over Bizzy. He's just... had a tough generation.

One interesting thing to note - purely in an abstract way, separate from the realities of day-to-day life in Japan right now - is that it seemed as though Nintendo were launching the 3DS "soft", and planning to bring their big titles later in the year rather than hitting with a bang. While it won't have been something they planned for, and while there are bigger concerns right now, it may be the case that they are - by luck - placed to try and recover the situation with the 3DS later in the year, whereas they might not have been if they'd launched with, say, OoT3D, or Mario Kart etc.

Bizzyb

Banned
Alextended said:
How would it be a cube situation with this difference in install base and software sales?

sales, support, and interest all in steady decline leaving the next machine in doubt and un-backed.

Alextended said:
They have annouced more titles (Pandora's Tower is also set for this year, maybe Kirby also), and have explicitely stated more unannounced titles are coming. I'm not making it up. Again, if you believe it to be a blatant lie is a different matter.

Those titles are if anything, merely filler and stop gaps until Zelda. We all know how well those kind of titles perform. It's not going to drive sales or interest.

Alextended said:
As for why they haven't announced even more, it's because that's how they do shit. How long was DKCR announced be4 release? Excitebots? Punch-Out!!? Hello?

Those "stagnant sales" in the US are on par with the other platforms.

I think I'm done here, I don't wanna get frustrated and end up banned. Off to happy threads...

Hmm lets see, you you're telling me they are going to announce and release something between now and E3? Or do you think they are going to announce something at E3 and it's going to release a month later? I really have to question that kind of tactic, releasing games with zero hype or Fanfare...yeah we saw how well that worked for Excitebots and Punchout.

Those US sales will eventually see declines with no compelling software, esp when 3DS arrives. People only have but so much money and time to spend. Wii is the one who is going to get pinched out.

Cerebral Assassin said:
Completely? Or just on the Wii( would be interesting if the next consoles controller has it built in)?

I would think it's dead on the Wii. It should be entirely possible to build it in to the grip of their next-gen system where it would provide an out-of-the-box biofeedback input for gameplay. Imagine a metal plate on the reverse of the current Wiimote where your palm would be in contact constantly, or perhaps a curved slot at the front of the Nunchuk for a finger to rest against a sensor - that should give you an idea of how it could be integrated into a controller fairly seamlessly.

Bizzyb said:
I really have to question that kind of tactic, releasing games with zero hype or Fanfare...yeah we saw how well that worked for Excitebots and Punchout.

Badly for Excitebots, pretty damn well for Punch-Out!!?

duckroll

PSP2i's legs are looking kinda bad. At this rate it might not be able to sell 400k. Dissidia012 should be able to clear 500k though.

Bizzyb

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
One interesting thing to note - purely in an abstract way, separate from the realities of day-to-day life in Japan right now - is that it seemed as though Nintendo were launching the 3DS "soft", and planning to bring their big titles later in the year rather than hitting with a bang. While it won't have been something they planned for, and while there are bigger concerns right now, it may be the case that they are - by luck - placed to try and recover the situation with the 3DS later in the year, whereas they might not have been if they'd launched with, say, OoT3D, or Mario Kart etc.

Bad strategy if true. You want to hit the ground running, hard. You don't ever want to lose momentum. This is why PSP2 will benefit with a better launch. What makes it worse is that 3DS doesn't even launch with all of it's features, i.e. web browser, eshop, etc. I'm sure Nintendo thinks this is a benefit to keep people interested but I don't see it that way.

Bizzyb said:
sales, support, and interest all in steady decline leaving the next machine in doubt and un-backed.

Multiple devs have been talking about a Wii 2 and if they really felt that way I don't see why they'd mention it...doesn't seem that clear cut to me.

Bizzyb said:
Those titles are if anything, merely filler and stop gaps until Zelda. We all know how well those kind of titles perform. It's not going to drive sales or interest.

Maybe, but having nothing at all is much worse.

