Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2011 (May 23 - May 29)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Next week's releases {2011.06.09}

[3DS] Real 3D Bass Fishing Fish On (ASCII Media Works)

[PSP] Gekiatsu!! Pachi Game Tamashi Vol. 2: CR Evangelion - Shinjitsu no Tsubasa (Fields)
[PSP] Nicoli no Sudoku +3 Dai-Ni-Shuu: Sudoku Number Link - Shikaku ni Kire - Hashi o Kakero (Hamster)

[PS3] Yakuza: Of the End (Sega)
[PS3] Red Faction: Armageddon (Spike)
[PS3] Gekiatsu!! Pachi Game Tamashi Vol. 2: CR Evangelion - Shinjitsu no Tsubasa (Fields)

[360] Red Faction: Armageddon (Spike)
[360] Gears of War (Twin Pack) [Platinum Collection] (Microsoft Game Studios)
[360] Crackdown 2 [Platinum Collection] (Microsoft Game Studios)
[360] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction [Platinum Collection] (Ubisoft)
 

vicissitudes

Banned
Jul 10, 2008
7,547
0
0
Chris1964 said:
Next week's releases {2011.06.09}

[3DS] Real 3D Bass Fishing Fish On (ASCII Media Works)

[PSP] Gekiatsu!! Pachi Game Tamashi Vol. 2: CR Evangelion - Shinjitsu no Tsubasa (Fields)
[PSP] Nicoli no Sudoku +3 Dai-Ni-Shuu: Sudoku Number Link - Shikaku ni Kire - Hashi o Kakero (Hamster)

[PS3] Yakuza: Of the End (Sega)
[PS3] Red Faction: Armageddon (Spike)
[PS3] Gekiatsu!! Pachi Game Tamashi Vol. 2: CR Evangelion - Shinjitsu no Tsubasa (Fields)

[360] Red Faction: Armageddon (Spike)
[360] Gears of War (Twin Pack) [Platinum Collection] (Microsoft Game Studios)
[360] Crackdown 2 [Platinum Collection] (Microsoft Game Studios)
[360] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction [Platinum Collection] (Ubisoft)

About time. PS3 releases have been drier than dust.
 

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Mar 2, 2006
19,534
0
0
Top 10 Nintendo 3DS Software Sales in Japan (Lifetime)

1.) Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level-5) - 287,271
2.) nintendogs + cats (Nintendo) - 224,988
3.) Samurai Warrior: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) - 114,916
4.) Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom) - 99,334
5.) Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco) - 80,945
6.) Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (Konami) - 79,456
7.) Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo) - 57,739
8.) Gundam: The 3D Battle (Bandai Namco) - 39,008
9.) Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Koei Tecmo) - 30,597
10.) Famitsa Baseball 2011 (Bandai Namco) - 26,270​

http://www.cubed3.com/news/15629
 

Cygnus X-1

Member
Mar 7, 2007
4,612
5
895
Vic said:
Well, seems that there's still some hope for the 3DS.
3DS needs just games. Lot of them, regularly scheduled.

_dementia said:
At lease Pandora's Tower charted I suppose :/
Yeah...better than nothing I suppose... Maybe we'll see the game in EU

/dreaming mode

Anyway, the entire industry in Japan is seriously crumbling.
 

jesusraz

Member
Apr 27, 2006
2,402
0
0
37
Manchester, England
www.cubed3.com
Vic said:
Top 10 Nintendo 3DS Software Sales in Japan (Lifetime)

1.) Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level-5) - 287,271
2.) nintendogs + cats (Nintendo) - 224,988
3.) Samurai Warrior: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) - 114,916
4.) Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom) - 99,334
5.) Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco) - 80,945
6.) Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (Konami) - 79,456
7.) Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo) - 57,739
8.) Gundam: The 3D Battle (Bandai Namco) - 39,008
9.) Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Koei Tecmo) - 30,597
10.) Famitsa Baseball 2011 (Bandai Namco) - 26,270​

http://www.cubed3.com/news/15629
With one million 3DS sales so far, it's interesting to see 1/10 owning Samurai Warriors and SSFIV, and 1/3 owning Layton. I wonder if Steel Diver can creep onto that list, or if by the time it gets above 26-27k it'll have been knocked back down by One Piece, RE, TotA, Zelda, etc...

