• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2012 (Aug 20 - Aug 28)

15000Y PS3?
PSP hasn't drop below 16800Y and it will be 8 years old this december.

PS3 Super Slim will come with a price drop, though I don't know if it'll be a 10000Y price drop. I honestly think Sony (and MS) are waiting for WiiU's proper reveal, including date and price, before they announced their fall price drops and redesigns (if applicable).

And Sony can't drop the PSP price now unless they wanna finish killing off the vita.

Anything on the horizon for either?

PS3 has ToX2, RE6, Yakuza 5, HSG6, Blops2, Dark Souls Complete Edition, a couple of HD collection games, DOA5, Sleeping Dogs, WE2013, AC3

Vita has AC Liberation and COD by Nihilistic

muu

Vita just crawling and taking forever to reach 1 million miserable hardware sales.

It's absolutely awful. There's not even room for discussion, not even the "let's wait for X or Y event to happen before passing judgment" line can be applied by now.

You're so close to it by this point that you might as well wait for TGS.

Erethian

There'll be sales spikes this holiday due to RE6 and Tales of Xilia 2 but it is really looking like that Sony as a whole (handheld and console market) is out of steam in Japan. A one year headstart for WiiU could be really crucial over there, but we'll have to wait what 1st and 3rd parties plans are first to have a more clear picture. If 3DS is anything to go by, Nintendos relations to Japanese 3rd party publishers have improved a lot, it'll be interestung to know if this also translates into WiiU support.

Not sure why there would be a hardware sales spike for two franchises that have had a strong presence on the system already.

There isn't much of anything in the lineup that would appeal to someone who hasn't been interested in the franchsies/genres that have previously been released.

Edit: In other words, the lineup for the rest of the year doesn't bring much new to the table.

Spiegel

PS3 Super Slim will come with a price drop, though I don't know if it'll be a 10000Y price drop. I honestly think Sony (and MS) are waiting for WiiU's proper reveal, including date and price, before they announced their fall price drops and redesigns (if applicable).

And Sony can't drop the PSP price now unless they wanna finish killing off the vita.

They are going to kill the Vita (if that's even possible at this point) either way if they drop the PS3 price.

GimMick

Anyone knows why Monster Hunter 3G is completely absent from the Media Create chart ?

I mean, if it reached 10th on Famitsu, it must be at least top 20 in there right ?

Opiate

I largely agree with Spiegel. I'm not sure that I'd call the PS3 a "dying" system, but it's at least a system on the way out. Marginal increases in sales from a PS3 price cut will deflate the already perilously low Vita. It's possible Sony doesn't consider the Vita an important part of their future, however.

Erethian

I largely agree with Spiegel. I'm not sure that I'd call the PS3 a "dying" system, but it's at least a system on the way out. Marginal increases in sales from a PS3 price cut will deflate the already perilously low Vita. It's possible Sony doesn't consider the Vita an important part of their future, however.

There's probably some internal conflict over that. I could see why SCEE and SCEJ would want to support the Vita, and SCEA wouldn't.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

PS3 of 2012 is PSP of 2011.

I have a feeling NSMB2 will be similar to how people reacted when Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released but on a larger scale. It underperforms initially but holds lower end legs and thanks in part to the timing of its release it is still relevant software this holiday and benefits from the other major software this winter. It will end up with a surprisingly higher number than most would have initially thought after revising predictions after first few weeks.

The flaw here would be if New Super Mario Bros U kills any momentum of NSMB2. It also doesn't help that NSMB2 is pretty much being labeled as a mediocre game.

donny2112

It also doesn't help that NSMB2 is pretty much being labeled as a mediocre game.

It's fun but short. Coin Rush is great ... until you get the high score you want and stop playing because it only let's you store one high score (outside of StreetPass challenges), so once you get a good one, there's not much point in playing outside of grinding to 1 million coins.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
About this week's releases: Comgnet time!