Bizzyb said:
Hmm lets see, you you're telling me they are going to announce and release something between now and E3? Or do you think they are going to announce something at E3 and it's going to release a month later? I really have to question that kind of tactic, releasing games with zero hype or Fanfare...yeah we saw how well that worked for Excitebots and Punchout.

Those US sales will eventually see declines with no compelling software, esp when 3DS arrives. People only have but so much money and time to spend. Wii is the one who is going to get pinched out.

Why do they have to release things 1 month after E3? E3 outlines their plans for the next 6 months+. Also your last two sentences seem like wishful thinking to me. Wii got nothing significant in the US in Feb yet it was still up YoY.

I don't think we are going to see a price cut on the wii.
The yen is still strong Nintendo might just try and ride it out if anything .
If they do a price cut of 5000 or 10 000 yen the extra sales might not be worth it .

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Bizzyb said:
sales, support, interest
Both of which are nothing like the GameCube, a system that was also profitable for Nintendo mind you.

Bizzyb said:
Those titles are if anything, merely filler and stop gaps until Zelda.
Uh, okay? I guess the 3DS has nothing but fillers until a new Zelda sequel is announced for it too then, 4DS coming next year folks. We don't know what more than half of those titles are at all, how can you proclaim what they are or aren't? You'd probably claim DKCR is filler if it wasn't already released and sold millions (ww) and was instead among these titles like Kirby. Zelda isn't some billion selling franchise either you know, so I guess everything is filler until Dragon Quest X, yay!

Bizzyb said:
Hmm lets see, you you're telling me they are going to announce and release something between now and E3?
I am? The frak? You were pretending they've got nothing until pretty much 2013, now that people have mentioned several announced titles for this year already and the promise of even more you're moving the goalposts all over the place. I never implied they'll release something before E3 and that much was obvious since at the time I was merely telling you not to be so ridiculously hasty in judging all of 2011 and 2012 and at least wait until after their E3 announcements, which also aren't all the announcements they may make for each year respectively as they've announced games whenever they felt like it, mere months before release.

Bizzyb said:
Those US sales will eventually see declines
Just like every system ever? Not much of a prophecy. Again from claiming something about the current situation and being told you're wrong by other posters you move the goalposts to wherever you feel like. You're just doing wishful thinking here and I can't really argue and tell you what you should want instead, that's up to you.

Road

M_Night said:
How does DW7 sales compare to 5 and 6?
Chris already did the comparison with the PS3 version of 6 a few posts above, but I'll expand it, since there's no 360 version this time.

[PS2] Dynasty Warriors 5 (Koei) {2005.02.24} - 560,733

[PS3][360] Dynasty Warriors 6 (Koei) {2007.11.11} - 202,885

[PS3] Dynasty Warriors 7 (Koei Tecmo) {2011.03.10} - 253,090

Between this and Samurai Warriors, it doesn't seem those games are dying as fast we we were thinking 2/3 years ago. Let's see if it has the same legs as before.

Cosmonaut X said:
I'm not sure if that was intentional so much as due to development time and giving 3rd parties a chance to gain some steam which seems to be working out okay for right now. I think the system would still have been selling really well regardless. I do understand what you mean by lost steam but I think they can quickly pick it back up rather quickly with OoT 3D and Mercenaries launching sometime in the next few months. I'd also hardly say that launching with Nintendogs is a bad launch considering how much the first one sold. I do wonder if they'll reconsider the strategy though for their next system launch. It seems to me that it would've been better had they released more core oriented software first and then later had released the casual software like Nintendogs.

I would think it's dead on the Wii. It should be entirely possible to build it in to the grip of their next-gen system where it would provide an out-of-the-box biofeedback input for gameplay. Imagine a metal plate on the reverse of the current Wiimote where your palm would be in contact constantly, or perhaps a curved slot at the front of the Nunchuk for a finger to rest against a sensor - that should give you an idea of how it could be integrated into a controller fairly seamlessly.
I'm not sure if it's dead on Wii but I do agree that it has a lot more potential as something for their nextgen system and I agree I always thought that putting the biofeedback sensor on the nunchuk or somewhere would've been better and could apply to a number of games(Wii relax, Eternal Darkness, RE, Wii Fit sequel, etc.).