By the way, I've given credit to the original poster in that story, just in case people were wondering... :)
 

Alextended

Banned
Jan 30, 2010
9,943
0
0
Why did people expect Pandora's Tower to do so much better? The sales seem reasonable to me. It's not exactly by a top tier developer or anything, nor does it have an IP attached, so it's in line with plenty lesser Nintendo published titles. I mean, I want to play it, I hope it gets over here, but why would anyone think it should do so great? I don't even believe it was held back by the current state of Wii or anything, I couldn't see it do much better even if it released 2 years ago since then there was actual competition too.
 

enishi

Member
Aug 30, 2006
770
0
0
jesusraz said:
With one million 3DS sales so far, it's interesting to see 1/10 owning Samurai Warriors and SSFIV, and 1/3 owning Layton. I wonder if Steel Diver can creep onto that list, or if by the time it gets above 26-27k it'll have been knocked back down by One Piece, RE, TotA, Zelda, etc...

By the way, I've given credit to the original poster in that story, just in case people were wondering... :)
Thanks ;)

And Sinobi also expressed his idea on 3ds sales: Nintendo software is always the key to drive the consoles sales.

In an extreme case, at the time SNES passed 1m in Japan, Super Mario World also passed 1m. Considering Nintendogs+cats and Layton both around 1/4 attach rate. It shows the lack of killer software in Japan. No strong brands in launch window hurts the sales.

I heard that Zelda is extremely supply constraint (first shipment 150k reported by Sinobi nearly a month ago). I hope it can be the first killer software.
 

M3d10n

Member
Aug 28, 2006
11,468
1
0
jesusraz said:
With one million 3DS sales so far, it's interesting to see 1/10 owning Samurai Warriors and SSFIV, and 1/3 owning Layton. I wonder if Steel Diver can creep onto that list, or if by the time it gets above 26-27k it'll have been knocked back down by One Piece, RE, TotA, Zelda, etc...

By the way, I've given credit to the original poster in that story, just in case people were wondering... :)
Gah, I had finally managed to forget there's a Japan-only Layton game on the 3DS, why, oh, why did you have to remind me of it?
 

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
51,003
0
0
Toronto, Canada
Augemitbutter said:
and finally Patapon 3 broke 100k, yay!
Should become the highest selling entry in the franchise assuming it follows the path of Patapon, and Patapon 2 where it experiences growth even out of the chart.
 

Daschysta

Member
Jan 11, 2011
873
0
0
How have other recent One Piece releases done in Japan?

With the size of the install base these are actually quite good sales and it's already one of the top 5 selling games on the system (right?)

Nintendo needs to stop fueling the falsity that 3DS will make your eyeballs fall out with their constant warnings and interuptions, and release some first party heavy hitters (games like nintendogs will sell strong throughout it's lifetime, but isn't the kind of things that makes people buy tons of hardware at a 250 dollar pricepoint, look for it to have a major revival following a price-drop), I don't doubt that once mario kart, mario 3DS, pokemon gray, zeldsa, and SE dragon quest titles hit then the 3DS will start looking like a market leader, and once a price drop corresponds with that it will be near DSL levels, even if slightly lower.

Don't underestimate the chances of monster hunter hitting the 3DS before long too, didn't capcom recently let out a memo stating that they were releasing fewer games for the 3DS, but expected higher sales than a previous projection? sounds like something big is going to hit 3DS to pick up the slack. 3DS's social features like streetpass could open up some interesting gameplay options given the ad-hoc nature of monster hunter. Sony will fight to keep it exclusive on handhelds of course, but it didn't help squareenix keep dragon quest, and capcom are port-whores lately.
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
PS3 "Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver." is set for 8/25 at just 4800Y, and the PSP Poka Poka Diary G gets bumped two weeks to 8/10.

Not bad pricing for MHP3HD, PSP version goes for 5800Y, although I wonder if HD announcement has something to do with MHP3 sales slump (not in top20 this week).
 

noobie

Member
Aug 16, 2008
2,295
0
0
www.facebook.com
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PS3 "Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver." is set for 8/25 at just 4800Y, and the PSP Poka Poka Diary G gets bumped two weeks to 8/10.

