• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2013 (Jul 15 - Jul 21)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And i don't know if the anime for GE will matter much. The game is already pretty famous as it is.

I feel they still have the potential to engage and audience that might have heard of the game, but not yet been enticed by it.

How much they actually have an impact is of course up for debate.

Scum

I said 3DS, not iOS! :p

5YRcF.gif

DaBoss

Oh yeah for those who missed it Monster Hunter Frontier G is coming to PS3 (11/20) and Wii U (12/11) in Japan this year.

Should note that it is a port of the game released earlier this year which was released for PC and 360 (which was an expanded re-release of game for the already released for PC and 360). And it is an MMO that is subscription based.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Should note that it is a port of the game released earlier this year which was released for PC and 360 (which was an expanded re-release of game for the already released for PC and 360). And it is an MMO that is subscription based.

Yes, it's definitely not a traditional Monster Hunter.

Oh man, Nintendo is actually marketing the StreetPass Mii Plaza games on TV. Though it does seem kinda funny, it just seems odd to advertise it on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGNDlUAG114
Unusual, but cool.

From Iwata:

We only started distributing those new games a week ago, but already more than two hundred thousand consumers had purchased at least one out of those four games by last Sunday. We employed no mass-media advertising so we think we are off to a good start. I think that products like these ones will provide new business opportunities for Nintendo in the future. I take it that you are very satisfied with our new games, and we feel that if our consumers determine that the price of a particular game that we offer matches the content that it offers, then there will be more people who try our new propositions. We would certainly like to consider new possibilities for our future endeavors.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/130627qa/index.html

Hmm 650k software forcasted for Vita with 0 in this quarter ?

40k is probably that weird football game
200-300k would be next miku

so something quite big must be planned

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
DC selling like a Persona main title would be nice +200K opening incoming ? Atlus will be happy no doubt about it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My main question is what are they doing on 3DS that *isn't* Dragon Quest or perhaps Bravely Default 2.

Probably nothing, but (if there will be a DQXI and a FFBD2 for real) I'd say that would be enough, considering the actual SE status, isn't it? I mean, it would seem their maximum effort, combined with FF and KH on PS4 (Sony home and Nintendo handheld)

Yeah im really starting to think DKC misses 2013 which is baffling to me

Also i get the feeling Zelda Wiiu is coming real soon showing up in release lists right now. Holiday 2014 sounds good.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
What Sega game will release in Jul-Aug-Sep for Wii U in all regions? Sonic Lost World is October, Mario & Sonic also isn't slated for any time before October and Yakuza is, but it is Japan-only...

From ‏@gibbogame

Nintendo - Pikmin 3 sold 16k to take its total to 149k and sell through now 70% so only 30% inventory
#1 in JP last week was Ace Attorney 5 from Capcom which sold 242k which had almost 70% sell through.
Japan WiiU software units were 203k in July so far...versus 47k in June, compare that to NPD June which did about 140k

Bruno MB

From ‏@gibbogame

Nintendo - Pikmin 3 sold 16k to take its total to 149k and sell through now 70% so only 30% inventory
#1 in JP last week was Ace Attorney 5 from Capcom which sold 242k which had almost 70% sell through.
Japan WiiU software units were 203k in July so far...versus 47k in June, compare that to NPD June which did about 140k

Thanks!

[3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom) {2013.07.25} - 242.000 / NEW <70%> 104.000 units in stock
[3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2013.07.18} (¥4.800) - 48.000 / 156.000 (-56%) <42%> 215.000 units in stock
[WIU] Pikmin 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥5.985) - 16.000 / 149.000 (-48%) <70%> 64.000 units in stock

Nickel85

Great start for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies. Hope it has some legs!

Not a bad drop for M&L but sales are still disappointing, especially the sell through!!

Really curious about the WiiU... hope its over 10k.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
KInda shocked that TLOU is still hanging in there. Nearly 180k is a remarkable showing for a Z-rated gaijin-game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm waiting for an official confirmation. The gifs are ready for AA5.

Frodo

Yeah im really starting to think DKC misses 2013 which is baffling to me

Also i get the feeling Zelda Wiiu is coming real soon showing up in release lists right now. Holiday 2014 sounds good.

It shouldn't be hard to localize Tropical Freeze, right? Why is it not making 2013? Baffling indeed.

And, yes... Seeing Zelda on this reports makes it look like it is coming sooner than expected. I wonder how the Zelda teams are divided, though, with Wind Waker and A Like Between Words and the "next-gen Zelda"...

And if this is indeed the case how did they manage to to finalize it so quickly?

From &#8207;@gibbogame

So this means, Nintendo software actually sell when they release it? SHOCKING! :p

I know that in the current situation it won't make much difference, but still... Nice to see a improvement.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So this means, Nintendo software actually sell when they release it? SHOCKING! :p

I know that in the current situation it won't make much difference, but still... Nice to see a improvement.

Every company's software sells when they releases it.

There aren't numbers for celebration.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Could we maybe see LaytonxAA crossover climb back up into the top 30, or at least, the top 50?

Probably not, but possible. A couple of stores put Layton vs. AA on sale as a promotion w/ AA5 for about 1,930 yen. I only know this because my busy was in Akiba and bought it for me. Just received it yesterday. :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PopGAF is scary. I now understand people's fear of them.

I have to admit that Sammy, at least, can post without putting gifs or "SLAY!!!" in his posts. I'm actually scared by Kyon, though. Like, sometimes it's even difficult to comprehend what does she (?) says XD

Top Bottom