BizzyB said:
I really have to question that kind of tactic, releasing games with zero hype or Fanfare...yeah we saw how well that worked for Excitebots and Punchout.
Punchout sold incredibly well. Excitebots not so much.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bizzyb said:
Bad strategy if true. You want to hit the ground running, hard. You don't ever want to lose momentum. This is why PSP2 will benefit with a better launch. What makes it worse is that 3DS doesn't even launch with all of it's features, i.e. web browser, eshop, etc. I'm sure Nintendo thinks this is a benefit to keep people interested but I don't see it that way.
True, they should overestimate their influence in the market - yes, 3ds will probably dominate and lead the way for the next years, but at that price i would have expected them so make it more clear why people should spend that much money on a new handheld...

buyin a high priced device and havin to wait months for must haves, didnt work well for the ps3....

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't see the sense in releasing a killer app for a new system that will be (close to) selling out regardless. What good would a multimillion selling game do right now when they can only provide a few hundred thousand units of the system itself? Although I do agree they should release more good stuff before/as soon as the NGP hits, I think they will. How do we know the NGP launch lineup is going to be so much hotter again? Were titles announced?

With the Wii they also made the mistake of having multiple heavy hitters close to each other before, leading to dry periods that would have been hidden if they had instead spread releases out more. At least they're avoiding that with the 3DS by holding titles back and also have the guise of leaving room for third parties to develop their audiences (although it doesn't seem they take very good advantage of it so far).

Huff

Banned
Alextended said:
I don't see the sense in releasing a killer app for a new system that will be (close to) selling out regardless. What good would a multimillion selling game do right now when they can only provide a few hundred thousand units of the system itself? Although I do agree they should release more good stuff before/as soon as the NGP hits, I think they will. How do we know the NGP launch lineup is going to be so much hotter again? Were titles announced?

Nothing has been announced for it. So there is little more than speculation going on with NGP discussions.

Bebpo

Banned
Road said:
Chris already did the comparison with the PS3 version of 6 a few posts above, but I'll expand it, since there's no 360 version this time.

[PS2] Dynasty Warriors 5 (Koei) {2005.02.24} - 560,733

[PS3][360] Dynasty Warriors 6 (Koei) {2007.11.11} - 202,885

[PS3] Dynasty Warriors 7 (Koei Tecmo) {2011.03.10} - 253,090

Between this and Samurai Warriors, it doesn't seem those games are dying as fast we we were thinking 2/3 years ago. Let's see if it has the same legs as before.

Don't forget Gundam Musou!

Recently there's been

Gundam Musou 3
Samurai Warriors Z
Musou 3DS
Dynasty Warriors 7

And all of them have done quite well. Koei is rolling in the money right now and Japan is not sick at all of Musou apparently.

I actually attribute this to the increased product quality of the games. The latest musou games are substantially better playing and looking than previous entries. Guess having Basara as competition made them step their game up.

duckroll

Last year Hokuto Musou also did really well, and even SM3 did well on the Wii considering how it beat all the other Wii core games released.

kswiston

I think it is pretty clear that the Wii could have done better in Japan. At this point it is almost certain to be the worst selling lead console in 25 years. I think part of the reason for this has to do with the shift to handhelds in Japan, but the third party situation doesn't help either. How many of the top 10 best selling third party (home console) games are on Wii so far this generation? 3-4? How many did the PS2 have of the top 10 last generation? 9-10? You can argue that Developers are not making high profile Wii games, but when a multiplatform game is released simultaneously on the Wii and PSP or PS3, how often is the Wii version the sales leader? The Wii has awesome first party sales, but other than that, it is not behaving like a lead console.