Not bad pricing for MHP3HD, PSP version goes for 5800Y, although I wonder if HD announcement has something to do with MHP3 sales slump (not in top20 this week).
Wander if PS3 price cut is going to be before or after that. it can make a big difference on the FW numbers
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
21. / 13. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) {2010.12.01}
22. / 00. [PS3] Infamous [PlayStation 3 the Best] (SCE) {2011.05.26}
23. / 11. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) {2011.04.14}
24. / 20. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends (Nintendo) {2011.02.26}
25. / 22. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) {2009.10.01}
26. / 21. [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo) {2010.12.09}
27. / 12. [PSP] Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Wars Z: Hakai-hen (Bandai Namco) {2011.04.14}
28. / 25. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (w/ Remote Plus) (Nintendo) {2010.11.11}
29. / 00. [NDS] Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective [New Best Price! 2000] (Capcom) {2011.05.26}
30. / 29. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) {2009.12.03}
31. / 44. [WII] Billy's Boot Camp: Enjoy the Diet on Wii! (Rocket Company) {2011.04.21}
32. / 00. [360] Warriors: Legends of Troy (Koei Tecmo) {2011.05.26}
33. / 33. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level 5) {2011.02.26}
34. / 28. [PS3] Demon's Souls [PlayStation 3 the Best] (SCE) {2010.02.25}
35. / 27. [3DS] Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo) {2011.04.14}
36. / 31. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) {2010.11.18}
37. / 10. [3DS] Steel Diver (Nintendo) {2011.05.12}
38. / 23. [PSP] Earth Defence Force 2 Portable (D3 Publisher) {2011.04.07}
39. / 30. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki [Everyone's Recommendation Selection] (Hudson) {2011.01.20}
40. / 39. [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition [PlayStation 3 the Best] (Capcom) {2010.11.11}
41. / 06. [PS3] Portal 2 (Electronic Arts) {2011.05.19}
42. / 26. [PSP] Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (Square Enix) {2011.03.24}
43. / 37. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity (Sega) {2011.02.24}
44. / 34. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [PSP the Best] (Konami) {2011.02.24}
45. / 36. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) {2010.10.28}
46. / 40. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) {2008.01.31}
47. / 41. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) {2006.05.25}
48. / 38. [NDS] Magician's Quest: The Merchant’s Store of Sorcery (Konami) {2010.11.11}
49. / 14. [PSP] Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (Bandai Namco) {2011.05.12}
50. / 18. [PSP] Final Promise Story (Image Epoch) {2011.04.28}


PSP - 15
WII - 10
PS3 - 9
NDS - 8
3DS - 6
360 - 2
PS2 - 0


SOFTWARE
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------            
|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year |        YTD |   Last YTD |            
-----------------------------------------------------------------------            
|  ALL  |   597.000 |   462.000 | 1.121.885 | 18.170.000 | 23.273.615 |       
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Dengeki Sales, May 23 - May 29, 2011 (week 22)

01. / 00. [3DS] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (Bandai Namco) - 78,659 / 78,659 [Sell-through: 50% => 157,000]
02. / 00. [PS3] Warriors: Legends of Troy (Koei Tecmo) - 33,878 / 33,878 [Sell-through: 70% => 48,000]
03. / 00. [WII] Pandora's Tower (Nintendo) - 24,091 / 24,091
04. / 01. [PSP] Akiba's Trip (Acquire) - 19,107 / 73,514
05. / 03. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix) - 17,843 / 504,792
06. / 00. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Tendou with Power-up Kit (Koei Tecmo) - 15,582 / 15,582
07. / 00. [NDS] Treasure Report: Kikai Jikake no Isan (Bandai Namco) - 15,506 / 15,506
08. / 00. [PSP] Iza, Shutsujin! Koi Ikusa (QuinRose) - 11,095 / 11,095
09. / 05. [PSP] Patapon 3 (SCE) - 9,644 / 107,007
10. / 06. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 9,100 / 178,353
11. / 12. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 7,131 / 1,852,704
12. / 59. [NDS] Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (Pokemon Co.) - 6,718 / ?
13. / 00. [PSP] Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku (5pb.) - 6,463 / 6,463
14. / 08. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) - 5,439 / 4,562,905
15. / 00. [NDS] Red Stone DS: Akaki Ishi ni Michibikareshi Monotachi (GameOn) - 5,156 / 5,156
16. / 02. [3DS] Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Koei Tecmo) - 5,153 / 28,793
17. / 04. [PSP] Gungnir: Masou no Gunshin to Eiyuu Sensou (Atlus) - 5,050 / 22,038
18. / 09. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 4,428 / 158,685
19. / 15. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 3,956 / 3,144,962
20. / 21. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 3,931 / ?