[PSP] Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd - 431pt
[PSP] Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend - 439pt
[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project Mirai - 210pt ( Collector: 159pt - Regular: 51pt)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku project Diva f - 171pt

[NDS] Megami Iboruki: Devil Survivor - 56pt
[NDS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - 50pt
[NDS] Megami Iboruki: Devil Survivor 2 - 53pt
[NDS] Soul Hackers - 68pt

[3DS] Senran Kagura - 44pt
[3DS] Senran Kagura: Burst - 45pt

Plus

[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation: World - 139pt ( Regular: 92pt - Collector: 47pt)
[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation: Overworld - 115pt

[PSP] Mobile Suite Gundam AGE: 73pt ( 40 and 33 for the two SKUs)

Erethian

Still seems highly unlikely that Diva F could do less than Mirai. Would be funny if it did, though.

Well, "funny" funny.

Praise Gawd and Say Amen!

If [DQX] sells more than 500k lifetime it would be a miracle. "From the company that brought you Final Fantasy XIV..."

PraiseGawd.jpg

Also: 4 week DQX, NSMB2 and Oni Training sales prediction league results will be fun. Visit MC Week 29 thread, starting page 8 to see how you're doing...

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
people dissing/ignoring NSMB2 are missing out on a great game

market has truly changed, though. Nothing is sure anymore

Cipherr

10./13. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 7.816 / 1.534.129 (-16%)

Monster Hunter just keeps chugging along with these sub 10k weeks. Its kinda weird. Just week after week after week between 4k and 12k or so outside of the holiday bumps.

This might be a blessing for us Mario fans... Hopefully Nintendo will finally drop their fucking stupid ass NSMB series and come up with a new Mario 2D series.

Excuse me, I mean fans who are tired of the rehash NSMB shit that they are starting to do. NSMB wii was pretty good.

liger05

Vita just crawling and taking forever to reach 1 million miserable hardware sales.

It's absolutely awful. There's not even room for discussion, not even the "let's wait for X or Y event to happen before passing judgment" line can be applied by now.

That line is going to be used for ever!! Too many people dont want to accept that the Vita is on life support.

[NDS] Megami Iboruki: Devil Survivor - 56pt
[NDS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - 50pt
[NDS] Megami Iboruki: Devil Survivor 2 - 53pt
[NDS] Soul Hackers - 68pt
Cute, but I don't see SH pulling SJ numbers (90k first week).

Maybe something around 75k? :/ I don't know.

olimpia84

Hopefully Nintendo gets the message after this and they ditch the NSMB series and do a massive graphic/art direction revamp.

Let's hope the 3DLand franchise replaces NSMB.

I'm down for this actually. 3D Land is one of my all time favorite Mario games

Forever

Banned

[PSP] Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd - 431pt
[PSP] Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend - 439pt
[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project Mirai - 210pt ( Collector: 159pt - Regular: 51pt)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku project Diva f - 171pt

There's no way the real numbers will pan out like that, right?

This might be a blessing for us Mario fans... Hopefully Nintendo will finally drop their fucking stupid ass NSMB series and come up with a new Mario 2D series.

Excuse me, I mean fans who are tired of the rehash NSMB shit that they are starting to do. NSMB wii was pretty good.

Hopefully Nintendo gets the message after this and they ditch the NSMB series and do a massive graphic/art direction revamp.

I'm down for this actually. 3D Land is one of my all time favorite Mario games
The NSMB hate is so overblown. I also doubt nintendo will come away with this message. Either way the series will likely be on a small hiatus for awhile until a new system is released. NSMBU graphically/artstyle and gameplay looks great and has been in development for 3 years. NSMB2 was pretty uninspired and lazy but fun and had a really quick development time. NSMBU is a title with a lot of effort put behind it meanwhile NSMB2 was a quick cash in.

AniHawk

i had a feeling dqx would always sell at least 500k in japan. it's one of those numbers that would be absurdly high for an mmo on a dead system. and if square enix could keep about 20% of those people as subscribers, they'd be sitting pretty. the ability to play for free doesn't hurt though, i'm sure.

AniHawk

The NSMB hate is so overblown. I also doubt nintendo will come away with this message. Either way the series will likely be on a small hiatus for awhile until a new system is released. NSMBU graphically/artstyle and gameplay looks great and has been in development for 3 years. NSMB2 was pretty uninspired and lazy but fun and had a really quick development time. NSMBU is a title with a lot of effort put behind it meanwhile NSMB2 was a quick cash in.

i think we'll see another 2d mario this gen. they just blew their load waaaaaaay too early. except this will have sprites or be cel-shaded like the kirby thing they abandoned or the wario game good-feel made.

Top Bottom