Madao

the biggest problem with the Wii is how badly prepared it was for a long cycle. most of the design decisions pointed towards a product that would be easy to dismiss if it failed instead of a long-term sustainable system. the fact 3DS can have games that look as good is going to detract even more from wii since the usual graphical advantage of console vs portable would be gone.

nintendo should have planned like when they released GBA and GC on the same year and have the Wii2 ready for this year. it is too late for that now so i hope they have a damn good plan for next gen. the most they can do on wii is a price drop to squeeze extra sales and keep it relevant until Zelda and DQ come out (that is, if DQ doesn't jump ship)

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really don't get how Nintendo could mismanage the whole Wii-thing. It must be the weakest supported lead console ever. How can a console that is nearing 100 million ww have a game drought of 6 months (or even longer). They are litterly swimming in money, couldn't they like finance like 12 games a year so that Wii-owners have atleast 1 worthwhile game to play every month. Baffling stuff.

rpmurphy

uchihasasuke said:
the biggest problem with the Wii is how badly prepared it was for a long cycle. most of the design decisions pointed towards a product that would be easy to dismiss if it failed instead of a long-term sustainable system. the fact 3DS can have games that look as good is going to detract even more from wii since the usual graphical advantage of console vs portable would be gone.

nintendo should have planned like when they released GBA and GC on the same year and have the Wii2 ready for this year. it is too late for that now so i hope they have a damn good plan for next gen. the most they can do on wii is a price drop to squeeze extra sales and keep it relevant until Zelda and DQ come out (that is, if DQ doesn't jump ship)
Maybe Nintendo should probably not have tried to keep up appearances with the PS2 life cycle, when clearly when they made the decisions to design the hardware, it could not possibly sustain 3rd party developer needs for that long. It's not like the 3rd party developers that never got on the Wii boat would have gotten on in the end without the direct support and moneyhatting from Nintendo anyway, so maybe there wouldn't have been much lost from shortening the lifespan of the console.

RamzaIsCool said:
I really don't get how Nintendo could mismanage the whole Wii-thing. It must be the weakest supported lead console ever. How can a console that is nearing 100 million ww have a game drought of 6 months (or even longer). They are litterly swimming in money, couldn't they like finance like 12 games a year so that Wii-owners have atleast 1 worthwhile game to play every month. Baffling stuff.
Nintendo is an incredibly conservative company. The reason they've been able to survive as long as they did is because of this strategy. It's frustrating to see them be able to dominate so easily but they've funded, marketed and expanded their teams a lot more than past generations and secured/helped secure a lot of 3rd party games compared to previous generations. I also think it was because Nintendo from 2006-2008 assumed that they automatically would get most of the support from 3rd party developers since they were the market leader like how the DS and PS2 did before.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
DQIX became the best shipped DQ

Dragon Quest IX Tops 5.3 Million Worldwide

This is a bit of a random number to be announcing, but Square Enix said today that Dragon Quest IX has topped shipments of 5.3 million units worldwide. The figure was reached at the end of December.

DQIX is the first DQ game to top the 5 million mark and the best selling DQ game ever. The series as a whole has topped shipments of 57 million units.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/

kswiston said:
I think it is pretty clear that the Wii could have done better in Japan. At this point it is almost certain to be the worst selling lead console in 25 years. I think part of the reason for this has to do with the shift to handhelds in Japan, but the third party situation doesn't help either. How many of the top 10 best selling third party (home console) games are on Wii so far this generation? 3-4?
Pretty much. Monster Hunter 3, Taiko Wii, DQ Swords. Then Taiko 2 is sitting just over 400K with a few PS3 games.