00. / 00. [360] Warriors: Legends of Troy (Koei Tecmo) - 4,000 / 4,000 [Sell-through: 50% => 8,000]

Other software (first week / LTD):
2008-09-11 [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 - The Treasure Beneath the Waves [all prices] (Bandai Namco) - 59,000 / 226,000
2009-02-26 [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 2 - Awakening of the Hero [all prices] (Bandai Namco) - 48,000 / 235,000


[3DS] One Piece SP had very low sell-through on department stores and supermarkets, around 30%.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/371/371113/




Dengeki Sales, May 16 - May 22, 2011 (week 21)

01. / 00. [PSP] Akiba's Trip (Acquire) - 54,407 / 54,407 [Sell-through: 85% => 64,000]
02. / 00. [3DS] Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Koei Tecmo) - 23,640 / 23,640 [Sell-through: 60% => 39,000]
03. / 01. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix) - 19,237 / 486,949
04. / 00. [PSP] Gungnir: Masou no Gunshin to Eiyuu Sensou (Atlus) - 16,988 / 16,988
05. / 04. [PSP] Patapon 3 (SCE) - 9,632 / 97,363
06. / 06. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 7,879 / 169,253
07. / 00. [PS3] Portal 2 (Electronic Arts) - 5,307 / 5,307
08. / 12. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) - 4,978 / 4,557,466
09. / 07. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 4,894 / 154,257
10. / 02. [3DS] Steel Diver (Nintendo) - 4,819 / 20,710
11. / 09. [PSP] Super Robot Wars Z 2nd: Hakai-Hen (Bandai Namco) - 4,233 / 414,450
12. / 13. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 4,031 / 1,845,573
13. / 03. [PS3] Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (Bandai Namco) - 3,627 / 16,786
14. / 05. [PSP] Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (Bandai Namco) - 3,588 / 15,650
15. / 19. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 3,200 / 3,141,006
16. / 17. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [PSP the Best] (Konami) - 3,194 / ?
17. / 21. [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo) - 3,163 / ?
18. / 00. [3DS] Animal Resort: Doubutsuen wo Tsukurou!! (Marvelous Entertainment) - 3,087 / 3,087
19. / 00. [PSP] Elminage Original: Yami no Miko to Kamigami no Yubiwa (Starfish SD) - 3,033 / 3,033
20. / 08. [PSP] Final Promise Story (Image Epoch) - 2,950 / 87,980
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/369/369587/




Dengeki Sales, May 09 - May 15, 2011 (week 20)

01. / 01. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix) - 21,955 / 467,712
02. / 00. [3DS] Steel Diver (Nintendo) - 15,891 / 15,891 [Sell-through: 30% => 53,000]
03. / 00. [PS3] Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (Bandai Namco) - 13,159 / 13,159 [Sell-through: 40% => 33,000]
04. / 03. [PSP] Patapon 3 (SCE) - 12,916 / 87,731
05. / 00. [PSP] Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (Bandai Namco) - 12,062 / 12,062 [Sell-through: 40% => 30,000]
06. / 02. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 10,616 / 161,374
07. / 07. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 7,582 / 149,363
08. / 04. [PSP] Final Promise Story (Image Epoch) - 7,061 / 85,030
09. / 05. [PSP] Super Robot Wars Z 2nd: Hakai-Hen (Bandai Namco) - 7,053 / 410,217
10. / 00. [PSP] Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume [Tohoku Earthquake Charity Edition] (Prototype) - 6,125 / 6,125
11. / 00. [PSP] Doki Doki Suikoden (Irem) - 5,915 / 5,915
12. / 08. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) - 5,428 / 4,552,488
13. / 09. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 4,388 / 1,841,542
14. / 21. [PSP] Earth Defense Force 2 Portable (D3 Publisher) - 4,278 / ?
15. / 14. [PSP] Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (Square Enix) - 3,750 / 191,862
16. / 06. [PS3] El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (Ignition) - 3,733 / 64,365
17. / 23. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [PSP the Best] (Konami) - 3,622 / ?
18. / 13. [3DS] Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo) - 3,469 / 58,501
19. / 10. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 3,375 / 3,137,806
20. / 11. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 3,160 / ?

Other software (first week / LTD):
2007-12-27 [PSP] Suzumiya Haruhi's Promise (Bandai Namco) - 4,000 / 157,000
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/367/367570/





Dengeki Sales, May 02 - May 08, 2011 (week 19)

01. / 01. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix) - 48,053 / 445,757
02. / 07. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 21,622 / 150,758
03. / 03. [PSP] Patapon 3 (SCE) - 20,633 / 74,815
04. / 02. [PSP] Final Promise Story (Image Epoch) - 16,544 / 77,969
05. / 06. [PSP] Super Robot Wars Z 2nd: Hakai-Hen (Bandai Namco) - 15,776 / 403,164
06. / 04. [PS3] El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (Ignition) - 12,948 / 60,632
07. / 09. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 12,661 / 141,781
08. / 10. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) - 11,239 / 4,547,060
09. / 16. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 10,800 / 1,837,154
10. / 23. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 9,581 / 3,134,431
11. / 24. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 9,027 / ?
12. / 25. [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo) - 8,713 / ?
13. / 17. [3DS] Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo) - 8,147 / 55,032
14. / 14. [PSP] Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (Square Enix) - 7,061 / 188,112
15. / 05. [NDS] Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (Pokemon Co.) - 6,885 / 97,452
16. / 36. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 6,440 / ?
17. / 34. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 6,406 / ?
18. / 28. [NDS] Pokemon Black (Pokemon Co.) - 6,303 / ?
19. / 22. [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 7 (Koei Tecmo) - 6,263 / ?
20. / 15. [NDS] Detective Conan: Aoki Houseki no Rondo (Bandai Namco) - 6,171 / 34,147
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/365/365919/


Apr 25 - May 01, 2011
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
PS3 setting up for a good month in September...

8/25 Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver.
8/25 Samurai Warriors 3 Empires
9/08 Tales of Xillia
9/15 Dark Souls
9/22 ICO/Shadow and the Colossus
9/29 2nd Super Robot Taisen OG

Now if they dropped PS3 HW price on 8/25, but we know the Xillia bundle already and it isn't discounted so they'll drop it on October or something when there's nothing big to benefit mutually :/
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
This years turns very bad for software and without the big title between now and December it will only get worse.
 
noobie said:
How much Demon Soul (best edition) has sold so far. isnt it a bit too long for it to be still in the top 50.??
Under normal circumstances, yeah. But when 4500 gets you in the Top 20, I guess it doesn't take a giant blip to put something back in the Top 50 for a bit.

By Famitsu it had a 16K first week and was up to 50K by the middle of 2010. By the end of 2010 Media Create has it at 106K.
 

apujanata

Member
Jun 14, 2004
2,233
0
0
enishi said:
Thanks ;)

And Sinobi also expressed his idea on 3ds sales: Nintendo software is always the key to drive the consoles sales.

In an extreme case, at the time SNES passed 1m in Japan, Super Mario World also passed 1m. Considering Nintendogs+cats and Layton both around 1/4 attach rate. It shows the lack of killer software in Japan. No strong brands in launch window hurts the sales.

I heard that Zelda is extremely supply constraint (first shipment 150k reported by Sinobi nearly a month ago). I hope it can be the first killer software.
Nintendogs+cats is a killer software.
Layton may not be as killer as nintendogs, but it is doing as well as I expected.

I don't have any hope for Zelda on 3DS.
As a long time Zelda fans, Zelda on 3DS didn't excite me. I have $500 I set aside for 3DS and Zelda, but I probably wouldn't buy them. I hate 3DS' 3D, and it's battery life.

I would prefer for a "third pillar", a true DS 2/ DS Next, without any 3D gimmick, and long lasting batter (at least 6 hours, ideally 10 hours).
 

enishi

Member
Aug 30, 2006
770
0
0
apujanata said:
Nintendogs+cats is a killer software.
Layton may not be as killer as nintendogs, but it is doing as well as I expected.

I don't have any hope for Zelda on 3DS.
As a long time Zelda fans, Zelda on 3DS didn't excite me. I have $500 I set aside for 3DS and Zelda, but I probably wouldn't buy them. I hate 3DS' 3D, and it's battery life.

I would prefer for a "third pillar", a true DS 2/ DS Next, without any 3D gimmick, and long lasting batter (at least 6 hours, ideally 10 hours).
The tie ratio shows otherwise. In the past, Nintendo killer soft on its console remains very high tie ratio, at least during launch windows. Less than 1/4 is rather disappointing, and Layton sells a bit more...