How many did the PS2 have of the top 10 last generation? 9-10?
9? Ahahaha. Best GCN third party game was about 400K. That would put it around #90 for PS2 third party games.
RamzaIsCool said:
You could argue they should spread them better, but we're in Wii month 52 and they've released 57 games in Japan. They've never gone 6 months without a game, though sometimes they've released only one million-seller in a 6-month period.

donny2112

Chris1964 said:
HARDWARE
Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------            
|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year |        YTD |   Last YTD |         LTD |            
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------            
|  WII  |     9.519 |    11.654 |    31.460 |    187.386 |    428.480 |  11.467.021 |      

*fistpump*

Glad it finally got there. Wait. The earthquake hit on the 11th. Maybe it dropped due to that. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't chalk it up to the earthquake. :/

RurouniZel said:
Iwata.

Price drop.

Wii needs one.

10,000円 might have an effect.

Stress the "might," but it's a good starting point.

Chris1964 said:
Vitality sensor must be considered dead now.

If it gives them an excuse to use it in a launch of a new system, I hope it's very much alive. :lol

Cygnus X-1

Considering what happened in Japan since last friday, I doubt we can take these numbers as without external factors. And next week will be much, much worse.

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day. Wii is in some serious trouble this year in Japan. I have a strong feeling that as sales have been declining for the console we may see Nintendo bump up the announcement of their next system. Maybe as early as E3 or TGS this year.

Crazy good PS3 numbers. Thanks to Silver and new DW launch.

3DS is continuing to sell very nicely. I doubt it will be the juggonaut the NDS was, but I'm sure it will continue to do very well for itself.

Wow at console hardware. Sony has no competition anymore. And it doesn't appear that DW7 has been affected that much by what's going on in Japan.

PS3 could make a significant comeback in Japan depending on how long this generation lasts and if Sony drops the price soon enough. Wouldn't it be crazy if by this summer it starts selling at 60k-80k a week regularly?

Bizzyb

Banned
Alextended said:
Both of which are nothing like the GameCube, a system that was also profitable for Nintendo mind you.

Fact remains that Interest and sales for wii are going down (like GC) as the opposite is happening for 360 in the US and PS3 in Japan.

Alextended said:
Uh, okay? I guess the 3DS has nothing but fillers until a new Zelda sequel is announced for it too then, 4DS coming next year folks. We don't know what more than half of those titles are at all, how can you proclaim what they are or aren't? You'd probably claim DKCR is filler if it wasn't already released and sold millions (ww) and was instead among these titles like Kirby. Zelda isn't some billion selling franchise either you know, so I guess everything is filler until Dragon Quest X, yay!

3DS has actual games that people are interested in coming out, before Zelda, like Dead or Alive and Professor Layton. Wii has nothing people are actually interested in coming ut until Zelda. Nothing. Well, maybe Conduit 2 but other than that...nope. DKCr sold on the fact its a quality game (made by a quality developer) and it's a well known franchise with a long awaited return. Why would they put Dragon Quest X on a system that has lost almost all it's steam and interest in 3rd party software? It would have been sent to die. Which is why I really hope Nintendo pulls a TP with Skyward Sword.

Alextended said:
I am? The frak? You were pretending they've got nothing until pretty much 2013, now that people have mentioned several announced titles for this year already and the promise of even more you're moving the goalposts all over the place. I never implied they'll release something before E3 and that much was obvious since at the time I was merely telling you not to be so ridiculously hasty in judging all of 2011 and 2012 and at least wait until after their E3 announcements, which also aren't all the announcements they may make for each year respectively as they've announced games whenever they felt like it, mere months before release.

Yeah because Kirby and Pandora's Tower (whatever the hell that is) and some random Pokemon game I've never heard jack about is going to keep Wii afloat for two years...If they don't release something before E3 that will have been 6 months without a decent release....6 months. If they don't release within a month after E3 that would have been 7 months. That's more than HALF A YEAR with nothing released. C'mon dude, do the damn math. That shit ain't right. You say the games are coming, right? When? Before E3, within the next 3 months? You ever known Nintendo to announce a game and release it within 3 months and not expect it to bomb?

Alextended said:
Just like every system ever? Not much of a prophecy. Again from claiming something about the current situation and being told you're wrong by other posters you move the goalposts to wherever you feel like. You're just doing wishful thinking here and I can't really argue and tell you what you should want instead, that's up to you.

Well I guess 360 and PS3 didn't get the memo because their sales, game releases and interests are all INCREASING. Whereas Wii's..are not.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Next (?) week's releases {2011.03.24}

[3DS] Gundam: The 3D Battle (Bandai Namco)
[3DS] Rabbids: Travel in Time (Ubisoft)

[NDS] Nanami no Oshiete English DS: Mezase TOEIC Master (Media5)

[PSP] Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (Square Enix)
[PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami)
[PSP] Classic Dungeon X2 (Nippon Ichi Software)
[PSP] Gakuen Hetalia Portable (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Ys [Super Price Set] (Nihon Falcom)
[PSP] Ikki Tousen: Xross Impact [Best Collection] (Marvelous Entertainment)

[WII] Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transer (Konami)
[WII] Night of the Sacrifice (Marvelous Entertainment)
[WII] Tales of Graces [Everyone's Recommendation Selection] (Bandai Namco)
[WII] Rune Factory: Frontier [Everyone's Recommendation Selection] (Marvelous Entertainment)

[PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami)
[PS3] Playstation Move Heroes (SCE)

[360] Otomedius X (Konami)
[360] Arcania: Gothic 4 (CyberFront)
[360] Eschatos (Qute)
[360] Fighters Uncaged (Ubisoft)

m.i.s.

Banned
Watchtower said:
Wow at console hardware. Sony has no competition anymore. And it doesn't appear that DW7 has been affected that much by what's going on in Japan.

PS3 could make a significant comeback in Japan depending on how long this generation lasts and if Sony drops the price soon enough. Wouldn't it be crazy if by this summer it starts selling at 60k-80k a week regularly?

Now, now, let's not start counting our chickens before they've even hatched! Making predictions based on one weeks sale? :eek:)

And that little matter of DQX might put a dampener on said crazy talk. :eek:)

M.I.S. said:
Now, now, let's not start counting our chickens before they've even hatched! Making predictions based on one weeks sale? :eek:)

And that little matter of DQX might put a dampener on said crazy talk. :eek:)

It isn't one week, the PS3 has been pretty steady in the 25k range for some time now. And isn't DQX coming out in 2012?

Just saying, if Sony drops the price, that could happen.

antonz

Watchtower said:
It isn't one week, the PS3 has been pretty steady in the 25k range for some time now. And isn't DQX coming out in 2012?

We dont know when DQX is coming. It could hit this fall for all we know as it was in development for sometime along side 9.

As for sales numbers. PS3 sales dont speak to anything other than the fact it gets consistent support. If the Wii had the level of support market leader generally had it would be stomping mudholes in everyones asses still

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Watchtower said:

Maybe it would happen if PS3 was the only gaming system at market.

Chris1964 said:
[WII] Tales of Graces [Everyone's Recommendation Selection][WII] Rune Factory: Frontier [Everyone's Recommendation Selection]

Ah, so these are still running? Shame they never made it to the West, but good to see Nintendo are continuing with them in Japan.

antonz said:
We dont know when DQX is coming. It could hit this fall for all we know as it was in development for sometime along side 9.

As for sales numbers. PS3 sales dont speak to anything other than the fact it gets consistent support. If the Wii had the level of support market leader generally had it would be stomping mudholes in everyones asses still

Yes but what does that have to do with reality? PS3 looks healthy, and the only console that's basically not just alive, but healthy. It's been the only console putting up respectable numbers consistently.

It's not crazy to think this same trend will continue, and post-price drop, its sales might actually increase. That's actually realistic. What you are saying is all hypothetical.

[Nintex]

Wii seems stuck at about 1/3 of DS sales. Looks like Nintendo was too late to introduce a new model and they totally blew the MotionPlus/Wii Remote+ relaunch by not having enough games to support the damn thing.

allan-bh

Watchtower said:

Very crazy

Top Bottom