Maybe Cafe will fulfill your wish :)
 

Truth101

Banned
Jul 15, 2009
4,727
0
0
Strive said:
Oh, can you show how this One Piece sold compared to previous ones in the first week? Thank you.
Already posted

Road said:
Other software (first week / LTD):
2008-09-11 [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 - The Treasure Beneath the Waves [all prices] (Bandai Namco) - 59,000 / 226,000
2009-02-26 [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 2 - Awakening of the Hero [all prices] (Bandai Namco) - 48,000 / 235,000
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
apujanata said:
Nintendogs+cats is a killer software.
Layton may not be as killer as nintendogs, but it is doing as well as I expected.

I don't have any hope for Zelda on 3DS.
Nintendogs and Layton have failed. Zelda looks to be system's first big seller.
 

Father_Brain

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
22,706
0
0
33
New York, NY
apujanata said:
Nintendogs+cats is a killer software.
Layton may not be as killer as nintendogs, but it is doing as well as I expected.

I don't have any hope for Zelda on 3DS.
As a long time Zelda fans, Zelda on 3DS didn't excite me. I have $500 I set aside for 3DS and Zelda, but I probably wouldn't buy them. I hate 3DS' 3D, and it's battery life.

I would prefer for a "third pillar", a true DS 2/ DS Next, without any 3D gimmick, and long lasting batter (at least 6 hours, ideally 10 hours).
You're asking for the impossible. With or without autostereoscopic 3D, there is no current technology that will get you both relatively high-end 3D graphics (approximately on par with or better than last-gen consoles) and 6-10 hours of play time in a pocket-sized device.
 

jesusraz

Member
Apr 27, 2006
2,402
0
0
37
Manchester, England
www.cubed3.com
Chris1964 said:
Nintendogs and Layton have failed. Zelda looks to be system's first big seller.
nintendogs+cats has underperformed, Pilotwings Resort barely made a mark, and at this rate Steel Diver will struggle to sell through its initial supply of stock...Zelda has to at least get Nintendo's releases going in the right direction.

I got OoT 3D today and am thoroughly impressed. The 3D effect isn't that noticeable in most places, but there are a few 'whoa' moments that caught me off guard. I've not played it since the N64 original, so am definitely enjoying playing through it again. Feels very fresh, if somewhat easier than in the past (likely due to familiarity more than anything).
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
With E3 running I doubt anyone cares but azalyn estimates 60k for Mercenaries 3D.
 

Truth101

Banned
Jul 15, 2009
4,727
0
0
Chris1964 said:
With E3 running I doubt anyone cares but azalyn estimates 60k for Mercenaries 3D.
That is actually not bad, but Azalyn's estimates have been way off before, so I will wait to reserve judgment.
 
Oct 14, 2006
18,101
0
1,155
Tron 2.0 said:
I wouldn't say Spirit Tracks sold *bad*. ~725k is decent.
Fair point, but it *was* overstocked and thus sold less than Nintendo's expectations. I remember that it experienced a pretty severe price collapse.
 

Tron 2.0

Member
Jun 19, 2007
3,329
0
0
Yeah, I think with Phantom Hourglass hovering around a million + trains they expected greater things from Spirit Tracks.
 

jesusraz

Member
Apr 27, 2006
2,402
0
0
37
Manchester, England
www.cubed3.com
RurouniZel said:
Oh wow, I didn't know Deadly Silence bombed so hard. Good to know, hopefully Azalyn's estimate's accurate.
That, as pointed out by the [FW], was only it's first week...over time it did much better, and even more so with budget re-releases. You only have to ask cvxfreak about it to find out exactly how it's done :)
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
Must be my OCD but man doesn't Wii U fuck up the legacy of 3 letters abbreviations. Just how the hell do we put it, NWU? WIU? WI2? Just as PS Vita cleared any worries (NGP being taken, PSP2 being 4...) with PSV we now face this.

Yeah, I have some free time lately.
 
Oct 14, 2006
18,101
0
1,155
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Must be my OCD but man doesn't Wii U fuck up the legacy of 3 letters abbreviations. Just how the hell do we put it, NWU? WIU? WI2? Just as PS Vita cleared any worries (NGP being taken, PSP2 being 4...) with PSV we now face this.

Yeah, I have some free time lately.
WIU - I thought of it almost immediately.